Specialty linens.com / Bad service

I ordered a charmeuse satin comforter from specialty linens.com for $170.
When I took it out of the packaging I realized it was the ugliest comforter
I had ever seen. Furthermore it was not the least bit comfortable. A $50
walmart comforter is 10 times more comfortable that what I purchased. The
satin is extremely coarse and the stuffing is the cheapest polyester they
could find. When you touch it, it sounds like it is stuffed with dried hay.
This comforter is not worth half of what I paid for it. I checked out the
website to find out how exactly to have it returned only to find their
disclaimer: items can only be returned for refund if they have not been
removed from their original packaging. Superman would be S.O.L trying to
fit that thing back into its original package! If you order something from
S.L. make a decision on whether you want to keep it before you pull it out
of the package! Better yet, shop someplace else! But be careful because
specialty linens is a larger unit that has many smaller bedding companies
underneath it.

Ya

Comments

• Rn
      3rd of May, 2009

I have purchased a few items from Specialty Linens over the past several years and can honestly say I have had no problems with service or quality of their products, in fact I needed a special item I could not find anywhere else and they got it for me. This person moaning about an item they recieved sounds like nothing could make them happy, I sure would hate to be their spouse as one could do nothing right in this persons eyes.

6th of Jul, 2009

I had a similar problem with Specialtylinens.com. I ordered 2 sets of sheets and 2 comforters. The comforters were Ok, but the sheets were horrible. The worst quality sheets I have ever bought and they were $79 for both sets. Even my kids said the sheets were bad. There were no manufacturer's labels sewn into any of the sheets, which I thought was odd. I tried washing the sheets one time the same day I received them thinking that might soften them and they got worse. I washed them as directed on the package. That same day, I put all the sheets in their original packages and started e-mailing the company that I wanted a return authorization because the sheets were poor quality. After 3 weeks of e-mails, the company told me that there is nothing wrong with the sheets (basically calling me a liar) and that I couldn't return them. It was the worst customer service I have ever had. I will never buy from them again. I found sheets at my local KOHL'S store that were much better quality for half the price ($35). I had to learn this lesson the hard way. Just be prepared - if you buy from specialtylinens.com, it is very hard to return an item.