Sorking Law Group Alina Sorkin

Sorkin Law Group
Irvine, California
Phone: 949.502.0273
sorkinlaw.com
We find this lawyer on Craig's list, and she came to us because my hasbund was injure from work related. She seem very nice, but did not speak spanish as advertised. She got us to sign papers to hire her. But she did not return phone calls, and would not see us when we came in. She does not even have an office. After long time she sent us a letter that our case was settled, and that we get very little money. she kept the rest, and when we asked her why she took most of the money, she said to us she had to pay expenses in addition to her part. it is unjust, as we end up with almost nothing. when i told her it is not right, and my husbund and i will complain, she threatened to sue us. She said she knows how to make our lives horrible. She called us names, and said we should go back to Mexico. This is an evil woman. She seemed nice at first, but she treated us worse than dirt. I just want to warn other people so they dont suffer twice like we. Be carifull of Alina Sorkin. Our experience was horrbile we still have ngihtmare of lawyer alina sorkin. Alina if you read this how do you sleep at night and live with your self. I am so sorry for you. Imelda

Sorkin Law Group
A Professional Law Corporation
100 Pacifica, Suite 130
Irvine, California 92618
Complaint comments Comments (19) Complaint country United States Complaint category Lawyers and Attorneys

Comments

A  21st of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I know Alina Sorkin from another type (not legal) interaction, and she is indeed a very pushy, rude, overbearing woman. I am thankful I was using her as my attorney! You have every right to complain about her is she violated her retainer/contract with you in any way! Who does this woman think she is?
A  10th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Pushy? rude? that's only a part of it! Shes insult minorities people to there face when they dont speak perfec t english
A  14th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Alina Sorkin is an attorney in Orange County, CA. She is moody, strange, mean, and loves to spit on people. She tries to bend labor law to her way with no respect for her employees. She ridicules, threatens, berets not only employees but clients when they catch her in a lie.
Her knowledge of the law is mediocre on the best of days and gets abusive when corrected. She refuses to admit she is ever wrong even at the detriment of her clients cases.

The woman is crazy when she does not get her own way. Objects have been thrown across a room, people chased threaten and spit on within the office. She is a spoiled child who has nasty mood swings that can lead to dangerous behavior aimed at whoever is around.

She switches partners like people switch underwear. The lady is just plain nuts. Thank God I got out and now work at a real law firm. She has no respect for her clients, employees, nor herself. I think she maybe bipolar but she is too stubborn to see a mental professional. Her philosophe in life is simple, “she’s always right, and everyone including her clients are out to get her.”
One day Alina Sorkin when you have one of these fits you will end up hurting someone then maybe you can get the help you need.
N  25th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Alina Sorkin... most of her work is done by UCI interns. If UCI only knew how she abuses the University program.
A  26th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
W-A-R-N-I-N-G!!! D O NOT USE BEVERLY QUINN from Rancho Cucamonga, CA.. AS A FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY OR FOR ANY OTHER LEGAL MATTER!! OMG she is a complete con-artist and night mare. When we hired her she promised she would handle all three cases, stating it was a complex case. She stated it would cost around $6, 000. We mentioned my boyfriend having a warrant for not completing his domestic violence classes/failure to appear, his child custody case is still open, we wanted to try to get as much custody of his child due to the child?s mother being absent very often partying ect., and their divorce is not finalized. She stated she would take care of everything promising the world. We paid her $3000 and agreed to pay $500 a month. She set an ex parte hearing the following week Friday 03/09/12. Since we told her everything we were assuming/trusting she would handle all 3 cases. Well my boyfriend went to court and was immediately arrested. SHE WAS NOT PRESENT, conveniently she was 30 mins late. She stated in the 46 years she has practiced none of her clients have ever been arrested. SHE PRETENDED TO KNOW LESS THEN SHE REALLY DOES. So the nightmare began, she told me for a flat fee at no additional cost I would have to retain (give) her additional $500 to represent my boyfriend for the criminal case, and said she would pull some strings to get him out as soon as possible. I gave her the $500, and she stated she would try to get him out the same day. She called a few hours later stating she was not able to get him out, and that his hearing was on Monday 03/12/12 and she stated she would get him out Monday. I get to court 03/12/12 and before the hearing even began the judge stated my boyfriend had no bail and that his next hearing is the following Monday 03/19/12. When my boyfriend was seen in front of the judge she asked the two dumbest questions I?ve ever heard someone ask AFTER THE JUDGE ALREADY TOLD HER no bail, and no release. She asked ?can he get bail? Can he get out today?? the judge responded with ???????? What don?t you understand about what I just said $0 bail and no he is not allowed to get out? So after the hearing she was acting clueless as if she has never done this before and stated she is going to talk to the clerk?s at the court to see if she can advance his hearing to a sooner date. SHE DID NOTHING? meanwhile I am freaked out, stressed, and crying because she kept giving me hope every couples of days and there were no results. She basically said by her representing my boyfriend she would make things move faster, easier, and get him out as soon as possible. His family knew from the second they met her that she was a LIAR and all she cared about was taking advantage of me with the little amount of money I had. After the 5th disappointment (a week after he was already in jail) she stated she was going to try to get him out, His brother stepped in and fired her over the phone. She called back basically threatening him saying if he doesn?t hire her back on the case that my boyfriend could end up serving 275 days. WHY DIDN?T SHE SAY THIS BEFORE I GAVE HER THE $500 dollars? We ended up hiring another attorney that didn?t feed us lies, was very thorough, told us all the possibilities of what can happen at the next hearing, and promised absolutely NOTHING. Our new attorney said Beverly basically took my money and ran. After hiring a professional attorney I realized how horrible Beverly and her staff were. Her staff was 100 percent horrible and not helpful at all. Whenever I called they would treat me like it was a burden to hear from me. They wouldn?t answer half of my calls. Beverly wouldn?t return my calls when I called her cell phone and I WASN?T ABLE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL because it WAS FULL!!!
A  26th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
PART TWO-- What attorney does that? So basically after my boyfriend was arrested they were not helpful at all, I was completely abandoned. Thankfully my boyfriend was released after 11 days. When he was release the next day he went to her office and she refused to see him that day claiming she was “unavailable”. The receptionist advised his family law case is still being handled by Beverly and my boyfriend stated “she is fired”. He had to make an appointment to fire her which was a week later. Then she gave him a bill for $1, 200 for the criminal case WHEN SHE TOLD ME IT WAS A FLAT RATE of $500 and there would be no additional costs. She then charged additional $4120 for the family law case?????????????? She went to 1 hearing, sent my boyfriend to jail, charged me $500 for absolutely nothing, and now she wants another $5300. How does this even make any sense at all? Is this even legal? OH AND THEIR office is unsanitary, the furniture is disgusting, and the office smells like sweaty pig. She is excellent at selling herself to seem like she will fight for you until the death, but in reality she does the least possible, breaks promises, and breaks wallets. Here is the truth about Beverly Quinn she is heartless, a con-artist, a LIAR, and will over charge for everything. Do not go to her!
N  21st of Apr, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Dear Internet Browsers. My name is Alina Sorkin, and I am the managing partner of Sorkin Law Group APLC. This website as well as some of its sister companies was recently brought to my attention, and I wanted to personally reach out to anyone that is searching for counsel utilizing these pages. We at Sorkin Law Group APLC are committed to excellence, authenticity, and a present way of being for each and everyone of our clients, and hope to reach the goals and possibilities of all of our clients. Having said that we ask that you reach out to us directly and question the seriousness or lack there of of these posts, and hope to find a way to touch move and inspire you to know what an amazing firm we are, and how we can help you all. Thank you Alina Sorkin
N  24th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Alina Sorkin Alina you are despicable. you lack professional and class. I feel sorry for anyone that asks you to represent them without knowing that you do not represent any of those qualities as expressed in your response - excellence and authenticity.in no way are you respectful.in no way are you an amazing firm. i've dealt with amazing firms - your firm is the [censor] of those amazing firms that i've had professional contact with. you only inspire people to fire you. you only inspire people to not hire you. only a matter of time. thank you for showing your true ugly colors.
N  24th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@KCKramer *professionalism and class.
N  12th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Alina Sorkin Alina Sorkin is a rude and vulgar person. She is super unprofessional, and a mediocre attorney at best. She takes full advantage of clients (like myself) who don't know what to do with their cases. For months (over 8-9 months) she sat on my case doing no work on it. She did nothing for months. And when I called and emailed her office trying to get an update on the status, and she blew me off and never got back to me. When I finally did get a hold of her, she first tried to have one of her staff members lie and say she wasn't in the office (even though I could hear her talking in the background). When she finally came to the phone, she yelled at me for 10 mins (almost screaming at the top of her lungs) before having her staff member hang up on me. I tried calling back, but no one in her office answered. Eventually, another month later, she dropped my case without warning or explanation. She just sent a standard form letter letting me know she was no longer representing me. I tried calling her after to ask how to proceed with my case/proceed with finding another attorney, and she never got back to me. I had a really horrible experience here, stay away.
D  11th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
What is "a present way of being"? What lawyer writes with so many grammatical errors? What person writes like ?
A  4th of Nov, 2012 by    +2 Votes
Dear internet browsers!!
Do not hire this lawyer "alina sorkin" she is bipolar, and on top of that a liar, carefull she is being sued as we write. she is a ripoff, ripoff, ripoff... soon there will be contact information here and we want all the people she has ripoff to get together for a stronger case, if your an ilegal immigrant dont be scared we need you to come forward share with us your awful experiance with this lawyer and at least you can get back a little bit of what she took from you...
A  17th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
Alina Sorkin sued her mother Nina Khodorvsky, and gets her frustration out on UCI interns. She is bitter and angry. She threatens everyone she meets. She works out of a tiny office, and tries to do personal injury cases with recent Russian immigrants. The most she can do is have her interns fill out a form or two, and write a letter or make a call. Worst thing is that she is unpredictable. needs medication.
A  7th of Mar, 2014 by    +2 Votes
Be careful with this Sorkin lawyer. She picks petty fights and is an ambulance chaser.
N  22nd of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
This person, Alina kholodovsky aka sorkin is a psycho. She is from a ###ed up family that abused her. Crazy woman torments her husband.
A  20th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
run from this insane, bipolar person, Alina Sorkin. She should be on heavy medication, and away from children.
A  28th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
If I could define Alina Sorkin in two words it would be: LOW CLASS. She's a rude and vulgar person with ZERO people skills in a mediocre law firm who takes advantage of hispanic clients who don't know what else to do with their case. I think she believes she's untouchable and that's why she thinks she is able to treat her employees and clients in a bad way, but there's one thing called karma Alina, and that's why you will never prosper, you will never earn the respect of your colleagues and you will stay the mediocre pseudo lawyer you are. You get what you give.
N  28th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Alina Sorkin is an so-called lawyer who acts like the bully in the playground, thinking that she can make a point by being the loudest and the most aggressive. She is a living proof that some animals never evolved into rational human beings. Stay away from here, and if you do encounter her, report it to the nearest mental institution.
N  24th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
DO NOT HIRE HER TO REPRESENT YOU. Alina Sorkin is the MOST UNPROFESSIONAL attorney our firm has ever dealt with regarding a personal injury claim. She not only yelled at our analyst for asking an update on a case BUT proceeded to cuss her out. She literally yell at the top of her lungs for over 5 minutes on the phone stating, "I own this business and I'll say whatever I want." CONTACT HER AT YOUR OWN RISK. As the people before me have stated she is overly aggressive and condescending. As her peer, I hope to never do any form of business with her again. Her "Testimony" section on her website is A JOKE. There is NOTHING kind or appreciative to write in regards to her or her business.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree