Southern Circulation Inc/Veritas Communications / Lets get this straight

I have read over all the posts regarding Southern Circulation and I think it is time that someone stood up and set the record straight. First I want to state that I was both and employee for Southern Circulation and the company that it became Veritas Communications. I chose to remain anonymous because the owner of Veritas Communications (Dave Fussell) is a violent person. He is one of the most disreputable people in the magazine business. He has a long history of abuse in the magazine business. In my last weeks there he was offering to buy magazine orders to female agents in exchange for sexual favors. Every ex-employee including office managers, general managers and agents will swear to the validity of what I am telling you.

Anyway, this is what happened. Southern Circulation was started by both Howard Brock and Dave Fussell. Dave left the company near the first of the year because he and his wife (Tracy Fussell) were having problems. Dave signed over his half of the company to Howard and Howard signed over half of the company to Tracy they partners until March of 2008.

Tracy then stole Howard’s half of the company completely shortly thereafter leaving Howard with nothing. Dave and Tracy had reconciled by that time and I believe it was a plan by both of them to seize the company for themselves. They took possession of all the orders, money, vans, and company records. They led us to believe a bunch of lies that since that time I found out were totally untrue. Southern Circulation continued to operate for quite a while after they took over the company. We worked in Nebraska, Iowa, Tennessee, Indiana, and Georgia. Finally they changed the company over and it became Veritas Communications with all of Southern Circulation’s employees. Tracy later sold out her part to Dave and he now makes payments to her which makes the company entirely his.

All the while they have made up a smoke screen blaming Howard for all Southern Circulation’s problems. They assured us they were clearing all the orders that we were writing but I know for a fact that our orders are not being processed. I wrote down some of my personal customer’s phone numbers from months ago. They still have not received their magazines.

For all of you who wondering where your orders are they are in box at Dave and Tracy’s (the owners of Veritas Communications and Southern Circulation) house. I doubt that you will ever receive them. In my opinion Dave Fussell is the true scammer here and he is the one you guys should be going after, he and Tracy both. Oh yeah sometimes she likes to be called Tracy Turner.

Comments

29th of Oct, 2008

This was written by ASHLEY CARMAN (many of you probably got scammed by her personally, especially in Chattanooga, TN and Baton Rouge, LA) and HOWARD BROCK now doing business as TOP SALES.

1st of Nov, 2008

How anonymous about you grow a pair and post your name. Your people are trying to scam, that whole ordeal is so fake. You can go to Walmart, or Online and get a magazine for 50 cents, it's not that complicated.

If anyone comes to your door and ask for you to pay for a magazine subscription. Just say no, plain and simple.
    If they use the worn out line, "I'm about to get picked up" say, "too damn bad".

Your company/scam is a joke, anyone with 50 braincells can read right through your pathetic lie.

• Ta
      21st of Jul, 2009

I am absolutely livid-I ordered magazines from this Veritas Communications-I wrote 2 checks both for $6.00-One for each kid to help them earn points- When I checked my bank account -They had cashed one of the checks and altered the amount from $6.00 to $60.00-Is there any suggestions as to what I can do

• Ta
      10th of Nov, 2009

I too ordered a magazine from this company, the sales agent is Tony Barkes and in the distributor # box was Dave Fussell's name. I have never received my magazine and upon calling them today, November 10, 2009, I was unable to get through because the phone number is no longer in service. What a scam. I will never buy another magazine from a door to door salesperson regardless what they are promoting. I live in Virginia.

• Su
      14th of Dec, 2009

I live in TN a boy came to my door, in May of 2009, selling magazines to earn points to go on a trip. I usually dont fall for anything of this nature and dont know why i did this time. After lengthy conversation, I guess he gained my trust, and i purchased a subscription for $36.00 wrote the check the check cleared and now its november 2009 and still havnt received my magazines. I called the number on the receipt i have and a lady told me that it would probably be a couple weeks when i would receive them, that was in oct 2009. I got every phone number to the company from CA to NY and not one number out of the 14 i have work. They are all out of service. I know its only $36.00 but its the point. I may contact the Better business bureau and see if they can help to get my magazines or my money one way or another.

• Su
      14th of Dec, 2009

i found a good number. this company is on facebook. 1-888-513-8733. hope this helps.

• Im
      8th of Jan, 2010

There is something you can DO!!!
    File complaints with your state consumer affairs office and the state on your receipt!!!
    File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau – www.bbb.org
    Call your local police (there’s not much they can do but make them aware if you get a good investigator they will request your story)!!

And finally call your local reporters (and the local reports of the city and state of your receipt).

Also call the magazine company ask them if they received your order (I bet not) let them know what you are doing. The magazine I ordered is now going to be sent to me (very nice of them).

The more complaints the more accomplished!!!

Complain Complain Complain

• Co
      8th of Jan, 2010

did a lot of research the owner of Veritas Communications in Woodstock GA is:

Carol M. Willaims and David R. Fussell Phone # 770-926-1787
    Info from GA Business License Database

David R. Fussell is also in with Huntsville AL

(If you do enough research you can find out where he lives, what he owns, who he married and what date he was married and I just got started (all for free))