Souq.comcheat

Dear riza,

Thanks for your response. After almost 20 days I got the tablet. Most important thing that I feel that its like mental threat to order somthing through online website. First customer has to beg for the delivery and now what I get its like waste of money.
I got defective item. This is what I got through online shopping.
This time I will not call to your customer many times to beg because I already faced so much difficulty in so many days. Only requesting you once to collect your item & refund my money at same time pleaseeeeeee...

So I hope that you will understand my concern & will take the neccessary step.

A. Siddiqui

Comments

• As
      Jul 15, 2012
    Best Best Advice

Really their service is very bad. i ordered one tablet on 4th July & made the online payment... still awaiting for delivery. After making so many calls they picked the phone & given the excuse that they have some problem with supplier & somthing happening with supervisor in warehouse... Really unprofessional response from them... i am just trying to confirm what is process to make the complaint in Economic Department.

• Ab
      Dec 21, 2016

@A.Siddiqui Souq.com - backend support is very bad... Even worst... Thier supervisors and managers are more irresponsible... Souq.com - uae supervisor - mohtaz ([protected]) has committed that he will solve my delayed complain of 25 days on 19th dec 2016... On 19th he has not responded... No calls and even more stop receiving my calls... Then on 20th.. Again no response...
    I really forgot about my item for which i have already paid money...
    But the supervisor response!!!Damn ####...

On 21st dec 2016... Again not receiving my calls.. I tried with another number... He picked. !!!
    I was shocked that how souq is in online business with so poor and irresponsible supervisors...

He has not responded and finally i land up in my calls cost and unnecessary unwanted harassment by ordering item on souq.com..
    Souq.com - uae is simply simply waste...

[protected]

• So
      Jul 18, 2012

Hi A.Siddiqui

We apologize for the delay of your order due to unforeseen circumstances which affected the fulfillment of your transaction. Rest assure that we are fixing our operations which will improve our processes and your experience while shopping with us.

To help you resolve your issue, may we request you send us your username or the order ID at [protected]@souq.com.

My name is Riza and inorder for me to attend to your issue immediately, I humbly request you to put my name in the subject of the email accordingly.

Awaiting for your email.

Kind regards
    Riza
    Souq.com FZ LLC

• So
      Jul 18, 2012

Hello Reviewman

Words cannot express how truly sorry we are for the frustration and inconvenience that we caused.

We want to help you resolve your concern so kindly send us the order ID at [protected]@souq.com. We assure you that we will take a look at your case accordingly and we will work on improving our procedures.

I am Riza and inorder for me to attend to your issue immediately, I humbly request you to put my name in the subject of the email accordingly.

Awaiting for your email.

Kind regards
    Riza
    Souq.com FZ LLC

Aug 04, 2012

to souq.com
    i would like to cancel my order. my order number is 1690742. My user name is [protected]@gmail.com. i tried calling your customer service number but its just an automated line with no live person the phone keeps on hanging up. your website and ordering processes are very difficult and pathetic. customer should be able to cancel and order if he wants to. your website doesnt have any option and your customer service line is useless as i said. get back to me with an answer ASAP!

• Jh
      Aug 06, 2012

i placed an order for Samsung Galaxy S3, they deducted the payment already from my account but its been more than 2 weeks the mobile still not delivered, . the order number is 1662486 and the Shipment Tracking code [protected]. when are u planning to deliver it SOUQ??? Its hard to connect in your customer contact number.

Aug 06, 2012

They returned back the Defective Item & assured me to refund the money
    BUT STILL AWAITING MY REFUND...
    UNNESSARLY BLOCKED MY CREDIT CARD MONEY FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH.

• Sh
      Aug 08, 2012

Order ID# 1667652 souq.com
    Shipment# [protected]

Unfortunately thIs is the worest online shopping experIence & web site I have ever seen ... I made an order for a mobile as a gift for my father from three weeks ago and still no respond .

Travelling Thursday and I think I'll not be able to represent the gift to my father ...

Costmer service has the same answer every time and the couriers are a hidden unknown courrier Named Qexpress ... I suggested the Costmer service representative to give me a correct number for them to go by my self and pick my stuff urgently he said we don't know the number of the Qexpress couriers .

Deffenetly I'm going to report it to the economic department of Dubai .

Aug 08, 2012

Order # 1685034 And Shipment # 1611127
    I order S3 Galaxy Mobile on 31 July, 2012. I receive an email from Souq, Saying that I will be delivered in a week. While the seller of this item is claiming to ship it 3 business day. While I have paid through Credit card
    Email is further saying that It will be Delivered by QExpress with a contact number.
    Nobody is picking the call from QExpress as I have tried a dozen time, further Souq customer service is also not attending my Phone.
    Can anybody tell me how to take refund from Souq.com. It is totally disappointing for me and I couldn't get any thing yet because almost 10 days has been elapsed .
    Can anyone suggest me the way to get to souq.com

• Ji
      Aug 12, 2012

I ordered Samsung galaxy S3 through SOUQ.com on 1st of August. The order got confirmed on 2nd of August and MY credit card got debited with 168 Kuwaiti Dinars. Todays is 12 th of August and till now I havenot received my ordered Galaxy S3. On the fourth day after payment I called them, they told it will be delivered with in one day. On the next day also they repeated same. Today when I checked with the customer care, First time one guy by name Ahmad told that it will be delivered today. I called again after 30 minutes. One lady picked up the phone and replied that there is some issue with the supplier, it may take another one week .Then I asked her why SOUQ.com is putting another deals on their website saying another 15 pieces available for 165 Dinar. She told it is the sales team who is doing this. On their webiste, for my order id it is showing the status OUT FOR DELIVERY. When I checked with customer care she told it is a system bug and she told it is the problem with OPERATION TEAM that causes the delay. She told she is not allowed to give the OPERATION TEAM contact number

• Ji
      Aug 12, 2012

I received it by 12 th of August Evening

• Sh
      Aug 15, 2012

Order ID: 1708495
    Shipment no:1638508
    I order Nikon D3100 slr and Nikkon 55-200 lens on 10Aug12.Before placing order I confirm with whether it can be delivered before Eid, coz its a gift for someone who will travel on same day.From last four days I tried to track my shipment.Its showing item not ready with seller(dod_uae).Now I'm sure that it cant be delivered before Eid.So please cancel my order.
    i tried to contact your customer service but its just an automated line with no live person the phone keeps on hanging up.
    Please do needful for me today itself...

• Ef
      Aug 16, 2012

OMG!!! we HAVE the same problem. CAN ANYBODY FROM UAE AUTHORITY TO DO SOME ACTION ON SOUQ.COM?...STOP THEM PLEASE...COZ I KNOW THE FEELINGS AND IM A VICTIM OF SOUQ.COM ALSO WITH THE SAME SITUATION.

• Sy
      Aug 17, 2012

My name is Syed Haneef and unfortunately I have an account with souq.com with the user name ([protected]@yahoo.com)i made a purchase of Samsung Galaxy SIII pebble blue on 11-08-2012 and I received an email stating that I will be receiving the product with 3 business days. Today is 17th stilI haven’t received the product.

I have been following up with your customer service every day and they inform that it was out of stock, I clearly told them that I am travelling on 18th evening and I needed that atleast by 18th morning.

I had a conversation with Mr LEO over the phone on 16th afternoon at 1:45 pm and he informed that the product was available and the dispatch person who is incharge is not available at that moment and Mr LEO promised me that He would definitely call me by evening and update the status of the delivery but he did not call and I was waiting for the call and I was very upset with that False commitment.

I infact I told Mr. LEO to cancel the product and give me a refund so that I can purchase from another store who is delivering me the product within 3 hours, but he kept on insisting that he would arrange don’t worry this is the word he kept on saying over the phone..Believe me this Staff member is a Big Liar.

Team Make sure I receive my product on 18th of august by morning or afternoon.other wise I wouldn’t be available in UAE for 40 days, and you need to courier the product to my home country in INDIA as a compensation for the delay. Otherwise I would send this Email to the Gulf News & to the consumer Forum. and update on my FB and Twitter also I would definitely inform all the staff in ENBD not to purchase any product from Souq.com as they are cheaters and don’t care about the customers Feelings and giving false commitments.

Aug 22, 2012

Dear Riza/Francia
    Greetings Of The Day & Happy Eid !!!
    Hope everything is welll at your side. As i had mentioned in my last mail
    that i got the chinese Laptop charger instead of Acer Charger which was
    showing in your product details... after almost a month that chinese
    charger has shown its true colour. Its smelling & m worried that it can
    harm my laptop. Now my work has stuck due to this.So kindly you arrange the
    replacement of the charger ASAP.
    Looking for your quick response.
    Siddiqui

Aug 27, 2012

SOUQ.COM WHY NO RESPONSE !!!
    WHY CUSTOMER CARE NOT RESPONDING ?????

Sep 01, 2012

Souq.com has teamed up with Sellers and of course Aramex to make their Bread and Butter. Inspite of Cheating customers and continues complains from Buyers/Customers same "Sellers" are still on souq.com panel to "Cheat" more and more customers/buyers. Consumer Protection in Dubai [protected] is as good as Dubai Police. All buyers who are cheated by souq.com please complain to this. Also spread "Word by Mouth" to all your friends and other Future buyers on souq.com of their "Team Cheating Business" to stop at once. Totally unresponsive support team of souq.com. They are paid to attend your calls if you want to order and pay, but not for exchange of defective Goods or for any cancellation etc. Very unreliable online seller "Souq.com" Should be blocked in the UAE with immediate effect. Why Gulf News or Khaleej Times are not exposing them, getting feedback from all the buyers especially those who were totally unhappy with souq.com

Sep 19, 2012

hello good day to all.
    before anything else, i found all your complaints are diffrerent from mine, your complaints was not delivered, deffective item and etc. i have also a complainfrom souq.com, i have order a 18k gold chain necklace and to tell you its so fast withing 4 days i received it but sad to say its not 18k gold chain in copper its its a fancy gold plated that you can buy anywhere, its like a chain for a dog you know what im saying? its not true the 18k gold plated. and the same problem i call the couq.com customer service but nobody attend or answer the fon which is very disgusting. at the time you make a purchase they can make a reply to your purchase so fast but for all the complaints where are they? theyre hiding. my complain is not so big because its only a small amount of money but that money that i purchase to them i earned it with my sweat and blood. that why i purchase that item because its cheaper and its 18k gold. but sad to say this is what happen now theyre gone when you want your money back. i purchase 4 items and that 4 items is really bad which i dont want to see. i send message to their customer service try to call them but same experience you had. i dont know how can i get back my my money, as ive noticed all the complaints theres no one says he/she a refund.

• Ss
      Oct 01, 2012

Hi all,
    Just to tell you all to check the seller's reputation before buying. The souq.com's marketing stunt in the form of WOW deal is a complete hoax. I have personally sat and click on the buy link of the ipad offer, the note offer for like an hour w/o any successful purchase. They do it for generating traffic only!!. Some deals are genuine, for som things they just use your money for sumtime until they process refund.

Victim

• Ad
      Oct 13, 2012

Hello,
    I bought htc sensational XL from souq.com around a month back, the delivery was too late secondly I got the handset from south Korea which i come to know when i tried to update mine phone to android 4, but i cant as mine phone belong to south Korea where these updates are unavailable. Now after a month mine phone was suddenly got black screen i can hear the sound and ringtones but the screen is black, tried to restart and done all the trouble shooting but with not response.
    kindly help me to resolve this issue.

regards
    Adil

Dec 17, 2012

Please not that I have order one S3 Samsung mobile before 1 week and waiting for the same.I paid through Credit card and still yesterday no response from anybody.At last after lot of calls(Land number is every time seems to be out of order) Souq relied they dont have that product and now I am ying for the refund.So please note that you should not purchase through Credit card.

Saji Scaria

• Ba
      Dec 20, 2012

I have made a bad decision to buy the xtouch tablet from souq.com on 04th July 2012. They are not delivered my order for more than Three week and no proper response from souq. So I am fed up about Souq order so I have request to cancel and refund my credit and I have got my money back after one month. But now they have charged me again with my credit card details saved in there system. Please don't buy anything from souq using your credit card because they are store this details in there system and they are using it whenever they want.

Balaji Subbiah

• De
      Dec 22, 2012

I have made a very bad decision in paying my order thru credit card. for a week now no delivery have been made and when I try to call customer service only answering machine and after a long tone will come. Customer service of Souq.com is the lowest of them all.

Dec 23, 2012

souq.com was much better in 2011, ones they got the best online shopping website in the middle east and their "every thing" is going down, the DOD seller's rate in 2011 was 94% positive, now its 81%!!

i faced different issues with different products, i ordered 2 watched long time ago, received them after 23 days, ordered 2 pieces of jewellery and after 2 weeks i got an email that its out of stock (when i ordered sales was 23% sold), 11 days ago i ordered Magic Hanger - Save On Space X 8Pcs/Pack, Delivery estimate:18 December 2012 - 23 December 2012, but no call yet, on the 17th of Dec i ordered 2 more items and the Delivery estimate:22 December 2012 - 26 December 2012, the good thing that i pay on delivery, so IF BY ANY CHANCE THEY DELIVERED BOTH ITEMS IN SAME DAY I'LL PAY 1 SHIPPING ONLY AND WILL DEDUCTS AED16 FROM THE TOTAL PRICE!!!

and i also totally agree with you guys that the customer service never respond, the number they have at their emails is on answering machine, the other number is not working!!, when i started facing problems with them i sent complaining emails but no replays at all.. complains were send in June 2012, we are at the end of Dec now and no replay yet!!!

i'm calling Consumer Protection Department now and complain against souq.com

Dec 23, 2012

i called customer protection department, they said that they have TONS of complains against souq.com, so i guess sooner or later this site either will be blocked or the company closed

• Su
      Dec 24, 2012

Yeh, I never thought souq.com is unresponsive, unprofessional, cheat, must not placed add if cannot fulfill. I made a order on 13 dec 2012 & still waiting no reply, no call, not response contact no. My order no. 2061371.

• Su
      Dec 24, 2012

I ordered a sony xperia on the 15th December to gift someone for christmas and today is 24th December and did not receive the item. The money was paid by credit card and the amount has been withdrawn very quick. I tried to contact souq.com the only land line they have but the phone is not working. Wrote so many emails but no reply till date. I smell someting fishy and have reported the matter to the consumerrights in uae. They are pursuing the matter.
    souq.com is too unprofessional and I believe they use the fund for their business turnover and after chasing try to refund the money.
    People please be careful with this vendor.

• Ha
      Dec 26, 2012

plz tell me any contact number then ill contact them i tried to call one number which i m taken from souq.com but no buddy is take the line after 3 min line is cut

Dec 27, 2012

I have placed an online order with Souq.com UAE on 11th December 2012 and paid the amount through my credit card . Delivery was promised within three business days. Till now I have not received the delivery of my order. I have reported them the delay in delivery and till date I don't have a proper response from them for the delay in delivery. They mentioned in their reply the item wass not ready with the seller. If the item was not ready with the seller, why they accept the order and promise the delivery within three business days?I am fed up with Souq.com for the order placed by me. Therefore please don't place your order with Souq.com and pay the same with your Credit card.

Ramadas.C.K

• Ki
      Jan 02, 2013

OMG! I've got same problem guys! This site is really ###! I place an order last dec. 17, 2012 for 3 items worth almost 400saudi riyals, souq.com send an email to me that the estimated delivery date will be on dec.22 to 26, 2012, tru ARAMEX, unfortunately until now i didnt receive any items, i twice called aramex but according to them they didnt received yet my order and they advice me to contact souq.com to ask again my order and i tried calling Souq.com number 4664906 but it was answering machine advicing me to call their new number [protected], the bad thing is when i tried to call the new number surprisingly it was a residential phone number...i send already 4 emails tru their site but until now i didnt receive any reply...Shame on u guys from souq.com...every single penny that we spent is from our sweat and blood...

My order number is 2072980
    Shipment number 2097252
    Aramex shipment number [protected]

• Ri
      Jan 05, 2013

very bad service from souq.com. we have to call one million times to deliver our shipment. veyr bad service cheating.. .their customer management is not also proper.

• Kr
      Jan 08, 2013

I agree with you all, this is the worst shopping experience I have been through. Advertisments & sellers in Souq are decieving, I ordered 6 items, all of them were of extremply low quality fakes and different from pictures in the website. Exteremly delayed delivery time, most of the companies Souq is dealing with is virtual company with no actual physical address or working phone numbers. For your own sake, never buy from this website no matter how tempting is the offer..

• Al
      Jan 22, 2013

SOUQ.com is providing the worst online shopping experience EVER! This my second time with Souq and I am suffering! No delivery, nobody answers the phone and no customer support!!! How bad! How disappointing!!!

Hello Balaji,

Thank you for your comment on this page and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience on your side. Please note that as checked on this transaction with Order#1631266 for "Xtouch X906 9.7"" 16 GB Wifi ( Silver ) ", order has been canceled as per your request due to delay and payment has been refunded to your credit card. We are sorry that you are force to cancel the order since there's some delay on the shipment of item but rest assured you that we are doing our best to meet our commitment with our customer in every transaction on our website. For future concern, you can send us an email through [protected]@souq.com or you may contact us at (+[protected], daily from 8am t0 12 midnight.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello saif ahmed,

Thank you for the comment and we apologized if you experienced some issues or difficulties on your purchase. Please note that Daily Deal page page works as a group buying site; which is simple: We are able to offer these amazing deals, because lots of our customers are buying these products together, so we are able to realize a big savings to the end customer.

Sometime and due to high number of orders on a specific deal, we have to wait till a bit to fulfill all the orders and realize the discount, and hence few orders get delayed. We are working hard to have all orders delivered between 5-9 days, and we already have expanded our distribution facilities to hold as many products as we can before the deal is listed. Also, please be informed that if item has been purchased from different time or date, system will generate different shipment number, thus it's a different shipment fee.

For your email complain, you can send us an email through [protected]@souq.com or call at (+[protected] daily from 8am to 12 midnight.

Hi Sunil shaw,

Thank you for the comment and we apologize for any delay. As check, your Order# 2061371 has been canceled as per your request as order has been placed last 13 of December and canceled on the 24th December due to delay. Since your order has been cancelled, we have successfully refunded your payment back to your credit card.

Hello Sudhir Kunder,

Can you please provide us the Order# for the purchase so we can assist you further. We also suggest you to send us an email at [protected]@souq.com for any order issue.

Thanks,

Hello Sudhir Kunder,

We apologized on any inconvenience on your side. However, can please provide us your order# so we can assist you further. Also, for any order issue with us, kindly send us an email at [protected]@souq.com so we can assist you.

Thanks,

• Mo
      Jan 23, 2013

i buy a mobily [protected]@work router on 14-01-2013 offered with 7.2 mbps speed and 17 months subscription, but available speed is max 1mbps, and also i got a message today that u need to recharge within 3 days to keep the service. i feel it now as am looser .i did not search for the souq.com cheater as i do now before i make an order

Jan 23, 2013

Its very risky to buy used mobile from Souq.com as they sell mobiles from US and other service provider, they might also be stolen.
    I bought a Blackberry mobile 9650 and it was blocked from Verizon wireless US service provider, now the mobile is useless for me, i never got my money or replaced, kindly contact me if u need any proof [protected]@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2013

Hello Sudhir Kunder,

We apologize for any inconvenience on your side for the order. Please provide us the order# so we can check this further for you. Also, kindly note that if buyer used credit card for the purchase and order need to be canceled, payment will be refunded to credit card used. If you still have an issue with the transaction, please send us an email at [protected]@souq.com so we can assist you.

Thanks and Regards,