Southern Polytechnic State University / Unauthorized Charge of $550.00 Applied to Student Account

1 1100 S MARIETTA PKWY, Marietta, GA, United States
Phone: 6789157778

I moved out of the Commons apartments at Southern Polytechnic State University in January of 2010. All outstanding charges were payed including the rent for December, the reletting fee, and rent for January prorated. Then in June of 2010, six months later a charge of $550.00 was placed onto my student account. After following up with the business office, I was told that this was for December's rent, 7 months ago (a charge that I had already paid).
I payed a visit to the Housing Office with proof that I had already payed the rent for December. The representative told me that I'd have to take up the dispute with the Business Office.

I visited the Business Office for a second time, and was told again that they do not assess the validity of a charge placed to my account. They would need approval from the housing office.

So again I visited the housing office and someone named Jenny Cotton said that she would call the business office and let them know I was coming one last time. The Business Office again told me that they could not do anything.

I called the housing office three times, asking to speak to Jenny Cotton (the one who kept redirecting me to the business office) and left messages with the receptionist. No one ever returned my calls. Finally got a hold of a manager and was told that I would receive an email.

I finally gave up after not receiving a single call or email. Filed a report with the Better Business Bureau, and they said the school had not responded. The invalid charge was paid through financial aid. This was plain irresponsible and uncalled for.