Southern Circulation, Inc. / Magazine Subscription Scam

Evansville, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8124250546
I'd like to log a complaint about Southern Circulation, Inc. In June of this year, 2008 a girl came by the name of Taryn Bomar representing Southern Circulation came to the door of our home selling magazine subscriptions. My husband answered the door and she convinced him to purchase a subscription. He purchased a magazine for our daughter called "Girl's Life." He was told it could take up to 120 days for the first magazine to arrive. So we waited... We placed the receipt on our refrigerator to remind us, and every once in a while, I would ask about it, and my husband would remind me that it can take 120 days. Well...it is now November and we have received no magazine, and from what I am reading on the web and in the complaint logs, it appears we will never receive them.

I placed a call today to the number on the receipt, which of course was disconnected. So I looked them up in an online directory. To my surprise, they were listed, but with a different number. I called and it was answered as "Top Sales." When I told the girl what I was calling about she immediately told me they were not Southern Circulation and have nothing to do with them at all and that I need to lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I guess I can chalk this up to a lesson learned. Unfortunately for all those who may come to my front door in the future, trying to earn money for overseas studies or whatever it is they claim... this bad apple has ruined it for everyone. I will not purchase items this way again.

Ben Scamd

Comments

Ca
  5th of Aug, 2008

Southern Circulation, Inc. - Fraud
SCI - Southern Circulation, Inc.
Newburgh
Indiana
Phone: 3129256767

Two guys came to my door to "introduce me to the community". I thought they lived in our complex. They were talking about public speaking and how if they sold these magazines they would be able to go on a trip overseas by getting points. I was leary, but purchased one magazine. My check has been cashed and yet no magazine. The phone number to Southern Circulation is disconnected and I'm out $46. I can't wait until another one of these losers comes to my door.

This is a fraudulent company and the people behind this should be prosecuted. I hope Dateline gets a hold of this type of fraud and does a story on it to alert people of this terrible crime.
Ma
  4th of Sep, 2008

Southern Circulation, Inc. - I never received by magazine subscription
Southern Circulation
Indiana
www.southerncirculation.com

May 31, 2008, a young man came to my door selling magazines subscriptions for his college money fund raiser. I purchased a subscriptions at a cost of 46.00. I have not received the magazine. I have tried to contact this Company but the phone has been disconnected. What Now? I cannot find the young man in our local phone book. Do I contact the Magazine I had prescribed to?
Db
  9th of Sep, 2008
Same thing happened to me in Missouri. I have also tried to contact the company and get a disconnected number. The website has also been removed. I just filed a complaint with the North Alabama BBB. Hopefully I will get somewhere, but I doubt it. I also ordered a magazine for my kids and wrote them a check for $34 and it sure did clear my account, so I want my refund since I'm obviously not getting any product. Good luck with yours...let me know if you get anywhere.
Su
  2nd of Oct, 2008
ditto
Je
  13th of Oct, 2008
I am a single mother with three children that I support and I had a guy come to my door and introduced himself as John Pirozzi from USI, a college that I myself go to, claiming he was in a public speaking class and that they were selling magazines to be able to go on a trip overseas. Well considering I was a USI student as well I bought 2 magazines and was supposed to recieve one free. Needless to say that was on June 5, 2008...I still haven't recieved my magazines and when I tried to call the number on the reciept it stated that it was disconnected. I also tried to locate the company on line...and guess what...doesn't exists. I wrote a check to this guy for $80 cause my oldest son was standing there and wanted the two particular magazines. I truly hope someone stops these guys from doing this to anyone else!!!
To
  23rd of Apr, 2009
Same thing happen in Texas. I have also tried to contact the company as well recieved a disconnection number. I can find the website at all. I call the magazine that I ordered they donot show any signs that I had ordered anything from them. I to wrote a check for $46.00, it has been cashed as well. Please let me know what I need to do to get this corrected? Thanks

Tonya
Lu
  24th of Feb, 2011

Here you guys go. Made this public. I hate that a company like this is operating in my own back yard and doing this to people. Based on reports online, Tracy Turner and Sean Nation have had their hands in alot when it comes to magazine sales. There are direct links to Top Sales and Sean Nation/Tracy Turner to both Veritas Communications and Southern Circulation as well. Based on my research, Tracy Turner (the manager for Top Sales) is actually Tracy Fussell, the owner of Veritas Communications and the wife of Dave Fussell, who has been running this racket under other companies all over the US.

I've made complaints with the Alabama AG as well and have forwarded my findings to them.