South Beach Smile / Free Trial Scam

1 4051 SW 47th Ave, #101-102Davie, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (954) 894-3445

I responded to a free trial for a teeth whitening product for $6.95. I did not see anything about canceling in 14 days or I would continue to get product and be charged. More product came in days after and my credit card had been charged another $79.99. I called Natural Source and was told there was nothing I could do because I didn't call within the 14 days. I have their invoices and nowhere does it say anything about that. I have not opened the product but they told me I could not return it for a refund.

Ed

Comments

• Je
      23rd of Mar, 2009
    South Beach Smile - Unauthorized charge

After reading the complaints posted about this product, I checked my credit card statement online. Sure enough, there was an unauthorized charge for $79.99 posted just a yesterday. I just filled out a dispute online; hopefully it will be resolved.

• Br
      31st of Mar, 2009

I just had this happen to me also. I bought the sample and now this charge of $79.99 that was not authorized. I have been trying to call all day and all I get is a busy signal or on hold for extremely long periods and then asked to leave a message.
    No person to handle customer service with this company!!!

Since I am in this field, the best thing to do is call the Better Business Bearu and the Attorney General. BBB can put a black mark on them and the Attorney General can close them down!!!
    I did dispute this with my bank also. My concern is future charges or shipments. Hopefully my bank can get this resolved.

1st of Apr, 2009

After seeing a story on msn.com about a housewife in Birmingham, AL coming up with this oh so magical and inexpensive way to brighten your teeth I was sold. I promptly ordered my "free trial" of South Beach Smile. I received it about a week later (along with my $6.95 s&h fee) only to discover that you have to wear each tray for 30 mins to 1 hr a day! Separately! Who has time for that??? I was not happy. I tried for 5 days to contact someone in their "Customer Care" department at the only number and way of contact I was given. Less than 2 weeks after receiving the product I was debited $79.99 and found out if I don't cancel my membership (How can I if I can't contact anyone?) That I would be billed $39.99 a month! This and all others like it should be shut down immediately. Like everyone doesn't have enough to be stressed about already!!!

• Le
    South Beach Smile - Cannot successfully cancel
    Natural Source Store LLC
    125 John Street
    New York

I signed up for a free trial of South Beach Smile teeth whitener and have been unsuccessful in canceling this "membership". My credit card is being charged.

No one (live) has answered the telephone (954-237-2690) after repeated attempts.

How do I successfully cancel ???

• Kr
      1st of Apr, 2009

Totally agree- I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone either. I have tried to email, but no answer yet. Terrible company- do not order the product!

• Hi
      2nd of Apr, 2009

EVERYONE DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT! The hidden charges are real! I got my trial on the 15th day after of order! As of today I have only used it for 3days and I am being hit with a charge for 84.79! I immediately TRIED to contact the company and of course NO ANSWER! I called my credit card company asap and xcld that card number and got a new one!! This is the only way to stop the auto payments from occuring and to dispute the charge of 84.79!! I suggest all who have been affected by this do the same thing! NO MORE FREE TRIAL gimicks for me!!! Just go to the dentist ask for a payment plan and get it done right and quickly and professionally the first time without all this drama!

MS Florida resident

2nd of Apr, 2009

DO NOT ORDER from this company or ONE LIKE IT! NOTHING is FREE! The "small print" of the terms & conditions must be accessed by the buyer BEFORE ordering. Otherwise by ordering the so-called "free trial" you are authorizing the "membership". This was not apparent to me when I stupidly ordered & was subsequently billed the second after the 14 day "trial" period ended. It has been a TRIAL all right. Did manage to speak with a customer representative on the other side of the world & supposedly my "membership" has been canceled (obtained a cancellation number). I should have known when I noticed they didn't accept American Express!!!

Supposedly on the "terms & conditions" you can return ANY unused product for a refund minus restocking fee. When I receive my shipment that I paid a handsome sum for, I am going to attempt to call them to get a refund confirmation number (with money back minus fee) & see what happens. I have my doubts about this as this is a VERY FRAUDULENT "company".

Somebody needs to put them out of business!!! By the way, MY address for this outfit is 6565 Taft St #204, Hollywood, Florida 33024. Phone # is (954) 237-2690

• Un
    South Beach Smile - didnt whiten
    natural source store llc
    Florida

I ordered the 14 day free trial of the whitening system, it took 10 days to recieve it, and only 4 days to try it. On the 4th day I call to return for my refund, waited on hold for 45 minutes, finally left a message. They say that they will return your call in the order they were recieved. Every hour I been calling, now the message I am getting is we are having technichal dificulties email the website. WHAT THE [censored]?

• Po
      5th of Apr, 2009

### these people then!

• To
      13th of Apr, 2009

Getting a human on the phone is next to impossible!!!

• Ju
    Davie
    Florida
    Phone: 954-237-2690
    mysouthbeachsmile.com

I had ordered the "South Beach Smile" free trial kit on 03/19/2009. I have tried numerous times to call. The last few times, after 3 miutes, the call just ended, without a service person's comment or warning.
    I believe I need a return claim number before I can return the trial kit and stop any further charges.
    I need a way stop their services and automatic charges.
    Thank you if you can help in any way.

21st of Apr, 2009

This company has no scruples. I contacted the State Attorney General from NC to find there are literally thousands of complaints which have been lodged against this company's practices. I was told by "Jodie" that I had to "release" my complaint from the credit card company before they could reimburse me. What a crock! A credit can be issued any time! The government is bailing out companies right and left. They need to be CLOSING businesses like this right and left before the "feed" off another unsuspecting sucker like me.
    I'm mad as hell!!!

28th of Apr, 2009
    South Beach Smile - Fradulent Charges
    NSS SB Smiles
    California

Complete BS that they can charge your account EVERY 30 days. So, if you don't cancel in the 15 days (which I did NOT see on their website), you are signed up for the product for life.

I am going to cancel my credit card b/c of these ###, and I am disputing the charges and so on...

Can we file some kind of class action lawsuit?

• Ji
      28th of Apr, 2009

Just like many other people.I have a complain about this company.I order the free trial of "SOUTH BEACH SMILE" Teeth whitening product. I was billed for $6.95. I cancel on time so I would not be charged for any more products, It took me almost a week to get someone to answer the phone, by that time I was really angry and I specifically ask is that was all I had to do in order to stop any future charges related to this "free trial".
    Now I have been bill for $27.00 for the past two months for a "fit compass.com" and that´s not all my front tooth CHIP and the dentist said that it was due to the bleach, I had only used it twice, ( my gum swelled to much).

Por ninguna razon se les ocurra pedir el free trial de "SOUTH BEACH SMILE" es un ROBO COMPLETO! solo te cuesta el envio y te piden que canceles antes de 14 dias, pero luego de lograr que te cancelen (una semana llamando diario por varias horas, pedi la opcion de reordenar y asi fue como me contestaron finalmente), pregunte que si ya era suficiente para no recibir ningun cobro mas y me mintieron!, me han cobrado por 2 meses la cantidad de $27.00 dlls. por un servicio de "fitcompass" que nunca acepte pero me dijo el sinverguenza que contesta el telefono, que esta en letras muy pequeñas y que es una oferta que esta vinculada a la cual yo acepte.
    INCREIBLE!

14th of May, 2009
    South Beach Smile - Large unauthorized charges after free trial
    Natural Source Store
    Arizona

I asked for a sample of the South Beach Smile, that's all. Before I knew it I had started to receive more product for large sums of money charged to my credit card. The first was 79.99 the second was 46, 94. I have received no satisfaction from the company regarding a refund. The people I spoke with on the phone are very difficult to understand. This is a total scam.

16th of May, 2009

We would like you to know that we have read your complaint and appreciate your feedback. We post our terms and conditions on our website, call our customers and email the terms and conditions. I am sorry that you chose not to read them. We do recommend that with any company, whether it be ours or anyone else, if you place an order online, to read the terms and conditions and make sure that you fully understand them prior to making a purchase. However, we would be more than happy to help you with your situation and would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further about it. Our Executive Response Department at our corporate office is dedicated to addressing any customer issues. Please contact our Executive Response Department at 954-318-4707 during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 5:00 PM) so that we may be of further assistance.

Thank you for choosing Natural Source Store,
    Sincerely,
    Jodi Schulman
    Executive Response Department
    Natural Source Store, LLC

28th of May, 2009

Found out that the company bills from an address located in England, and the credit card clerk I spoke with said he would mail me a new card, cancel the current card, and will send me a form to fill out so they can dispute out-of-USA charges in my behalf.

• Ro
      30th of May, 2009

SOUTH BEACH SMILE IS DEFINATLY UNETHICAL CONSUMER BEWARE THE DA HAS BEEN NOTIFIED LET'S HOPE HE PUTS THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!!! THIS OUTFIT I BELIEVE IS IN ASIA OR IS OWNED BY SOMEONE IN ASIA DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT BOYCOT SO THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS. MAYBE SOMONE SHOULD CHECK WHAT THE ORIDUCT IS MADE OUT OF.

• Sj
      28th of Sep, 2009

Well I just thought this might come in handly for someone who wants their money back. They charged my account $39.95 when I decided to cancel my membership, that I didnt want in the first place. Anyhow, I have cancelled my debit card and they are no longer able to charge me. I did get both systems, The dazzle white and the South Beach brite kits. South Beach is the one who had the chance to charge me.
    I did recieve a very snippy E-mail from this women. She told me if I had any questions regarding my fees to call her. So feel free. After all, we are paying her. Right?

Erika Mello, CSS

Natural Source Store, LLC
    4051 SW 47th Avenue
    Suite 101 & 102
    Davie, Florida 33314
    Phone: (954) 237-2691 Ext. 318
    Fax: (954) 894-3213

15th of Dec, 2009

They are bunch of scammers. Be aware of them. It's Alan Cohen and David Hausdorf who's behind this scam. They are known around town for their practices. Yes do give them a call and ask for your money back if you are not satisfied.