South Florida Web Force / Web Site Designer Scam

1 107 Dory Rd NNorth Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

Robert Kahn, owner of South Florida Web Force, agreed to design an e-commerce website for me based on my requirements.

E-mail went back and forth until I was satisfied, based on his responses, there was a clear understanding of my requirements; and that we had an agreement. Soon after I sent payment it became clear he had no intention of meeting those promises and tried to shift the blame saying I wasn't clear. I told him since he could not deliver what he promised, I want my money refunded. He said he would not return the money because he spent too much time setting working on it. I told him because he can’t deliver what was promised, and because his incompetence caused him time setting up something I don’t want, and can’t use, does not entitle him to get paid. I had sent him $805. He said he will only return $300.and will do so at $75. a month for 4 months. To avoid further time lost I agreed. He sent 1 payment 11/12/08 of $75.; a second 12/16/08; then said he has other bills to pay and will pay me when he gets around to it. I told him I have been more than patient and believe he is a fraud. I told him if he doesn’t pay the bal. of $150. by March, 09, I will go to the authorities and ask to get the total amount of $805. He has not made any further attempt to pay.

Comments

• Ro
      18th of May, 2009

I am Robert Kahn with South Florida Web Force in the above matter. This is a matter of refund where the client & I had to sever the ecommerce project because of an item inventory number dispute. We have a refund agreement that involved me billing her for my time spent in project, ceding her all her website files and hosting package she bought into, and resolving to pay out her $300 remaining balance, for which I have paid $175, and today owe her a balance of $125.

I explained to this client that only due to the 2009 economic difficulties we are all experiencing and because I didn't have any suffiicient revenues coming in to make the final payment that I couldn't pay her last month's payment but would do so as soon as somebody wrote me a check for something. I never said I wasn't going to pay her last $125, I only said that I'd have to defer for a month or two until business got going again. Client's claim to "total amount of $805" is outrageous because our agreement in cash payout was $300 and I've paid her already $175 as of last March 2009.

Client is due $125 final payment and will get $125 very soon. Anyone interested in seeing this resolved can keep coming in here until this debt is settled. If anyone wants to help out with the crux of this matter, go out and buy something somewhere because if we don't spend money anymore nobody will have it.

18th of May, 2009

Isn't this person's listing my company as a "SCAM" on the web on this website and on search engines keyworded into my web company an issue of public slander/defamation of character? How can I pay this lady her $125 if my company tanks??? This is a civil matter of which I haven't been charged in a court for anything and yet my company is coming up on search engines and this website for being a "SCAM", which I am not! If anyone's lawyers are going to look into this, it will soon be mine. Why dont we all just take one lady's word for everything and post whatever we want anytime about a company in the search engines and call them SCAMs??? Because it's not only unethical, its also legal, that's why! This is outrageous.

18th of May, 2009

I posted that this is NOT legal, now the website has edited my post to say, "is" legal??? Isnt that wonderful! Calling my company a SCAM on Google for owing a client $125 and making payments is not legal, I assure you. If I have to rename my company for all this I will be filing a lawsuit against https://www.complaintsboard.com and metroworks.com.

Copy of Email Letter sent to Google.com:

This page is illegally charging me of a crime of being a SCAM on the internet, which I am not, based on one post from one lady about the $125 I owe her 2 months late due to tough times and am paying off. This defamatory and libelous page against my good company name is coming up 3rd right under my company in the search results for my company website name and domain name. I have had dialogue with this woman and been paying this refund down and not been charged with anything and am now being publicly called a SCAM today on your google search engine for my company website. This is libel and libel is a crime, I want this link immediately removed from search rankings for my company name. I am also pursuing legal counsel against this particular website for naming my company in search results calling my company a SCAM. I am trying to mitigate damages to my company good name. Please help me with this..

www.southfloridawebforce.com

18th of May, 2009

Heres another poor soul who has a good business going and someone complained about him on here on the web and now he lost his good reputation because of it. Read what he has to say about this https://www.complaintsboard.com forum:

BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry

3180 Presidential Drive, Suite J
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Phone: 888-721-1979
    bestoftime.com

BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry First off, any person reading this should remember that the only organization in U.S.A that accepts complaints and checks if the person is a legitimate customer and the truthfulness of a complaint is the BBB, Better Business Bureau. There is absolutely no website on internet that checks on the authenticity of the complaint or any information written or who the actual person is who is actually typing and trashing the company.

This website including similar websites that exist allow anybody to write a complaint about any company and make up a name and the state they are from. It is unfortunate but this is the reality of today's internet. So any competitor of any company can create numerous complaints all over the internet about BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry and make up a name and a state and lie about the whole content and their experience on any website in doing so they can trash any company however they want and it will be posted. And nobody will remove it.

This is unfortunate and unfair to good businesses like BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry but this is the reality of the internet and something no company can control. It is only BBB, Better Business Bureau, a nonprofit organization that goes back and checks if a person by specific name actually has done business with the BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry and when or how they paid and the other details that verify the authenticity of any complaint or concern.

We here at BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry are proud members of BBB, Better Business Bureau, and hold the highest form of recognition, we are an official accredited business by BBB, Better Business Bureau, with no complains and exceptional A+, A PLUS RATING, the highest possible rating a business can get! BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry has the best reputation with all of our customers and BBB, Better Business Bureau, will confirm it for you.
    Simply go to their website and check out our record with them. You can even call them if you wish. or visit www.bestoftime.com and click on our accredited BBB Seal/Link.

BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry has worked hard for our reputation and our BBB, Better Business Bureau, record proves it all. So claim anything you want on any site, make up any name you want for yourself- as we all know nobody check if you are real or not., it is the BBB, Better Business Bureau, and only BBB, Better Business Bureau, that knows BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry reputation and will showcase it to any person wishing to check our record.

BEST OF TIME, WWW.THEBESTOFTIME.COM, AKA Alex Jewelry

bestoftime.com
    customerservice@bestoftime.com

• Me
      18th of May, 2009

Since posting a legitimate complaint against Rob Kahn, Owner of South Florida Web Force, I have received threatening emails in where he says he willl not pay me my final balance and he is going to bring all legal action he can muster against me and he goes on with his threat (and I quote), “My boy's mother works for the biggest law firm in South Florida, Searcy Denny in WPB. Govern yourself accordingly. “

And since posting it two days ago he has made all sorts of irresponsible comments. My claim is legitimate. I have tried to work this out for many months. At one time he tried to convince me he was a successful, experienced web designer and then in his rambling comments he paints himself as a business about to tank, as per comment posted 5/18/09 he says, “How can I pay this lady her $125 if my company tanks???” So anybody looking for a web designer, steer clear, he says he may tank. In another posting that day he said, “We have a refund agreement that involved me billing her for my time spent in project, ceding her all her website files and hosting package she bought into, and resolving to pay out her $300 remaining balance, for which I have paid $175, and today owe her a balance of $125.”

That is no longer the case. The agreement to accept $300 was contingent on receiving one payment in September 2008. He claimed he had no money and was about to lose his license, so feeling some sympathy I agreed to 4 payment of $75. to be completed by December, 2008. He again failed. By March, 2009 I told him that the agreement is no longer valid and I now want the total due me, the balance of which is $655.

So beware, if anyone out there is looking for a web designer, steer clear of this one.

Lady (using the term loosely),

I am not paying you one red cent after you have just went out and resorted to the worst and least intelligent decision you could have made here to publicly trash my company here on the internet without due process. This is against the laws of the State of Florida and the United States of America to publicly libel me and my company, do you know that??? Who died and made you the judge, jury, and executioner on the worldwide web today? You now have crossed into the realm of owing me financial repair for this, and I am rightfully taking you to court for this slanderous defematory tirade in print causing my livelihood damage beyond measurement or repair on the internet which is certainly now going to hurt my business. No more games. Ive been charged with nothing, and accused of everything on a public searchable forum on the web linked to my name. Half of what you say isnt even true, and the other half is coming from your deep desire to cause me devastating hurt for something that never happened anything like you say here it did, so save it! This is not a court of law it is a web complaint page from anyone who will complain loud enough about anything no matter how far removed from truth it is!!! Now it's my turn, because this is an outrageous (and punishable) crime to trash my company like this and this intolerable act will not go without running its full course in legal process, thanks to you. This isnt over and you will surely hear from the Florida Courts since you're in New York and Florida prosecutes libel on the web. My company is not a scam, and I have all our emails and agreements that reflect that all we had was a misunderstanding, a busted plan, a severing of ties, a refund spread out over time in a tough economy, a balance whittled away to $125 and now this... Very Nice, Carole. Thank you for sharing today. Your people will hear from my people soon. People like you used to just key cars and knock out windows when they didnt get what they wanted right when they wanted it but now they trash hardworking businesses on the web. Real special. Anything more from you here is harrassment on top of libel because I am asking for this to cease at once.

Readers who are following this classic case of Internet Libeling can further educate themselves to Internet Libel Laws here: http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=1874

19th of May, 2009

Perhaps the most telling feature of this entire complaint is how many dollar figures and agreements this client tosses around, before she commands at whim that the figures and agreements she is tossing about are no longer valid or are suddenly null and void, all because she says so that particular day.

This person is a loose cannon who is all over the board and nothing means anyhing with her, not even this pesky little U.S. law against slander/libeling a business on the web. My "threats" in email consisted of asking her to remove this illegal over the top webpage dedicated to my demise, at once.

Even more telling is that this is precisely the same behavior that forced my company to abandon this project in the first place and offer the first refund this company has ever had to issue, under much reluctance to do so. This client refused to inform me of her item amount list until after I had already procured her website. She finally tells me her item list is 300 after we designed her site with an item cap of 225. This is an issue of storage space which client ought to have addressed before deposit was paid and design work was executed.

My company never even collected for this full job. I took only the 50% half design fee from this client, as I do with all jobs so that I'm not working for free if the client should decide to just cut ties for no reason or if they be beligerent like this one, after I have already worked setting things up. This also means that if things go wrong like they did here in this case, the client doesnt lose her entire web design fee, anyhow. Beyond all this, I told the client I could still make this site work even to this day but it had to stay under 225 items. She refused to allow me to finish the site.

My fee was for my time in hours provisioning/setting up her website to be live and designing her immediate presentation. And, it looked and worked great. Incedentally, she still owns my design and she can do whatever she wants with it, but hasn't. The rest of her money went to the 3rd party host for a year in advance and for her website control panel with proprietary features for her to even do her own site edits.

The full job was not even invoiced, merely this money we are discussing was only a deposit to get everything going, which is common practice in web development. Usually it is common practice that when the client renegs on the first agreement, and scraps a web project in mid-stage, there is no refund at all of that initial 50% deposit. That 50% design/setup procurement fee is non-refundable from most web companies anyhow, as it is now with my company.

This client has taught me alot. Number one, I now get everything straight before taking a deposit. Number two, I do not anymore give refunds on deposits after I have procured, executed, and developed a website design.

Yes, it is on the client to get me their final specs accurately in the contracting process and not waffle about it so that I do not take my time to create and design a website that has inaccurate dimensions, abilities, or storage features.

There is also a number three lesson I will learn because I am suing this client for libel on the web now for defaming my good name. In my mind she is also not entitled to this $125 final balance in question anymore, I feel, because now I have to pursue remedy for this matter in legal means, financial means, as well as diplomatic means as I write this tonight, and technically as well in the near future to clean all this up off the search engines.

561-630-2896

19th of May, 2009

And in case anyone is wondering, there is no place on this entire website for me to petition the administration of this forum, dispute this client's damaging post, or to even bring the publishing thereof into question. My only remedy here is to bicker back and forth with client, I am supposing. That, and secure legal help now...