Sovereign Bank / changed % rate, more fees than quoted
I did my mortgage application over the phone and just received the papers to sign. I have 2 problems.
1) GFE lists way more fees than discussed:
I specifically asked about fees involved. Before I applied I asked the lender to list fees in writing. After I got it, I called him to discuss. I asked about specific fees I thought would be there but weren't (processing, credit report, rate lock.) He told me point blank that the fees on the list were the only ones to expect. (I also have that in writing.) That they didn't "charge a bunch of fees."
2) Higher % rate than discussed:
Wednesday I was quoted a rate, confirmed it on the website. I applied Thursday. I did not lock in the rate (we're in a short sale.) Friday, when I got the papers, the website rates were current and still at Wed's %. Why on Earth would the rate on the papers be nearly a full % point higher?
I can't think of any legit reason why there would be such a discrepancy between our discussions/emails and the legally binding documents they sent me to sign. If they're doing this now, I can't imagine what kind of bait and switch things they'll try to pull at closing.
More Sovereign Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Santander Consumer USA - illegal practices and consumer harrassment 
- Santander Consumer USA - unethical service 
- Santander Consumer USA - join in on the class action lawsuit 
- Santander Bank - mishandling of purchased autoloan 
- Santander Consumer USA - refund due 
- Santander Consumer USA - car loan
- Santander Consumer USA - poor customer service at branch 6172620457
- Santander Consumer USA - my car note/loan against santander consumer usa 
- Santander Consumer USA - pay-off payment not received
- Santander Consumer USA - phone banking system