Southeast Toyota Finance / Excessive wear and use charges

70831 Charlotte, NC 28272-o831PO Box, United States Review updated:
4.15
Phone: 800-686-3494

My husband and I called setf and got a payoff amount in June 2008 and then turned our Tundra in on June 20th to Autoway Toyota. We called setf and told them that we had indeed turned in the Tundra and keys and mailed them the payoff amount that they had given us.

In August, we were still being mailed bills. We went back to the dealership who had never called setf to pick the Tundra. We insisted that they call. Now we were being charged for a dead battery (excessive wear and use charges) because the vehicle sat for two months.

Both the dealership and setf were informed that the Tundra and keys were turned in and setf cashed the payoff check June 25th, 2008.
When we got calls from setf about paying the disposition fee, we were told different things from what a rep from a different department told us. When we asked to talk to a certain rep we were told that we were not allowed to.
They are very disorganized and one rep tells you one thing and another rep tells you something else. I have never had such bad customer service in my life. This was our third lease with setf so we were very shocked to be treated this way.
I think we deserve better customer service than that Toyota. Do you want to retain repeat customers or not?

Dana and Mary Lou Marcel

Comments

Ma
  5th of Nov, 2008
My daughter and her husband purchased a auto from Southeast Toyota. (They knew NOTHING about buying an automobile. My daughter had a brain injury and these people took advantage of them, they traded in a truck and the toyota people did not even give them the payoff. Toyota took the truck and less it out of the sale that they were doing and then added it back in. Also we don't see what the interest rate is on the paperwork. I faxed a letter to them about what happen and I never heard from them. BE WARE.
St
  16th of Nov, 2008
I agree with Marcia. I bought a Rav 4 2008 in August of this year. I leased it with Southeast Toyota never will I lease with them again. I called them in October telling them my payment would be a little late. There was no problem. At least thats what they said. But they kept insisting to do it over the phone. I said no. But then the day it was due, and a few days after that. They were calling my work 5-6 times a day. And leaving a voice mail on my phone. I called and told them to quit calling my job. It will be in the mail. And they are the nastiest bunch in customer service I ever dealt with. And half of them I cannot understand. This month I got my car refinanced with my credit union and lowered the payments.

Southeast Toyota Finance Logo Southeast Toyota Finance