Souq.com / unprofessional courier service q-express ruins souq.com for me

1 Dubai Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I think I have just made my last order with Souq.com. Here's why:

I'm just shocked by the appalling customer service I encountered for my souq.com order. A company called Q-express delivers the packages, and is who you ultimately deal with in delivery (probably the most important part of an online shopping service).
The woman who called me to confirm my address was busy chatting with a friend, hence not listening very well to the answers to her questions. The friend continued to try to speak with her. I said her behavior is rather unprofessional, and asked for her name. She then refused to give me her name saying there isn't a problem, tried to hang up without even telling me when to expect my delivery, then told me she will ONLY stay on the line to finish her job if I speak to her as she would like. She finally told me I can file a complaint with customer service, and as I asked her for the phone number to do so, she hung up. She was unapologetic, unprofessional, and only conditionally fulfilled her job. Just wow. Alisa's job is literally to represent the company to customers, as CUSTOMER service, and I'm not impressed. It reflects badly on her company and also the company's partner, souq.com. I've made a complaint, but who knows if it will actually be dealt with. Frankly, the representative was soo unprofessional, I don't even know if my package is going to arrive. After seeing how she dealt with our conversation, I have little faith in the service. If their staff is this untrained or unsupervised, who knows, she may send my package elsewhere!

Even with all the upgrades souq.com is making themselves, an unprofessional partner makes these efforts rather pointless. An online shopping service is arguably only as good as it's courier service. I'm not sure I'll buy anymore from Souq.com, as a result.

Lo
Mar 18, 2017

Comments

• Tr
      29th of Nov, 2017

They are the WORST DELIVERY company I ever dealt with in my life. What a shame fro SOUQ.COM to deal with so unprofessional people. I hope that AMAZON will quickly save their reputation by total avoiding such bad delivery company.

• Lo
      29th of Nov, 2017

@tradivan i am having a similar problem, the issue is more from Q-express.. I did an order on Souq on November 22nd. Expected delivery date was on Nov 25th.. They called me on Friday 23rd for delivery at office, which is not normal since it's weekend. I asked them to either deliver it on Sunday or deliver it to my house..I called Q-express on Monday to ask about the shipment as it was delayed (was expected yesterday).. Bug surprise as they told me that I called them and cancelled the order.. after insisting and asking them to send me the records of my calls, they finally admitted that someone from their teams did a mistake and cancelled the order. and they apologised and offered me a refund of the money i paid..which is not logic as the shipment was intended to be a gift that i purchased during Black Friday and the item is out of stock now. I insisted to get my item as i paid for it already on Nov 22nd.

They raised a case internally to check what happened with my order and where is the shipment now.. I called yesterday and no updates. the delay is 4 days now.

I also opened a case at Souq, but no news yet.

Qexpress did a big mistake and will never trust them anymore..

10th of Jun, 2018

Q EXPRESS - VERY POOR SERVICE

I requested to pick up one itemI bought in souq.com that has to be returned because of the size.
    Q express agents are always telling that it will be picked up "today". It's been three weeks and the item is still with me. They are very unprofessional.

• Cu
      1st of Nov, 2018

Q Express - POOREST of the POOR service.

Very unrealiable and dishonest driver for telling that recepient is not available after wating for their delivery until 10PM. They keep saying volume of deliveries...why schedule and tell customer to wait if they dont have the intention to deliver? This type of people and service wont last. One day, they will never have a customer no matter how they try. MARK IT! LAZY and unrealiable people dont deserve to have a job!

• Po
      19th of Nov, 2018

I requested to pick up one item I bought in souq.com that has to be returned because of the Damaged Item I received. Q express agents are always telling that it will be picked up today. Since last 4 days i m calling Continuously and receiving same answer that is we made note and the driver will collect the Item Today. Why Souq.com running unprofessional courier service. I think Operation team is very Worst Team in Q-Express.