Sony VaioNoisy fan

Dear Sony Vaio,

I am Ma Thet Mon Aye and I am writing this letter for the sake of your business.
I am an international student from Myanmar who is now styding in UCL (london).

I have bought VGN CS36GJ in this June 2009 in Singapore before I set off to London . And after 4 mths, I got the fan noise problem. It is really heavy noise that it irritates me alot.I am a computer science student who chose Vaio over Mac and I have alot of Sony products with me.

I bought it from Singapore and added IRSP which I thought is international warranty because of the sales person who told me that covers the warranty for UK too.
However, I found out that it don't cover in UK but in other countries.

I am shocked.I thought Vaio is an international brand which will cover its warranty everywhere.I mean at least the parts if the service fees cannot be covered.More, it is not even 6 mths yet to get the fan noise.

Addition, it makes me dissapoint alot that Sony Service Centre which cost me more than 20 GDP to call since I have to call everytime and they always reply me after 3 days and call me during the lectures leaving voice msg to call them back.You know, in UK, to call to Sony is not easy it cost me 35p even while I am waiting a stuff to hold my call.It really pissed me off.

They quote me for 200 GDP since my warrenty is not in UK. It is alot for a student like me.Plus, it is not my fault since I don't even do anything yet.I have checked out the shipping rates with FedEx, it will cost me around 200 for shipping to Singapore and get back from Singapore which really costs me alot and I am now in the corner.

I guess this will be my last Sony Laptop. I will never choose Sony again. I will never think second time. I was disappointed like this.

If there is no service that will do as a compensation for CS series, I guess alot of customers will go away too.

The fan noise problem is even on youtube.

Please check it out.The product is bad and customer service is expensive with worse and not consider for a customer who is a student.

I think if there is nothing that will do as compensation for me, I will not even choose Sony products again.

Best Wishes
Thet

Comments

•   Jan 10, 2010

i agree the same case is with me and i am facing this problem

•   Jan 10, 2010

hello sony vaio... i am saba yahya i bought sony vaio laptop from malaysia on 13-03-2009 after 9 months the fan is making too much noise that is irritating me and i am mentally upset beacuse i paid extra money 199 ringit for the over seas service n warranty also but this overseas service doesnt cover Pakistan i dont know why...therefore before purchasing this overseas service i asked them is this applicable in Pakistan they said to me yes...i am very much disappointed from sony vaio...i ve many sony products but my charm is over...i am crazy about vaio laptops but unfortunetly this craziness is over because of this irritaing fan noice...please give me possitive response ...i'll be very thakful to u if i resolve my this problem

Jan 10, 2010

I've faced the SAME problem last month. The laptop started producing irritating noises. I tried to ignore it, until it started shaking.

I then discovered that the heat sink was damaged and had to fix it. However, I didn't fix it at Sony. Instead, I gave it to someone I trust and he replaced it (and it cost a lot!). I don't think the warranty will work because this is considered to be physical damage and that isn't included in the terms.

But why did this happen in the first place?? I think the reason is because once while trying to pull the monitor, my fingers slipped and it smashed into the keyboard. The laptop looks really cool and is appealing, but there's a problem with its design.

Anyway, I think you should send it to your local Sony agent or someone who could help. Most likely, you'll have to dig in your pockets though.

Good luck

•   Jan 10, 2010

ahhhhhhhhh well i will not spare sony vaio...they gave me mentally tension...i ve paid money...they should ve to do something...other wise i will publish a note that no one purchase vaio ...this is fraud they sell their laptops and after 5 months the laptops start making noises...

• Pa
      Feb 18, 2010

I agree completely. I have the same problem. Three months after bought my Vaio, fan noise started to sound like lawnmowers or vacuum. Sony is also not very supportive this issue. been searching all the forums, hundreds of us are facing the same problems and yet no actions were merely taken by sony. Service Center sucks too.

Please help us spread this campaign.."DO NOT BUY SONY VAIO LAPTOPS" due to poor quality

• Vi
      Mar 09, 2010

i got the same fan proble with my laptop sony, i never will buy sony prodructs again and the customer suport is bad realy realy bad, , never buy sony products again

Apr 10, 2010

Could not agree more! $1200 for a laptop and it sounds like a fighter jet. My company computer (DELL) is very durable and has never given me 1 problem. It's over 3 yrs old! Sony should issue a recall and fix this DEFECT. I have always given Sony my business because I was comfortable with their quality - but they will not get anymore of my money if this doesn't get fixed!

Apr 21, 2010

I totally agree with you guys.. I have been experiencing the same issue after 3 months . Worst thing is, its not only the fan problem but also the there was some vertical lines blinking on my LCD and often it took several minutes to start-up, like waiting for years for the windows to appear.

I am really frustrated with SONY, considering i chose SONY over MACbook . I should have bought MACbook instead of SONY ! Urgg..i realy hate myfself for doing the wrong decision.

DELL is better. I had a DELL Laptop for 6 years and until now its still working. I gave it to my brother and he said its still functioning really well. I had never experience any problems with DELL Laptops. ANd for that i give credit to DELL Laptops for a good quality.

I really want to replace my laptop with a new one and better if I can just return it back and reimburse my money. :-(

Jun 09, 2010

I have 3 sony vio laptops, i baught them for my family because i thrust of sonyproducts, but 10 monthes after i baught them, all the family became veyr verysad because of the fan problems first, then after some time the mother board of one of my computer are completly destroyed, .The problem is i paid to much mony for sony, but the service center in my country, Saudi Arabia can not cover the service. now i have a very bad and irretating impression about all sony product.all the time in my work location, i am telling every body trying to buy any sony product to take care from that terriblebad compnay, and i always tell them about my problem with sony, what can i do??????

• Ca
      Nov 16, 2010

I totally agree. I have the same problem :( I bought it a year ago and there's always something wrong about it. I won't buy Sony products again. Your product sucks and not satisfying!!!

• La
      Jan 18, 2013
    Sony Vaio - display breakage
    Sony
    India
    [protected]@gmail.com

i purchased sony vaio (E 15 116/BLACK S0170035089) laptop on 25 aug 2012. 2-3 days ago its display has been damaged . so i went to the dealer -
    "ALPHA COMPUTERS
    170, GANDHI MARKET, AMBALA CANTT, HARYANA
    133001"
    although my laptop is in warranty period but he asked me for the charges without considering my warranty card. i got distressed after i trusted blindly on the dealer. keeping in view my educational career i want this to be repaired as soon as possible. if this won't be taken into special consideration then i would be definitely going to the "CONSUMER COURT" as there will be no other option left to me.

• Ho
    Sony Vaio - worthless
    spny

Don't buy sony vaio...There products are defective! I have had two and they were both worthless. I had to buy new computers after a year. On both of them, something was wrong with the color inside of the monitor. On the first one there was a green line down the middle and on the second one the monitor was always pink in the corners. In addition, the speakers broke. They keep making a buzzing sound and no one knows what to do to fix them. This is horrible. Wat is the point of having a computer that you can't see the monitor and can't hear anything from. You would be better off buying a new brand.

Sony Vaio - Vaio computer vgn fe460e
    Sony
    San Francisco
    California

Fraudulent service. About a year ago, my computer screen remained blank when I turned it on. There were, obviously, no error message to speak of, and no recent changes made to it. Note: the startup sound still worked, and my computer engineer friend looked it over and suspected a graphics card problem. He found this article for me saying that NVidia and Sony are accepting responsibility for the problem: http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?template=EN&news_id=349 --- even for those computers that were out of warranty. Not only did Sony fail to inform the technician of the repair [they just sent the part, and the tech was puzzled as to why a box with no dispatch order came to his office - resulting in a delay of repair of 3 weeks, during which Sony reps claimed was that the part was still being shipped en route], after the technician installed the new motherboard, we noticed that the sound was no longer working. Calling Sony back resulted in them saying "Sony solved the graphics card problem, you're on your own for any other sort of problem. Give us money and we can repair it for you [even though we, Sony, were the ones who sent you a defective motherboard in the first place]". *For Sony people reading this, here's proof that this is not a made-up story - my repair order is E52856954.

Jul 26, 2016

Kevin is awesome. He sent me a box for free and after 2 weeks, they fully repaired my laptop. It's been a month now and it's working fine. Kevin, you do your company a great service. Thank you.

•   Jul 26, 2016

Hello Drelee85,

This is Kevin Krause with the Sonylistens team. I am very sorry to read about the problems that you are having with your laptop. If you email us at [protected]@am.sony.com we will be more than happy to try and help you out. When you email be sure to include any event ID numbers you may have as well a a brief description of the problems that you are having.

Kevin Krause

Sonylistens Team

• Bi
    Sony Vaio - not responding about thier product
    shiva fashion gallery
    Thailand

Hi! i bought a vaio sseries inmay 2012at Phuket central n back to india on the next day, i was very happy to use it in india while my vacation but it won't wok.iback to phuket on 30sept n send to the central they keep it 25 day's n call me that i can pick my vaio is repaired. i got it back iask them for wifi to check it they say no wifi n everythingh is fine but still problem n no one is responding.This is the Sony product n service if any one suggest me wat to do? tell me please otherwise im talking with my lawyer to file a case to sony n the shop.