Southern Management Systems LLC / Not Cooperative or Polite/Business Professional

1 PO Box 149966Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-895-7100

To Whom It May Concern,
I co-signed for someone and the Village at Alafaya Club renewed the lease even after I wrote and letter and emailed advising them not to extend/renew the lease as I no longer wanted to be the guarantor for James Garvin. I asked the apartment manager before I ever signed as guarantor if at the end of the first lease if i had to continue if i did not want to be and they told me no just write a letter and send it to us and that would remove my responsiblities. Well in July of 08 when i learned that this went to collection because he renewed his contract, moved out and didn't pay i was still responsibly. Katie Collins with Alafaya Club told me that they misinformed me and that i was not removed of my respsonsiblities as co-signer. They did not advise me that it was going to collections and by law they are suppose to give a 90 notice. Once it went to southern management in Jan 08 i did not receive any notice until July 15 08 when i got a letter in the mail. I called on July 16 08 to find out what was going on and Tracy Davis was short with me. I called and left messages on her extention several times but was never called back. I contacted them and Alafaya Club to try to get this taken care of but had no cooperation. Final on March 9 09, Abby from Southern Mgmt called me back and told me that they refused taking my payment of $40 a month. That if i could not make a payment of $100 or more than she would not accept it. She told me that it doesn't matter that this should have been taken care of and paid off since it had been in collection for over a year. I asked if i could make any special arrangement since $40 was all that i could pay at the moment but if i could pay more later down the road that i would. She told me no. I asked to speak to a manager and she said she could not transfer me or have one call me that i would have to hang up and call the operation back to leave a message for a manager. So i did exactly that at 11:47am 3/9. Nicole (mgr) for southern mgmt called me back a few hours later and was really snotty and rude to me. She told me that she will make a note in my file that I refused to pay the bill and that she refused to take my $40/month. She asked me where I worked and why i could not make a mesely $100/month payment. She said that she has 4 kids and still could make that a month that i am very irresponsible and do not pay my bills. She told me that if i don't pay it that i would never be able to get another apartment or place to stay because she is going to make a note to the credit agency that i refuse to pay it but yet the hole purpose of my call was to make a payment and payment arrangements which i have been trying to do since James Garvin refused to take responsibility. I don't have a problem paying any of my bill and take full responsibility but i cannot pay all $881.75 at one time but I can pay what i can afford at the moment and it is better than not paying it at all but she said if i could pay the $100 minimum that it just will not get paid. At the time of financial depression there are not many people that just have $882 floating around in their pockets to pay for this but I am making the effort to pay it but they are not working with me. Tracy, Abby & Nicole were all very rude and disrespectful and were not willing to be helpful or speak in a professional manner. Just looking for some assistance. Thanks, Danielle Spence [protected]

Comments

• Ze
      18th of Mar, 2009

I called them today just to get some information. The lady (and I use that term VERY loosely) Nicole Moss was extremely rude and yelled and me accusing me of threatening her, mocking my profession and eventually hung on me. Ironically, if I wanted to yell at her I did not have time as she yelled and yelled herself. Ultimately she would not give me the information I was asking for. In my opinion scam artist and are trained to be rude and unprofessional just so you won't want to deal with them again. From reading around I am not the only person to have this experience with them and even more specifically with Ms. Moss.

• Ka
      17th of Jun, 2011

This collection agency employees indeed have 1) Moral issues 2) lack of intelligence 3) the poorest communication & negotiation skills whatsoever.
    It seems they try to play role of "Bully" Collection agents... My assumption they are having very bad times and in order to get anything from their so called "clients" they are ready to go far beyond ethic borders...
    The bottom line THEY ARE DA BIGGEST LOOSERS (Collection Agencies wise) i have ever seen in my life...

5th of Aug, 2011

Southern Management Inc wants me to pay them what i might owe but wont send me a statement on what I should pay when i called them they are very rude, Non Professional, Non helpful I will never again Rent or Lease any of there Properties and want to let as many people I can know Not to lease from them they Treat their People Like crap.

• Co
      19th of Jul, 2012

Robert Weaver was ABSOLUTELY horrible to me when I called to find out why I had charges I had never even heard of. TERRIBLE. It's been almost 3 years and I've never heard a word from them but only found out I owed $166 for cleaning fees to an apartment complex because it was on my credit report.

• Am
      13th of Feb, 2017

I called and spoke to my account manager so I could pay off the debt. But first I requested a letter stating how much I owe and that they would mark it paid on my credit report once it's paid off. Robert would not even agree to send me a letter stating the amount that I owe. He said, " I do not send out any letters anymore due to people using them as a paid off letter." That didn't make any sense to me if the letter states that I owe the amount then I could not use that as a paid off letter. They will no longer return my calls. I now live in another state about 16 hours away and feel like I may have to actually fly to Orlando to go to the office. But I am afraid if I pay the debt then they will not mark it paid. This agency is very unprofessional and was not able to communicate effectively. All both the receptionist and the "account manager" knew how to do is insult me. I guess the best thing to do now is to consult with a lawyer on how to get this paid or get this taken off of my credit. The absolute crazy thing is I'M WILLING TO PAY THE DEBT! It's almost like they don't want me to pay it so they have the leverage because they know that I want it off my credit report since I'm willing to pay.