SPD Warranty Program / taking bank information

1 Federal Way, WA, United States Review updated:

today my husband i called because we had received a letter in the mail from SPD warranty Program telling us that our factory coverage had exspired and we could extend it, for a low monthly payment. So we decided that it might be a good idea considering our car just hit a 100, 000 miles. As a lot of people had said thatg the letter was stated wrong, it had said that we bought our car one month ago when we had bought a little over a year ago but we though it was a typo. Considering when we called they knew the year, make, model, and vin# of our car. So we decided to go through with it, so we gave them our checking account number and a routing # off of my check. Because they needed a down payment of 150.00 to activate the account then 125.00 a month after that. I told him that we didn't have the money in there right now so he would have to wait a few days, and that is why we gave him the check number instead. Nothing has happened yet but i look up this site right after and started closing my bank account right away, i have learned my lesson to many scams never again will i do something before checking up on it first. Wish me luck and hope they don't get a pennie out of me before hand! I plan to take further action with this scam by reporting it to the FBI, and goverment agencies, what i would like to know is how they got my info like my car make, year, model, and vin # all tell you one thing the dealer were i bought my car from is going to here from me tomorrow (KIA in Puyullup)!

Comments

• Po
      8th of Sep, 2009

Did you ever get an answer as to how they got your vehicle information?

• Po
      8th of Sep, 2009

Did you get response as to how they got your vehicle information? I too received a letter, but it was for the wrong vehicle.