Sparkle-N-Shine Car Wash / Stay away

At Sparkle-N-Shine Car Wash in Ormond Beach, FL (49 S Yonge St) an Express Wash is offered for $5.00 to ride through the car wash. A special deal is offered in May due do an excess of bugs to pay $3.00 extra to have the scraped off prior to the automatic wash. This service is usually performed when the money is paid. However when they didn't bother to perform the extra service (which was paid for in advance in cash), a demand for a refund received a demand to "Get off my property." The tone of exchange was first patronizing and then actively hostile.

Va

Comments

15th of Aug, 2008

I agree, I've experienced the same and other situations. They usually do a good job on most things. although they need a better system! also heard a lot of small complaints from others as well. its hard to find a decent car wash. You wont believe this, as hearing a new place in town, I recently took a trip to the new car wash on the other side of I-95 on 40 called the Tymber Creek car wash. It looked like a neat little place; i was surprise they do a lot of service for a small place. Well realizing i need a cleaning inside my car so i bought a full service for $20. I would think something this new would be more competitive or more reasonable. well i got the full service in a 15 minute time, then when i got home i realize my dash was still dusty and my door jams were a little still dirty. I was not to happy about that, but realizing it was a little error, maybe sometimes they forget. Anyway i notice my daughters car was very filthy and needed to be clean. I thought I'll give the new car wash another try. I see the Tymber Creek Special on the menu looking to be the thing my daughters car. I told my daughter to go there and get it done. the day when she came back from the car wash, i looked around it and saw many things were not done. I was sooo disappointed. between the seats still have garbage, marks on the dash could have been taken off, visor mirrors were not clean and found wax all over the car! it was outrageous!! I did not bother go back' i did not want to make scene, i was so mad! They need professionals not lazy kids who do lousy jobs. I'll never go back there again. Sparkle-N-Shine has been known and with little error but i think i will stay with them and for everyone too.

19th of Feb, 2009

" HMMM I wonder what you said for someone to respond to you "Get off my property" I have never heard a place of business wishing someone off their property unless the customer was acting inappropriately or out of control. I would of loved to been a fly on the wall during that conversation. And its not nice going around bad talking people. Sparkle n Shine has been in business over 20 years with a very good reputation and I personally have taken my vehicle there and have had to point out things here and there but they always made it right, I even called one time after i had left and they told me to bring my car back in and they did all over again for free. So in my opinion as long as a business makes the effort in correcting there mistake and making me (the customer happy) then i will keep coming back. And just a reminder to everyone out there, there is only One that is perfect and that is Jesus Christ, we all including myself seem to forget that we are only human and humans make mistakes!

• Ji
      17th of Sep, 2010

there is a black guy named steven that used to work in the detail shop, for whatever reason -im not sure he gave up his supervisor shirt ( i guess its bc they were dicking him around) he has went back to a grey shirt.

i think he should go back to detailing cars he was so good at what he did to my mercedes, and i have yet to find another that works in the detail to do as good of a job as him. he was a really nice guy also- maybe he should just run the whole store! weed some of the bad workers out!

- jillian

• Me
      5th of Nov, 2014

I have been going to Sparkle N' Shine in Port Orange since they opened and always say they are the only car wash I will go to. Every time have ever gone to a different wash the windows have been streaked and I am a fanatic about my windows so I appreciate it when they are streak free. I moved and it's not as convenient to go to Port Orange so last time I went to the one in Ormond Beach and they did just as good a job so I was thrilled. Now tomorrow I'm taking my daughter's car to be detailed and am disappointed that it doesn't look like they shampoo car seats, only carpets and mats. I'll go there anyway because they do a wonderful job. I always tip $5 or $10 so that tells you how pleased I am. I cant imagine anyone in Port Orange telling a customer to get off the property either. Everyone there is always so friendly and I have never heard a customer complain!
    JMT