Southern Standards Poodles / Standard Poodle Dog Breeder in Gulfport, MS

Caryn Cumberland and I traded puppies with a written contract signed between the two of us dated 1/25/2015. She received my puppies and accepted them. At no time did she complain or ask to return them. Yes, the female did have a hernia which was caused from birth and our contract was for free from hernia. I told Caryn about the hernia before they were sent thinking she didn't want them. Caryn said that was no problem that she would still accept her. NOW I KNOW WHY. IT's been difficult getting puppies from her. At the time Caryn had two females that were she bred that fell within the guide lines for this breeding. When the first female dog had her puppies she would not allow me to have the puppies. Next litter was all boys, our agreement was for a boy and girl red or /red-white parti. My choice. Caryn refuses to breed the dogs that would fulfill this agreement which have gone into heat 2 times in the last 15 months. She has refused to return my dogs so I am out money, dogs and my recourse is court. I had asked her in March about puppies, she replied early April. When I emailed her in April she said I could not have these puppies. Please take a stand with me and boycott Caryn for her bad practice and ethics. I will be filing with the Ms Attorney General for her bad practices and am looking to take her to court. I have all correspondence between Caryn and I and could forward them to you. Many times I have tried to address the issues but she never answers the questions, just puts down the dogs that I sent her. If she don't like them then she should just return them. She refused! In the original agreement I paid Vet, certs, and shipping.
IF CARYN IS SO ETHICAL WHY DOES SHE GO BY ALL THESE ALIASES: Which are listed in the complaints above.

Anita Caryn Cumberland Lott, 50+yrs old Saucier, MS
Caryn Lott
Anita Caryn Cumberland,
Anita Allen
Caryn Anita Pendley
Caryn Cumberland Pendley

Da
Apr 18, 2016

Comments

• So
      Apr 18, 2016

My name is Caryn Cumberland(there are no aliases) I have been married more than once thus with a google search LEGAL names will pop up as I have had these last names through the years.I have my divorce decrees as PROOF :) if anyone would like to see proof, that being the first thing to clear up on this persons complaint.To address the balance of this complaint we did enter into an agreement Jan.2015 to TRADE pups she did send a SABLE parti male (that was SUPPOSED to be a TRI parti)and a black&white parti female with a hernia .I in turn was to owe her a red and a red&white parti (1) male(1)female from a red to red&white parti breeding taking place Feb1 to Feb. 15, 2015 that breeding took place, that breeding produced red and red&white parti pups-all males- Dana was informed and DECLINED even a male pup from this litter.I can not control sex of a litter. Throughout the next few months(randomly) she would contact me and I would offer her pups (male and female) to date 6 times and she DECLINED pups every time.I have all supporting emails to back this up. She did contact me about my current RED to RED (color bred breeding) and demanded pups from this litter-I DECLINED in no way am I obligated to give her pups that are twice the quality and value of what I received nor is this in the agreement(attached to this rebuttal) 6 times I have offered pups to her-6 times she has declined- she has refused a red male pup twice. Saturday April16, 2016 she demanded 2 pups from my current red to red breeding when I declined she then tried to get me to paypal her 3400.00 to her paypal account for the pups(now adults) which is also NOT in our agreement.I again offered her a male and female pup (even though she breached our agreement last year when she declined pups from the breeding that is in our agreement) she declined the pups I offered and once again insisted on pups from the color bred litter-I declined again.She then proceeded to offer threats of suing me which my response was I will gladly see you in court.Threats of the attorney general(lol) and then now of course trash talk on the open forum of the internet.I have supporting emails for inquiring minds just ask to see them! To address sending her dogs back that were originally sent to me, I am a breeder of standard poodles 10 plus years when I received the pups and realized the male was sable parti instead of the tri I was told like most breeders I took it on the chin after 6 months she wanted me to send these dogs back and I agreed-I called the airlines and got pricing quotes which we all know the cost of shipping (2) 10 week old pups and shipping(2) 6-7 month old teens is triple I told Dana I would pay the part of the shipping she was out for originally sending them to me and she pay the balance and I would return them-she declined(yes there is a theme here) I would loose all my money for raising them, grooming, vet, microchip, registration etc but by this point I understood I had a problem on my hands and it was worth it to me.Long story she wanted me to pay for EVERYTHING. I could go on and on, one example after another but I will stop here as this is the internet after all we are all strangers to each other and we all must read these things and decide who and what we believe. I am attaching a photo of the male that was sent to me as a TRI parti for those of you who know poodle colors I am sure you will get a kick out of this as this male is a LONG way from a tri he is in fact a sable parti and by a year of age has no color(as some sables will do in fairness to him)Again, I can furnish any and all proof to back my side of this nightmare just ask.Thank you for taking to the time to read this.Sincerely, Caryn Cumberland

Apr 18, 2016

I have sent a rebuttal to this complaint as well as lodged my own complaint against Dana Windes

Apr 20, 2016

Karen offered me a red male but the way the contract reads the puppies have to be from the same litter. She keeps going back to the contract but any dog I take has to be litter mates. She could refuse like she has many times to send them. she also has offered me many puppy that she is having a hard time selling but not what was in the contract. The girl did have a hernia and Caryn said she still wanted her for breeding.
    Why don't you ask why she didn't return them. Maybe she will answer that for you. Caryn Cumberland/ Southern Style Poodles could have returned these puppies. Instead she chose to keep. Caryn Cumberland in not telling the whole story. When she had the litter of red/white puppies she actually had two of these litters which the first litter would have fulfilled the agreement with a boy and girl. She would not honor the litter at that time either. If I had chosen from the males I would have had to pay pay $300 in extra shipping so we did chose to wait because she said she would have another litter in the fall. She did but she chose to inbreed. We choose not to do this in our lines. This is not our practice but a common practice of hers. She has also offered many colors but colors that aren't suitable for our breeding program. If Caryn chooses not to breed the dogs in the contract she feels she is not responsible to fulfill the contract. On numerous occasions Caryn had changed her story. She has a slippery tongue. If you're looking for a poodle and want a reputable breeder, is this what you would expect Similar can happen to you. There are many good/responsible breeders out their. Take your time to find them. DeBrois Standard Poodles is wonderful, and her prices are very good.

Apr 20, 2016

I did not have 2 litters to fulfill the contract back in April of last year-that is a LIE.I did have a red to red&white parti breeding as outlined in the agreement-all males-Dana just said in comments above she CHOSE to wait and not take her male from that litter due to having to pay shipping on a female at a later date.This is in no way my fault or decision.To address sending the dogs she sent me back, after several months of this back and forth I did say I would send them back at that time they were 6-7 months old I told Dana I would pay for health certs(as she had) and I would pay the shipping amount she was out for sending them to me to begin with .I told her I would just take my loss on food, vet, shots, microchips, registration-she just needed to pay the difference in the original shipping amount and what it would now cost to send them back-SHE DECLINED AGAIN. I have never offered her pups "that I was having a hard time selling" that is a very silly statement as all the pups she has been offered have been very young(not ready to go)or 8 week old pups that were just old enough to go, now this certainly doesn't say I was offering "hard to place pups". I will also address the issue of "INBREEDING" as it is obvious Dana has no understanding at all of what LINEBREEDING is, many breeders(long time breeders that know their lines and SHOW breeders) will produce a LINEBRED litter to "cement" traits to a line.A pup that has been produced from a LINEBREEDING is then OUTCROSSED into a new line to establish the desired traits.look.coat.temperment, etc . Dana needs to learn about genetics and colors before she slings mud at anyone else.Going back to our agreement Dana has stated many times I could have RE-BRED this pair to fulfill our agreement, I do not breed every heat cycle, and while it is true I did not breed the female this year to my red&white parti male this was my decision and in NO way does Dana have a say in what I do or how I breed my female.My attempts(at least 6) to send her a male and female that we TRADED for were always DECINED so no I did not repeat last years breeding of this female.Every puppy she has been offered has either had a RED or red&white parti parent, again Dana really needs to learn genetics and colors before slinging out statements that make her look silly to any long time breeder.I have always had every intention of honoring our agreement, I have TRIED numerous times she has DECLINED every offer(offers I was NOT legally bound to make)My "story" has never changed, insofar as "my slippery" tongue" I simply KNOW what I am talking about and can back up anything I have offered (pups) it is not my fault she has DECLINED pups on 6 separate occasions, it is hers for not understanding that every pup she has been offered would GENETICALLY fit in the outline of the agreement as every pup carried RED as well as RED&WHITE PARTI again this is not my fault she doesn't get it.I can offer REFERENCES to anyone looking for a pup(vet as well as client and/or personal) I have been raising standards 18 years-DANA breeds doodles I believe :) One last thought, the above mentioned breeder she recommends I personally have never dealt with however I have dealt with KITSUE (where the above mentioned breeder got most/part of her lines I believe) and own standards from KITSUE(Sue) as a matter of fact DANA has been offered pups from me from these same lines :) to date Dana has never asked to see a PEDIGREE from any pup that I have mentioned or offered to her as a breeder wouldn't you need to see a PEDIGREE to KNOW if a pup "fit your breeding program" so I ask "how does she KNOW the pups I have offered her do not fit her program?" After reading all this back and forth between Dana and I everyone can choose what and who they believe.There are many good breeders and there are many of us who know our lines and offer wonderfully bred, genetically sound, healthy pups.

Apr 20, 2016

HELLO, the color didn't work, I would know if the color wouldn't work, I don't need a pedigree to tell me that. You inbred dogs I didn't need a pedigree for them either.

Apr 20, 2016

you just PROVED my point that you know absolutely NOTHING about color genetics- as PEDIGREES are the only way to know color background and what "works" and what doesn't-PEDIGREES are the only way to even know what colors you will produce and who should be bred to who to produce what you are wanting to produce in color etc. .Again your comment about LINEBREEDING is absolutely ridiculous as well and shows again you have no working knowledge of a true breeder. This very short and sweet comment you just posted tells the entire story of what I have been facing trying to please you...you truly do not understand color genetics therefore I believe you believe I have tried to screw you when in reality I have only been trying to fulfill an agreement with you, your lack of proper knowledge of color genetics and the basic need for pedigrees speaks volumes.

Apr 20, 2016

One last comment to the practice of "LINEBREEDING" it is not a breeding practice that any breeder does on a regular basis, it is done to cement certain traits into a line and to help establish those desirable traits into another line as an outcross of the original breeding.In 18 years I have produced a line bred litter TWICE and both times this was done with a true working knowledge of the dogs involved, their pedigrees, their strengths and what I was hoping to improve another line with by this offspring. I will NOT defend to you again my breeding practices as what I produce speaks for itself.You don't even understand the NEED for researching a pedigree so how could I possibly make you understand a line breeding and why it is done from time to time ?

Apr 20, 2016

That fact of the matter is Caryn you chose to line breed rather then fulfill the agreement on the contract.

Apr 20, 2016

This is Caryn's words about my puppies I sent, and about her females that she was breeding. Which in the above she denied breeding the two litters.

Good morning, Loki&Livy are doing great...they have adjusted well...Loki was shy and reserved for the first week but he has warmed up now :) and Livy has always been a sweetheart :) Just wanted to let you know my white female is breeding now to my red&white parti boy, last time I bred this pair they had all red&white partis...Carly(red) is coming in now but not ready yet...Take Care, Caryn Dated in 2/15
    first litter born yesterday/last night...10 red&white parti and apricot&white parti..m/f fat and gorgeous 4/116/15
    in this litter she wouldn't allow me to have any red/white only the apricot.

Apr 20, 2016

The fact of the matter Dana is you have had no less than 6 times to get your pups- the line bred litter wasn't even a red to red and white parti breeding...it was a black to red parti breeding-again you are talking about things you know nothing about

Apr 20, 2016

Dana I offered you a female from the white to red parti breeding that you thought was a red and white parti when in FACT she was apricot parti and I never heard from you! That litter white to red parti were apricot partis(some darker than others but still apricot partis) I did offer you a female from that litter because you INSISTED she was red&white but then never heard anything else from you

Apr 20, 2016

Why don't you address the fact that you lied? Pinocchio

Apr 20, 2016

I denied breeding TWO litters red to red&white parti...never said I didn't have the white to red&white parti litter

Oh My Goodness how old are you?Name calling now? I am done .Good Day