Speciality Merchant Club / Rip-off!

996 Flower Glen St.Simi Valley, CA, United States Review updated:

I have been ripped off by this company called SMC or EMC or E merchant Club, Specialty Merchandise Corp. I gave a gift to my sister upon her request and paid only the membership fees for her to have an SMC sales account. I did this with my credit card and I told them I only wanted to be billed 1 time to take the whole amount out at once! And that they were not to use my card again.

I did see the charge on my account which was fine. The following month they started billing my card once a month for 29.95 for some E commerce website. I called them up and asked them to stop billing my card. They told me they could not because the account was not in my name. Which is true... so they continued to bill my account 29.95 without authorization.

I have called and made several complaints and have asked them to refund my money, and to stop billing my account. They did not, they billed my card for 4 months! They ripped me off. What they did was wrong. And I am very upset!!! I think this company is a SHAM. If they were an honest company, they would have stopped billing my account immediately. But they apparently are not! My sister has never even logged on to an e commerce account. She doesn't even have a computer.

Anybody that plans on using EMC SMC E merchant club, Specialty merchandise corp. BEWARE!!! They ONLY want your money!

This is the company that uses Tom Bosley as a spokes person. BEWARE.
Va

Comments

Ve
  25th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also sent for the $15.00 information kit and it was paid for through my credit account and then my husband has been very ill so I phoned them and they told me to fax a letter which I did and the fellow asked when I would start with them and I said I do not know my situation at home here but will notify them if I wish to carry on and will keep the information kit that I paid for unless they wanted it back and they said no no problem, then my credit card comes out with 29.95 on it and I did fax a letter telling them not to take any money out of my account as I was currently not a member and please answer my fax, and of course no answer received but beiing a ex bill collector I knew that I had done the right thing and have papers to show I requested a reply and did not receive one, now I just got my credit card again and they have now taken $43.49 off my account and I am furious and I am contacting them and telling them this is illegal and want my money back, do they not read their mail...
Ml
  2nd of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Yes SMC and thier partners in crime e merchant club are nothing but blood sucking parasites. Anyone who works for these rip off companies will die and go to hell! Beware Satan they will reduce the class of your guests.
Ju
  15th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
SMC is not only a fraud, but buys most of their "items" from China. It's cheap crap.
Do
  8th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Yes I was told most items made in America what a lie.
Ma
  4th of May, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i have been ripped of by SMC and EMerchant Club. They make promises that they don't keep and just want you to spend more money and when you don't spend money they never call you again. I started out with a coach that was suppose to help me and he wanted me to invest 6, 000.00 to get started and I said no way. So he said can you afford 389.00 I said okay and all I got was a lot of gift cards and books that i didn't need .So now I'm up to spending 499.00 to join and received a few magazines and a book to tell me what to do and 389.00 for things i could on did without.
Then I was talked into a website that cost me 598.00 and another 199.00 so I thought okay this will help me get customers . The coach that was suppose to help me made appt but never called because I said i'm not spending anymore money.
I was told that I wouldn't be changed for the website til it was setup wrong they changed me 29.95 before I even had the website.
I had to go into the website and forward the orders and make sure they was cleared with paypal.For that kind of money they should done it automatic .All the products on the website was outdate stuff or was stuff I couldn't sell.
I have lost money on this but I have learned you don't trust what people promise. By the time I get my credit cars paid off I will
have kicked myself and learn how it is to get ripped off by somebody you thought you could trust.