South Central Power Company-Ohio / Over Charging customers for power

South Central Power Company-Ohio
2780 Coonpath Rd. NE, PO box 250 Lancaster, Ohio
Lancaster Chillicothe Others
Phone: 800-282-5064/ 800-206-0745
South Central Power Company- Ohio has been over changing me for power for 4 years now. I have had them out time and time again. Every time, it's the same story, no problem with the meters. You must be using ele heat. I hired out side companies to find the problem, no problem on my end, in fact they have stated, no way I could ever use that much power. Back to South Central Power Company with questions that they never answer. So in Jan 2009, I think it was the 28th day? I pulled the meter out of the base panel and set it aside. NO POWER BEING USED IN THE COTTAGE! I set up a meeting with South Central Power for the 13th day of March 2009. The day of the meeting, seven people showed up. I vedio recorded the whole meeting. They tested the meters again and the same old stroy, no problems, until we got to the cottage, is the part, I just cannot understand and it told me the whole story, as to what kind of Company I'm dealing with! The night before I put the meter back in and they did there testing. I had the bills in my back pocket. No problems! I than ask the question, so how do you read the meters and if the meter is pulled, do you still get a reading? no was the reply back. So how did I get billed for power use if the meter was not installed and no power being used? Ms. Queen stated that power was used, she has the paper work with her, I stated than there is a big problem, because the meter had been out for almost 7 weeks. You billed me for over $250.00 How can that be? So the fight is on and they have come out and removed the meter from my panel at the new house and there reply to My compaint to the BBB, was the same as they have told me. Tested the meters and there is no problem. So why did they take my meter? They are hiding something? I need some help with this company, so they stop doing this to other customers and maybe we can get the laws changed?

N  23rd of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm currently having the same issue. They were out over a 5 year period. I got a bill for 125.00 2 months ago. I locked up my cabin and left for a month. I came back and got a bill for 360.00. They are hiding something. They stated I used more electric this month than I did in the past. I said there's no way. I shut the power off completely. Stay tunned for more!