South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] / tv license

1 Kempton Park, South Africa

Good day

I am very unhappy about the Dept of the TV license I send them an cancellation letter, then they need a affidavit to be fill in, done that and sent it on the 14/2/2018. This was done after they phone me and tell me I am behind with my TC license I did not payed anymore because I did not have a TV anymore and the I saw this as well... (In a nutshell, the SABC is not a credit provider and your TV license is a tax and nota fee, meaning they cannot legally blacklist you. "You cannot get blacklisted for not paying a TV licence. Your credit record cannot be negatively affected prior to judgement in a court of law. Jan 5, 2017) Did Blacklist me also.
I did not have a TV anymore since 2001 and did still payed for it for many years. I Move up To JHB to live with my son. I did not need a License.

Now they keep bothering me to paid my license and they say to me they cannot cancel my account I 1st need to pay my account and they are still deducting the fees. This is not fair. They are ripping me off I am a pensioner. Got the audacity to tell me when I told them I will not paid the full amount since I gave notice on my account, but is I willing to give you R50 a month just to get rid off you. They refuse to take any offer I need to pay R250 a month to clear my account They did not bother to contact me even in the 1st 3 month when I started to get into debt by them. Now I am in a lot of debt and still charge me for the TV license. They want to force me to paid and started to threaten me that they will handed me over to the Debt counsel, which they did. Now these people keep phoning me. What must I do??? How can they still charge me id I do not have a TV???

Sw