Sony Vaio Vpcea23en / Faulty Hard Disk/OS

1 India Review updated:

I bought Sony Vaio with S/No. [protected] 7006513 on 12/June/2010 model no. VPCEA23EN.

The reason as to why I bought Vaio was because I had trust in Sony as a brand. It’s been a very tough journey ever since I bought this Laptop. This has got an Operating system problem.

On an average after every 20 days the Operating system of the system is crashing with the following notifications:

Runtime error

1) C:Program filesSonyVaiogateVaiogate.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way .

Please contact the application team for more information.

2) C:WindowsSystem32ConfigSystem profileDesktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on the hard drive on this computer or on a network.

I have contacted Vaio customer care and got the Customer ID 6213482 and 6406160(For the same problem)

They provided me with the contact details of one of your OUTSOURCED SERVICE CENTRE Jaypee Electronics, Noida

I have handed over my laptop to them for repairing on 24/10/2010. They changed the Hard disk and returned the laptop on 29/10/2010.

Within next some time OS crashed once again. I once again approached Jaypee Electronics on 14/11/2010 to get the laptop fixed. They returned the laptop on 21/11/2010 after COMPLETE FORMAT and the system has crashed once again on 23/11/2010. The service centre people are clueless about the problem.

Now I WANT SONY TO REPLACE THIS DEFECTIVE LAPTOP.

I have tried enough to fix this laptop however of no use. Now kindly replace this defective laptop with a working one.

Va

Comments

• Ar
      17th of Feb, 2011

dude mine too just happened a couple of days bak.Try to run windows in safe mode and maybe u can get.
    And dude i have one more question wat's ur battery back up?does ur battery decrease wen u resume from shutdown??

• Ko
      19th of Apr, 2011

even i am facing the same problem with sony vaio VPCEA23EN laptop. I too had immense faith in Sony as a brand and hence i invested my hard earned money in this peice of crap. My laptop has crashed 3 times and even after the 3rd repair it still doesn't shut down normally. Enough of running around with this crap. I want Sony to replace it. Sony intentionally has fooled hundreds of customers like us just for their business profil. Will never buy another Sony product in my life and would advice people to do the same.

• So
      19th of Apr, 2011

In response to Koyel,
    My name is Evelyn from Sony electronics the SonyListens Team. I do apologize for the problems you are having with your vaio. Please e-mail us at sonylistens@am.sony.com with the information in your previous posting. Also, please include your contact information so that either I or one of my Sonylistens memebers can contact you. Thank you.
    Best Regards,

Evelyn Perez
    SonyListens Team

17th of Oct, 2011

Frens, i'm having vaio VPCEA23EN model...my hard disk is failed to load...so i likely to buy a new one...wats the model of it.?, is the hard disk normal as like otherlaptops ? Or we need to specify the port name SATA or IDE ? Plz reply me

• Ra
      6th of May, 2012

I am owning VPCEA23EN laptop and i am facing the hard disk problem. It was working fine. All of a sudden the blue screen of death came and after that its not booting at all. I have all my data lost. I m too frustated. Very worst laptop ever had. Who will bare for my loss?I had used Lenovo, HP and found it much better. I got that on June 2010. I have Sony TV, Home theater. Even my car stereo is Sony. I had lot of trust on Sony. But now
    I am fooled easily by Sony Corporation.The lifetime of the laptop is just 2 years, and for that i had to pay 42k. It makes me to think about all the other investments in Sony and my future plans to buy Sony Products.

• So
      7th of May, 2012

@ Raj, Good morning! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with our customer service, and we want to help get this resolved right away. Please send us an email to Sonylistens@am.sony.com with your *contact information, mailing address, full model number of the Vaio that you're having issues with and please let us know what the issue is. I assure you myself or one of my team members will get back to you with a response ASAP. Thank you! Pat Kennedy (SonyListens Team)