Sovereign Bank / changed % rate, more fees than quoted

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I did my mortgage application over the phone and just received the papers to sign. I have 2 problems.

1) GFE lists way more fees than discussed:
I specifically asked about fees involved. Before I applied I asked the lender to list fees in writing. After I got it, I called him to discuss. I asked about specific fees I thought would be there but weren't (processing, credit report, rate lock.) He told me point blank that the fees on the list were the only ones to expect. (I also have that in writing.) That they didn't "charge a bunch of fees."

2) Higher % rate than discussed:
Wednesday I was quoted a rate, confirmed it on the website. I applied Thursday. I did not lock in the rate (we're in a short sale.) Friday, when I got the papers, the website rates were current and still at Wed's %. Why on Earth would the rate on the papers be nearly a full % point higher?

I can't think of any legit reason why there would be such a discrepancy between our discussions/emails and the legally binding documents they sent me to sign. If they're doing this now, I can't imagine what kind of bait and switch things they'll try to pull at closing.

Comments

• De
      20th of May, 2009

I JUST WISH SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT SOVERIGN BANK ONLY REPORT TO ONE CREDIT BU WHICH IS EQIFAX AND I CAN'T EVEN GET A CAR LOAN DAMN ### HOLES...