Sony Vaio Vgn - Sz220 / Fragile products coupled with horrendous customer service!
I am just writing with regards to a Sony VGN-SZ220 laptop that I had sent in to Sony for repairs. Though my computer was still under warranty, I was notified by Sony after several days of sending the laptop in, that I needed to pay about $170 for some 'cosmetics damages'. I was infuriated. Firstly, I had detached the wireless antenna in fear of it being accidentally broken during the repair. Otherwise, I had sent in the unit in perfect working conditions. I did not understand how come I suddenly had cosmetics damages with the batteries. I figured it was just a way of them making additional profit. I called them, reprimanded them sternly about the 'cosmetics damages' that they were going to charge me on, and insisted that they drop all those redundant charges. I am expecting to have my Sony laptop back with me with in two days, and I am expecting more troubles with Sony.
One final word for those who wants to buy Sony : Sony might seem to be the Gucci of computers, and true, their products works well. But it is one heck of fragile products, coupled with horrendous customer service and repair representatives. I'd stay away from Sony for these reasons.
More Sony Vaio Vgn - Sz220 Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - online aspect
- Sony Corporation - sony 65 xbr
- Sony Corporation - capital one sony credit card offer false advertising
- Sony Corporation - remote control
- Sony Corporation - Sony India - damage of the tv panel during servicing at the service centre