[Resolved] Southeast Toyota Finance / Did not do auto withdrawal - ruined perfect credit

United States, North Carolina, Charlotte Review updated:
P.O Box 70831
Phone: 800-686-3494
i leased a 2015 Toyota Corolla in April, 2015 and, at that time, set up automatic withdrawal from my bank account. First payment debited from account in May, 2015. In June, no automatic debit made. I was traveling and out of cell phone range - one of the reasons I always set up auto debit (ACH) for all bills. When I discovered no debit made and 30 day late notification sent to credit reporting companies, was told by CS rep that bank did not honor debit bc I must have given SETF the wrong acct number to w/d from. This is the same acct and bank that they used successfully the month before. CS rep said maybe bank suddenly changed their routing number. Seriously! All my bills are automatically debited so that I haven't had a late payment on ANY account in over 8 years. Bank has not changed routing # and all other auto withdrawals were honored. Have bought or leased Toyotas for the last 10 years. NEVER AGAIN. My perfect credit has been ruined. I have already received notice from American Express that on both my business and personal cards, I will not have the pay-over-time option bc of this error on SETF's part showing a 30 day late payment. Am asking SETF for their records concerning the debit not made from my account. Will dispute this with credit reporting companies. I'm heartbroken that the perfect credit report I worked so hard for was trashed by SETF's error. Their attitude on the phone is "too bad for you". I should have googled before I used SETF. Thousands of complaints.

Resolution statement

Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Aug 17, 2015
I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. I would be happy to review your account and go over any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
J. Murray
Southeast Toyota Finance
1-800-267-0855 ext. 1204343
Southeast Toyota Finance Customer Care's Response, Aug 24, 2015
We appreciate our customer! Thank you.
Aug 16, 2015

N  16th of Aug, 2015 by
OK, it was a new account and you just assumed that they would not make a mistake... I have MANY automatic payments set up but I take the time every time one of them is ready to go to make sure that the payment is made... If you travel so much that you can not take the time to make sure the payments are made then maybe you should hire someone to check it for you... OR set up the payments yourself from your bank account...
N  18th of Aug, 2015 by
Jessica from SETF called me right after I posted this. She was extremely helpful and pleasant. This was NOT SETF fault. They submitted correct info to bank that bank sent back. The problem is now between me and my bank. Thank you, Jessica.

Southeast Toyota Finance Logo Southeast Toyota Finance