spain / fake gsm mobile promo

1 Fiji Review updated:

Can I please have verification on a matter of a fraud in the name of your organisation.

I had received a text message saying that I had won 170, 000 euros from a GSM Mobile Promo. The 'agent' that had been in contact with us was a man by the name of Dr. Nettan Brunno. We had just received an email from him for me to go to the nearest western union branch to send him 450 euros [this transcends into +$1000.00 FJD] as a deposit into the Lacaixa Bank who holds the funds for transaction into my account. I was really baffled to see all the complaints who had similar stories to mine.

I suggest that telecommunication companies such as GSM be more protective of their customers interests and security. Fraud is a case for any stupid genius who is as opportunistic as the next.

I hope these culprits will be caught and taken to task ASAP.

In

Comments

• Ou
      19th of Feb, 2011
    spain - Holiday apartment
    Apartment in Albacin, Granada
    Spain
    homeaway.es

It turned out to be a mistake. At the first sight of this flat, we were astonished. It is very shabby. The wall was so thin that you could hear everything around, not to mention the wind was coming through the wall. There were only 3 small electronic heaters. The electricity supply is just enough for 2 heaters. Turning on the 3rd heater, or taking a shower (water heated by electricity), or cooking would just turn all the power off. One person took a shower and all electricity was shut down. Later no one dared to take shower or cook.

The whole night we could not sleep due to the coldness. 1 small heater in each room is definitely not enough in the freezing cold night in Granada. The blanket was so thin, like summer blanket. They are also dusty & very dirty. All of us got skin allergy.

On the other hand, the 2 people who stayed in the hotel had a warm shower, sufficient heating, and fantastic bedding. There was no comparison. We booked the same hotel and all moved to the centre the 2nd night. We practically fled from this shaft – sleepy, cold, unwashed, and very threatened by the security of the area (It is a dangerous area, completely different from what the owner said. The house was surrounded by some other houses, but you seemed to be watched all night. We were worried about rubbery all night).

At the end we paid 250 euros extra for a hotel, in order to have a warm shower, enough heating, security and a nice bed. We have been everywhere in the world, but it is our 1st time to come to Spain.
    From the 4 apartments we chose from HOMEAWAY, 3 turned out to be fantastic. We have given the highest comments to them. But for this one, nothing we could do but telling the truth. It was not suggested, to a family, to a group of friends, to women travellers. However, if you could bring your own sleeping bag and cooking utensils. This may do. Don’t forget to bring a heater (however the power is not enough).

• Ou
      19th of Feb, 2011

Website of the apaprtment. Becareful not to choose this apartment.
    This owner also gave racial and nasty comment, and wrong accusation about us after receiving our comment.
    All asian travelers need to be aware.