Southwest Airlineslost, stolen or delayed luggage and poor customer service

R Review updated:

Tuesday, june 30, 2009
Southwest airline negligence

How many of you have you taken a vacation or traveled somewhere on southwest airlines arrived at your final destination to find out that your luggage was either lost, stolen, dammaged or delayed??? Well I have. I arrived in fll my final destination to find out my luggage was not there. I had to go to the luggage center to file a report and there were atleast 8 people there with the same issue. My luggage finally arrived 24 hours later. Come to find out it's been damaged, and items had been stolen from my bag. It's sad to say, but this type of error happens entirely way too much. This is a very common problem with southwest airlines. I'm not sure if it's a lack of proper training or just plain negligence. There are people who travel for business, weddings, family reunions, holidays and the list goes on and on. What can we do to get this problem resolved? I had over $$3, 000 dollars in merchandise stolen from my bag. All in which the airline will not replace. It's in the contract when you purchase a ticket. (for those of you who didn't know) it's so sad. There was an elderly woman at the counter who desperately needed her medication and her bag was lost or delayed. There was a your lady getting married on sat and her dress was in her lugage and yes lost or delayed! Someone has to put a stop to this or at least try and do something to prevent it from happening so frequently. Mistakes do happen, but this is an everyday multiple occurrence with southwest airlines... Travelers should have faith and confidence, and trust that the airline they choose to fly will get there belongings to the final destination without any damages or issues of any kind. Ticket prices are high enough with the economy the way it is. All I can say is this. If you choose to fly swa do not check anything of value... Electronics, money, jewelery, and especially medication. All they will offer you is a $50 dollar voucher off your next flight! Please!!! What an insult! Anyways... If you have any comments possitive or negative I would love to hear your feedback... Thanks for taking the time to read my vent!!! Please if u have any stories to share e mail me at [protected]@yahoo.com or call me at [protected]... No matter it it's happened this week or 3 years ago something needs to be done... I have something in the works that can possibly benefit all of us... Send me your story and contact info asap. Together we can make a difference! How would u feel to be able to fly and be re assured satisfactory customer service and re assurance that your belongings will be there when u arrive. ??? Even if you are not in the miami florida area I have a nationally certified attorney. Im not going to give out too much info but if u feel you have been violated and inconvienced in any way this is worth 5 mins of your time to contact me. U can even contact me via e mail [protected]@yahoo.com

Southwest Airlines

• P
      Jul 01, 2009

They lost mine also.Thankfully it was on return flight coming out of Orlando.Southwest baggage claims rep could care less and was know help at all.Southwest did locate my bag the next day and sent it to my home with a delivery guy that made sure to tell me he accepted tips.

• R
      Jul 01, 2009

please get in contact me...tomorrow sometime so we can talk...this is an on going situation and needs to be addressed! its up to u! thanjks for responding hope to hear from u!

RACHEL

• D
      Aug 09, 2009

Same here. Lost my luggage and could have cared less. Worst customer service I have ever seen.