Southside Wrecker Inc. / Damaged Vehicle

Southside Wrecker Inc.
8200 Congress
Phone: 512-441-7094
I had my car towed on a Saturday night near downtown. I picked up my car the next day after paying $171.65. Drove my car home..parked in my driveway...came outside 4-5 hours later to find all of the oil in my car was leaking out and down into the street. Wanting to make sure this was just not a coincidence I took the car to my mechanic. After inspecting the damage, my mechanic confirmed the crack in my oil pan looked like damage directly caused from a bad tow.

I took pictures from where my car was towed from. I took pictures from my car leaking oil in my driveway. I also took pictures of the damage under my car.

After talking with many people about "Southside Wreck" I was warned that they were very hard to deal with. I calmly drove a different car to SouthSide Wrecker and asked for a "Damage-Loss Claim" form. They insisted on all of my information. The first line on the form read.."Southside Wrecker, Inc. will normally Video vehicles at scene impound for both damage and property in the vehicle. The vehicle will be filmed again upon reaching the storage lot".

I did not want to give them my information in fear of them "losing" or destroying my "Video." I asked for there insurance information and was told to "get the F*&^ out of there office, you are full of S*&T. Get out or I will throw you out."

All of that for asking for there insurance information.

As the office staff were moving me toward the door. James New, the name I was speaking with flash his police badge and told me I was trespassing and he would have hauled away in cuffs.

All this for asking for there insurance information.

I have filed a police report with the APD but it seems to be going nowhere.

If you have problems with this company...PLEASE MAKE NOTE ON THIS WEBSITE AND AUSTIN CITY SEARCH!!!

D  18th of May, 2010 by
These guys are like buzzards scouring over roadkill when it comes to hauling cars. No matter what you think you can do about these guys, you CANT BEAT THEM. These people have the Austin Police Department in their back pockets and no matter what you try to fight with them, you will NEVER WIN. I suggest not even trying it. Their tow fees are regulated by the state of texas and are very HIGH because it is in APD district and within the city.

They have a very bad office of nasty and unprofessional staff and their drivers are not much better. They are either nasty hillbillies or ex-convicts.

I advise, <>