Sovereign Bank / sovereign bank overdraft fees
My husband's checking acct. was hit with 3 overdraft fees that shouldn't have happened. He asked that I check to see if the rent check had cleared yet so, I called and it said he still had $176 in his acct. I double checked and went online, sure enough the $176 was still there, nothing pending. He asked for me to go to ATM and withdraw $40, figuring his direct deposit will hit at midnight and cover the check along with whatever was left in the bank. I went and got the $40 and some stuff totaling $5.22. Later on that evening I checked the acct. online and saw the $40 and $5.22 pending but no check yet, fine. This morning, I checked the acct. online and saw it was overdrawn by $209. We went down to the neighborhood bank branch and was told that the check cleared at midnight causing the other items to bounce. HELLO, my husband's direct deposit goes in at the sametime! I also asked why would the ATM give out money if it was overdrawn anyway, from what they said. I never had a bank that allowed that! After blowing smoke up our butts and trying to get up to swallow their excuse, i'm fuming. At Bank of America, they show checks pending, Sovereign is telling us that there is no system that does that! Not to mention that the ATM's are 48-72 hours behind along with the online banking system! I don't by that! I think it's their way to make money off of fees.
jrogers72's Response, Mar 06, 2018
I hope everyone who is a customer of Santander knows that their money IS NOT SAFE OR PROTECTED!!!
More Sovereign Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Santander Consumer USA - illegal practices and consumer harrassment 
- Santander Consumer USA - unethical service 
- Santander Consumer USA - join in on the class action lawsuit 
- Santander Bank - mishandling of purchased autoloan 
- Santander Consumer USA - refund due 
- Santander Bank - checking account false advertising
- Santander Consumer USA - frank kent country chevrolet
- Santander Consumer USA - vehicle sales and continual harassment
- Santander Consumer USA - car loan
- Santander Consumer USA - auto loans