Sony Vaio Laptop / Worst Customer Service
Recently I went to BestBuy to purhcase a SONY Vaio latop. After looking up the model and its price online, I figured I could go to the store and buy it. This piece was suggested by my friends who bought the laptop the same day for 350$.
When I swang by the laptop section and asked one of the reps to show me a piece and that I was interested in it, he asked me to wait at the customer service center; puzzled as to why is he asking me to wait at the customer service center and not handing me the laptop, I followed him to CS center. They made me wait for about 15 minutes while the rep and few other BB reps were having a conversation. Finally he had brought me a piece and when he rang it, the product showed up as 599.99$. Once again puzzled I asked the rep that one of my friends had bought it for 350$ just an hour back. The rep told me "You will have to talk to my manager about that", I figured there was something fishy here. I believe store managers are supposed to be courteous and address the buyers questions in a honest and well mannered way. But to be very frank, his mannerism was nothing close to it. Being very disappointed (not for the price but his attitude), I left the store thinking of the way I was humiliated in a store that had a good reputation among many.
Later that day I called my friends to ask about their experience at BB when they went to purchase the same product, couple of them got it for the same price 350$ and when when my colleagues dropped in with my friend who had already purchased one, it was the same manager who said "SORRY, we are not going to sell you this product, as you are accompanying a person who already bought this product... It may be the second piece for him... Its just one per head"... Does this sound like "U are accompanying a minor to the store... U may not purchase liquor... U may feed it to the minor". Finally after a bitter arguement with the manager they had to leave the store without the buy. If I knew all this before going to the store I wouldnt have wasted my time and embarrased myself.
I think BB at this location needs a revamp of their CS and educate their reps how to treat and talk to a customer. I am not saying they should treat you like RICHE RICH but atleast humanly by being a little polite and courteous. Hope I am not being too unrealistic in my ask.
THINGS I'M STILL PUZZLED ABOUT
1. Why was I asked to wait at CS Centet instead of handing me the piece at the laptop section?
2. What could have been the conversation with the reps while I was waiting at the CS center?
3. All 3 of us having a bad experience are Asians, is this Racism? I have not experienced this in another BB.
4. Are reps in BB given training and are they certified in customer service?
5. Can the price of products change every hour at stores?
More Sony Vaio Laptop Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers! 
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number 
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product 
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care 
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block 
- Sony Corporation - remote control
- Sony Corporation - Sony India - damage of the tv panel during servicing at the service centre
- Sony Corporation - headphones
- Sony Corporation - playstation store
- Sony - service centre complaint by kamal khetan - mobile software issue