spectroniq/ / 32inch tv not working

1 San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

Our Spectroniq 32 in. LCD was working fine when I went turned it off Saturday night. When I went to turn it on Sunday morning, the tv wasn't powering up. Cable is working. Plug in wall is working. Tried to plug it in another wall socket. Still no power. Power cord is in securely. TV was purchased in march. of 2007. Haven't had a single problem with it until now. I tried to call Spectroniq & they say the number is out of my calling area. I was able to get to their website on Sunday and sent an email to their support department. Still have not heard back. Tried to get to their website today and it is not loading.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were they able to resolve it? Any information you can provide is appreciated.

Gg

Comments

10th of Mar, 2009

Well I am having the same problem now. I turned the TV off and the next day it would not come on. My TV was purchased May of 2007. Unfortunately, I have not reached anyone from spectroniq customer service to report the incident. I have a few numbers that just ring or are busy. Has your TV been repaired or replaced?

• Ta
      2nd of Apr, 2009

i posted this comment under"protron" but spectroniq is same junk heres my post hope this helps

purchased protron pltv-3250 december 2006 at sears and march 2009 believe i have had the power supply board failure that ive seen all over on the internet. both protron and then name changed to spectroniq seems to be out of business as now i realize for good reason. parts for this model ive found at shopjimmy.com $125.96 for the board or at sears for $142 part # rfr-pts-142 havnt repaired mine yet but per talking to a tech at shopjimmy.com it is possible to do yourself or get part and have a shop do it if your not comfortable doing it ..guess the "get what you pay for" line holds true next tv will be samsung or sony hope this helps if anyone else has gotten the shaft with this junk tv