Sourcinggate.com / Cheated by Sourcinggate.com

1 United States

I purchased a camera and 2 cell phones from Sourcinggate.com in May 2010 and spent over $400 USD on the purchase. I received the items quickly. But to my dismay the items were very cheap knockoffs of similar brand name products. In fact the cell phone even had a "manual" that listed Apple as the manufacturer and to contact Apple for support. When I asked them abit this, they told me that since Apple makes the iPod which is similar to the Sourcinggate phone they just use the Apple manual instead of designing their own to keep their costs low.

Anyways, one cell phone died within 2 days and the other did not work as advertised at all and had all its features in Chinese which were of no use to me. The camera had a crack in it. After many many attempts to reason with sourcinggate.com they said that they will accept the return of the cell phone that died at a discounted rate (about 40% of the price that I originally paid them for). I shipped it back to them and spent another $25 on shipping. Now, after innumerable communications with them and being bounced around to multiple support agents I still have not seen my refund. Initially they lied to me and told me that they had refunded the money and that I should take it up with PayPal if I did not see the refund and after I dealt with PayPal, they sent me back to Sourcinggate. Currently, 3rd week of September, 2010, I still have not received my refund and the support agents tell me that the case is with their manager, and when I check back with them every week, they tell me that their manager is very busy and that she does not have the time to look at my case at this time and that they will pursue with the manager.

They are still in business and cheating people. Please be aware of this fraudulent company and do not get swindled by them like how I have been.