S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc. / no pay

1 PO BOX 601 Brooklyn,NY 11237New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718-497-0106, 718-228-5827

Job completed 12/07/09 Still have not recieved payment, NOT THE FIRST TIME, BUT IT WILL BE THE LAST. Lein Filed on the Property

Comments

• Co
      2nd of Mar, 2010
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

We responded to an emergency request from Erica Guzman at S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc. that Staples in Rolla, Missouri had a technical problem and needed an immediate service. Our Tech reported to the site immediately, we performed our duties proficiently only to discover S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc. made over $100.00 per hour on our labor and supplies while the only payment we have received from them is the run around. We are calling them (on our nickel) continuously requesting payment we have let Erica know we have reported them to Staples and we are placing a lien on the Staples property. When we call Erica Guzman at S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc it sounds as if we have woke her up and we hear children in the background. When I first started my phone calling, I would ask for the AP manager. She was never available, always away from her desk but I could leave a message. I then started requesting to speak to the President. Guess what, he is out…………. Erica Guzman at S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc is now telling me that she is emailing the AP to ‘update’ on our payment status….. I have pasted this is email (btw, she could not even get our name right, ECS Electrical Contracting and Signs:
    Tom,
    Ecs Electrical Contracting is requesting update on payment status please advise and copy her.
    Erica Guzman National Service Manager SOS Maintenance 718-323-1861 Main 718-228-5827 Fax

We do not want an update, we want payment!!! NEVER do business with Erica Guzman at S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc.
    Cora Dotson, ECS Electrical Contracting and Signs, Salem, MO 573-729-2860

• Co
      2nd of Mar, 2010

After posting my above complaint, Tom from S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc. called me (Cora) and arranged to 'cut us a check' 'in the morning'. Today is Tuesday March 2, 2010. After we agreed on this commitment from Tom, I went on with business as usual. A few hours after placing this post, Erica phoned me and explained that she does not sleep on the job and there are no children in the office, so I am unsure of the background noise in that particular phone call. I told Erica I would clarify this by updating my complaint post. A few moments later, Tom phoned me and was very aggravated with me for my complaint post. I explained that I had made this post prior to his call telling me he would 'cut the check tomorrow' and that I would clarify this as well. Therefore, as of the time of this post, I apologize to both Erica Guzman and Tom of S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc. for posting the statement of Erica sounding asleep and the sound of children. The rest of the complaint is legitimate; it is taking a ridiculously long time to get our payment, which they say is because they do not have our insurance policy or our 1099 information on file. This is after we faxed the information two times; however, something must have gone wrong, as the documents were still not in their file system. I will be snail mailing the documents as soon as I receive payment for the outstanding balance. Thank you Tom and Erica, I am sorry for upsetting the apple cart.
    Cora Dotson, ECS Electrical Contracting and Signs, Salem, MO 573-729-2860

• Us
      11th of Sep, 2012

We also recently performed work for SOS Maintenance and have not received payment. We cannot get through to them on any of the contact numbers we have. Do you have an office address for them?

• Us
      27th of Nov, 2012

After posting the message above, the owner of the company reached out to us and personally assured that we would be paid for all work done. Since that point, we have been paid in full, and the owner personally called us several times to let us know when payments were scheduled.

• Mj
      21st of Apr, 2014

Original and Updated Complaint to S.O.S. Maintenance

From: MJM Handyman - Mark Markut 702-355-7398
    To: Thomas Sanders - Director of Operations 347-495-4755

Original Complaint dated April 15, 2014

Were here at MJM Handyman also performed work for S.O.S. Maintenance Inc. at DC Shoes located in the Laughlin Mall NV. They were unable to use the ladder in the store. Repairs were completed on 2/20/14. The manager of the store signed off on the job as completed. We have contacted S.O.S. Maintenance numerous times for payment, to also, get the run around.

From: Mark Markut-MJM Handyman

Updated Complaint 4/20/2014

On Monday, April 14th. Mark Markut at MJM Handyman called Irita in accounting to let her know we have still not received payment of $600.00. The job sites are located in the Laughlin Mall, NV at DC Shoes and Quicksilver Outlets. Mark let her know we would be posting on Complaint Board. She replied "do whatever you have to do." We submitted a complaint on Tuesday, April 15th. That same day Pete (Iritas' boss) called and left a message about our payment issues. We called Pete back on Wednesday, April 16th.
    During our phone call he assured us he would cut a check and overnight it that day. We should have received the check no later than Friday, April 18th. As of Saturday the 20th still no check. Just empty promises.

Mark Markut - MJM Handyman

• To
      17th of Jul, 2014

Have called and left numerouse messages with S.O.S. We installed glass in a Factory 2 U located in Salinas California. Invoiced S.O.S and faxed them the completed work orders.

With no contact back from them I will be forwarding the history of this transaction as well as the information from this site to California Attorney Generals office. We will also be placing a mechanical lien against the Factory 2 U location

Robert Haas
    Owner
    Tommy's Glass Service Inc. Salinas Ca.

• To
      17th of Jul, 2014

Peter from SOS contacted me after seeing this complaint. (within 20 minutes of me posting it. He apologized for the problems I had experienced. Explained he had taken over operation of the company recently and was doing everything he could to improve vendor relations and streamline payment procedures. He requested that I delete my complaint and I stated I would gladly do what was needed to clarify any misrepresented facts of this case and to describe in detail the outcome. I think he was truly attempting to satisfy me and my company and I thanked him for it.

A few minutes later I received a phone call from the accounts payable department and they supplied me with a credit card number and paid their bill in full.

It shows integrity to follow through as promised and if I could state I am very happy with the outcome I would be mistating the truth. I am happy to be paid but would have happier if payment was sent with out all of the drama.

I hope the best for SOS and think they are turning around as a company.

I will continue to do business with them.

• 90
      8th of Sep, 2014

We have not experienced the problems with SOS that other contractors have listed above. We have performed a few jobs for SOS in North Carolina and been paid in full on all jobs thus far. Some were paid early. We have been working with them since 04-01-2014.

Jason Gibson
    906 Improvements LLC

• Th
      15th of Sep, 2014

We have also experienced problems with SOS regarding their payment practices. We perform a job per their request and it takes at least 6 months to receive payment. I've called and called and Irita keeps telling me she will try to get Pete to address the past due's and to date I've had no results. MY ADVISE TO ANY VENDERS IS REQUIRE PAYMENT UP FRONT PRIOR TO DOIN G ANY JOB'S FOR S.O.S..

Sharon Gillam, Owner
    The Plumbing Company

• Th
      16th of Sep, 2014

I spoke to Pete at SOS yesterday and he promptly cleared up the open invoices with a credit card. Pete said they were re-organizing and have got a little behind with some of the vendors invoice's but they are attempting to get all the past due's taken care of as quickly as possible. I really appreciate Pete's fast attention to this matter for my company. I probably should have talked to Pete before writing such a scathing report and maybe then this would have been cleared up sooner.

Sharon Gillam, Owner
    The Plumbing Company

• Hi
      3rd of Dec, 2014

We have two outstanding invoices with SOS for work at a Grimaldis pizza in Sugarland Texas dating back to 7/7/14 and 9/22/14 for a total of 2535.26. After communicating with Lissette and given a name of Pete to resolve this matter we have not received payment. High Security Lock & Safe has gone the extra mile to complete these jobs because we sent a tech to a call back job that we didn't even do in the first place. We also went out to survey the jobs and did not charge for multiple trips out now all we get in return is grief. Our locksmith community in a large city as Houston Texas is very small and I would hope SOS as a company would not want to ruin there reputation for future jobs with us. Marco Garza owner of High Security Lock & Safe. 281-685-6065

• Ru
      28th of Jan, 2015

My company, Russell's Heating & Cooling, responded to a no air conditioning call at Conway in Norfolk, VA by request of S.O.S. Maintenance Services, Inc. on September 6, 2013. We also completed a call on September 12th, 2013 to further resolve the issue at the direction and approval of Luis Arroyo. We had followed all appropriate steps with having work orders signed by the manager. We emailed our insurance documents and W9 as requested by their National Service Manager-HVAC Division Luis Arroyo. After MANY phone calls with an Iriata in the accounts payable department and occasionally speaking with a Peter, from SOS Maintenance, we still have no payment. On August 12th, 2014 we were told by Peter that a check was being cut and would be mailed that Friday. We called Peter on August 18th, 2014 to confirm payment was sent and received no response to multiple voicemails and proceeded to call weekly and still received no response. On November 18th, 2014 we were given the name Lisetta in the accounts payable department at SOS and proceeded to leave her multiple voicemails, and still received no response. We still wish to be paid for the services completed. The complete lack of response from this company is unprofessional and unacceptable. We have spent many hours in addition to the work we performed and still, approximately a year and a half later have yet to be paid from this company. I strongly suggest that no one do work for S.O.S. Maintenance Services without payment in advance. --Russell's Heating & Cooling, Inc. 757-424-1000

• Wo
      5th of Feb, 2015

Wood's Rooter Service in RI provided two service trips to Khols on Bald Hill Rd in Warwick for SOS Maintenance. We've been getting the run around also, faxes to both these numbers don't ever work 718-228-5827 & 718-228-9654. I have over 25 fax attempts not answered on their end. I also have multiple email addresses that always come back undeliverable. Every time I call I'm told to email accounts payable, which that never works either. Jessica, Ms Delvalle in AP, Maria, Ms. Santiago, the info@sosmaintenance.net as listed their website and more are NOT reachable email addresses. I also emailed the owner Tom directly with no response so at this point I've contacted Kohls Corporate office to file a complaint against SOS Maintenance. Work done on 10/16/14 and 1/24/15 Still not paid Do not do work for this company it's a scam! I've attached proof for you to see. Please beware. Oh btw, I also reported this to the BBB. At this point, we don't ever expect to get paid and will not hold our breath.

• Ru
      6th of Feb, 2015

After posting my complaint above (see Russell's Heating & Cooling), we received payment from S.O.S. to our outside collection agency.

• Wo
      6th of Feb, 2015

We just received payment from SOS Maintenance after writing our review. The owner had received the complaint and then we received a call from Lissette in Accounts Payable to process a credit card in full. THANK YOU. Lissette was very helpful and apologized for the inconvienece, which we appreciated. Wood's Rooter Service

• +1 Votes

I was contacted on January 19th, 2015 by a Mr. Luis Arroyo at 2337 hours, in regards to security services being requested for the property of Blue Mercury #23, located at 30 South Park Street in Montclair, New Jersey. Mr. Arroyo stated that the front door of the property was not able to be properly secured therefore needed security services to begin immediately until store staff arrived in the morning to officially open up. I provided Mr. Arroyo with a Contract Agreement, which he requested be sent to his personal email, loujordanfan23@aol.com, being he stated he did not have access to his business email at this time. Mr. Arroyo stated he had spoken with his manager who agreed upon the contract as well, included the hourly rate which was $65.00 per hour.

I was not able to acquire an armed agent to work this location, so I personally went and provided the security services as requested. I arrived at app. 0033 hours on January 20th, 2015 and spoke to the store staff who were waiting from someone from my company to arrive to allow them to go home for the night. I spoke to Mr. Arroyo, stating my arrival and advised him of the situation with the front door not being able to be properly secured, as well as sent him photos via cell phone. I left this location at exactly 0951 hours on January 20th, after being relieved by the store manager, Cari, yet I only billed SOS Maintenance until 0930 hours, making it 9 billable hours, with a total of $625.95 including tax.

Mr Arroyo stated that payment would be made in 15 days, making it February 4th, 2015. I have been doing to long enough to know sometimes things get delayed so I added an additional few days, making payment to be received by February 10th, 2015. With it now being February 17th, payment has yet to be received from SOS Maintenance. I am writing in request for this matter to be looked at sooner than later so further avenues of approach do not have to be taken.

I would greatly appreciate a call back on this matter!

Davin Lehman
    LEHMAN Protection and Investigations LLC
    PO Box 600 Clifton, NJ 07013
    (201) 697-2727
    Lehmanagency@gmail.com
    Lehmanagency.com

• 0 Votes

I AM PLEASED TO SAY THAT ALL BILLING MATTERS HAVE BEEN CLEARED UP WITH SOS MAINTENANCE INC.!

Mr. Pete Sepulveda had contacted me by email in regards to my post. Mr. Sepulveda had kept to his word with making all arrangements to clarify this matter. I received a phone call from Iraida and she provided me with the companies credit card information. Payment has gone through without any complications!

I would have preferred not to have gone to internet with a post, and apologize to Mr. Sepulveda and SOS Maintenance Inc. for doing so. I wish the best for SOS Maintenance Inc and would still provide security services for SOS Maintenance in the future if the need should arise!

Sincerely,
    Lehmanagency@gmail.com
    Lehmanagency.com

• Na
      6th of Jun, 2015

We installed a floor for the Outback Restaraunt in burlington, vt at the request of Luis Arroyo at SOS Maintenance. We have submitted all paperwork that is required which has been confirmed by Luis. The work was completed on March 28, 2015 and we still have not been paid. We have spoken to Luis numerous times he gave us a wrong number for accounts payable, then finally a number for Lisette. Lisette assured us that the 'check has been cut' and even gave us a check number, that was over two weeks ago. After more phone calls she told us a replacement check was mailed because they have had issues with fraud and our new check was sent priority mail. Still no check. I've called BBB and the Attorney General. I plan to file as small claims case as well. I will be visiting the manager of the outback as well and let them know what type of property maintence company they have. I will tell anyone that will listen never to do business with SOS.

Anthony Jones
    Nailed it! Construction
    Vermont

• Na
      19th of Jun, 2015

I am pleased to report that Lisette actually did follow through and get the check out to us. She also followed up with a phone call after seeing my complaint on this message board. I am happy to write a follow up to this complaint saying they paid in full.

Anthony Jones
    Nailed it! COnstruction
    Vermont

• Je
      14th of Jul, 2015

DO NOT do business with this company!!! I am a plumber located in the Boca Roton area of FL and I completed some plumbing work and never got paid! It was a $800 job!!! I sent over my insurance info, my invoice, a signed and stamped work order AND a quote form. This company is a complete scam. Nobody working there knows what they are doing. Its sad that such incompetent people even get hired for jobs and its sad that somebody would even run a company as bad as this one.