Speed Dating Event / Discrimination

Melbourne Speed Date

I'd like to report the discriminatory and unprofessional treatment of patrons from Melbourne Speed Date (also known by the name of Australia Speed Date), a group that arranges speed dating events for singles across Australia.

I'm absolutely sure that 3 of my dates would end up as matches as I could see from their facial expressions and body language that they were so interested. However, the day after I received a very unprofessional and discriminatory e-mail from this company saying "Shock me! You had no matches...". This is not what I expected from a company that arranges speed dating events across Australia!! The e-mail was written in a very unprofessional manner like a grade 3 child.

I strongly recommend you not to waste your time and money for attending any of the events arranged by "Australia Speed Date" or "Melbourne Speed Date".

A  7th of Jul, 2010 by
WE TOTALLY AGREE - its all very odd..

Unfortunately, I too had a very similar experience with Melbourne Speed Date recently. After meeting a person and getting along very well within the 4 minutes, we managed to swap details and arranged to meet that weekend.
The following day I received my 'Matches' by email. Surprisingly, I DID NOT RECEIVE a match from the same person who did give me their details directly. When we spoke, the person said OF COURSE they did select to exchange details.
That was one ABSOLUTE anomaly, though there were at least another 2 I can recall. The odd thing is that there were at least 2 people I can recall whereby we did 'click'. Whilst I did receive 3 'Likes', I only received 2
'Matches'; meaning only 2 phone numbers were sent.
I would not waste my time and money with this company again. Interestingly, revision of your 'Matches' can be done; for a charge!