South African Airways / FlySAA.com / saa poor service to jfk, nyc and back to jhb, or thambo complaint

Johannesburg, South Africa Review updated:

Good Day
I would like to lodge a complaint about the terrible experience we had on SAA during our recent trip to the US.
Our Voyager Numbers are: [protected] and 342315
On the way to NYC 03/052018, we pre-ordered seats at a cost. The first headset was broken, which they replaced, but the crew was still unable to reset the inflight entertainment. They moved us to another seat right behind the toilet which we definitely would not have chosen, especially as one toilet was not operational. However, the reception was also faulty and they had no further seating options and said there was nothing they could do.
The catering was inadequate and of a very poor standard, definitely the worst I have had on any international flight.
On the return flight 11/05/2018 the inflight entertainment system did not work at all for any passenger.
This had clearly not been checked and it is unreasonable to not provide this basic service especially as it is such a long flight.
The food was equally awful (for instance, I chose the vegetarian option and I was given white pasta as the main course with very little sauce and the salad was pasta salad with no salad ingredients!) This was served at midday US time and was not followed by any snack.
I am a passionate South African and I make every effort to support local suppliers, but with the bad news about SAA, I was worried that if the entertainment system was not working on either flight, the toilet was not working and these problems had not been attended to prior to departure, is the plane itself and the engine etc also not properly maintained?
It is reasonable to assume that our safety could also be at risk.
I will not fly SAA again until I get a response to this message.
Regards, Liza Baggott
liza.[protected]@gmail.com
[protected]

Li
May 15, 2018

Comments

•   May 17, 2018

There are NO signs of any paid service :
    e-ticket / booking number attached
    boarding pass attached
    photos of the falt chairs
    Nevertheless, you are entitled to submit the claim against the falt services of the iar carrier,
    after the collection of the evidences and hiring the professional,
    to the local court, eithir in US or in SA, if you need the compensation.

Regards,