Southern York (PA) YMCA / child care during special paid event

1 Shrewsbury, PA, United States

My children were at the YMCA for "kids night out." When my husband dropped them off he was told to take them to the pool area, so he did and didn't think twice bc all of our other interactions have been positive. When he went to pick them they were still in the
pool area because they were not allowed to participate in the activities which we had paid for that day. When my husband asked why? He was told by Robin that he didn't sign them in. She knew them by name and why they were there. She left them unaccompanied in the pool and would not let them eat. (There was a young life guard on duty). These are young children! Without a responsible adult in a pool!
I believe this was intentional and malicious on her part because when I called earlier in the day to confirm registration and payment they weren't registered. The credit card was linked to my husbands name even though we have a FAMILY account so they dudnt process there registration earlier in the week. When the person who originally took my call asked Robin if they could still register she said, "no, I've already ordered the pizza." When i replied that it was due to an error on there part Mike, the director said they could participate. I believe this woman was angry they were allowed to register so late and was intentionally cruel to my children. She never once tried to call us. She admitted to my husband that she knew who they were and why they were but he didn't sign them in. It is beyond my comprehension how this could happen. This woman should not be allowed to care for children!

Ma