Sony Vaio Laptop / Worst Customer Service

1 Mechanicsburg, PA, United States Review updated:

Recently I went to BestBuy to purhcase a SONY Vaio latop. After looking up the model and its price online, I figured I could go to the store and buy it. This piece was suggested by my friends who bought the laptop the same day for 350$.

When I swang by the laptop section and asked one of the reps to show me a piece and that I was interested in it, he asked me to wait at the customer service center; puzzled as to why is he asking me to wait at the customer service center and not handing me the laptop, I followed him to CS center. They made me wait for about 15 minutes while the rep and few other BB reps were having a conversation. Finally he had brought me a piece and when he rang it, the product showed up as 599.99$. Once again puzzled I asked the rep that one of my friends had bought it for 350$ just an hour back. The rep told me "You will have to talk to my manager about that", I figured there was something fishy here. I believe store managers are supposed to be courteous and address the buyers questions in a honest and well mannered way. But to be very frank, his mannerism was nothing close to it. Being very disappointed (not for the price but his attitude), I left the store thinking of the way I was humiliated in a store that had a good reputation among many.

Later that day I called my friends to ask about their experience at BB when they went to purchase the same product, couple of them got it for the same price 350$ and when when my colleagues dropped in with my friend who had already purchased one, it was the same manager who said "SORRY, we are not going to sell you this product, as you are accompanying a person who already bought this product... It may be the second piece for him... Its just one per head"... Does this sound like "U are accompanying a minor to the store... U may not purchase liquor... U may feed it to the minor". Finally after a bitter arguement with the manager they had to leave the store without the buy. If I knew all this before going to the store I wouldnt have wasted my time and embarrased myself.

I think BB at this location needs a revamp of their CS and educate their reps how to treat and talk to a customer. I am not saying they should treat you like RICHE RICH but atleast humanly by being a little polite and courteous. Hope I am not being too unrealistic in my ask.

THINGS I'M STILL PUZZLED ABOUT
1. Why was I asked to wait at CS Centet instead of handing me the piece at the laptop section?
2. What could have been the conversation with the reps while I was waiting at the CS center?
3. All 3 of us having a bad experience are Asians, is this Racism? I have not experienced this in another BB.
4. Are reps in BB given training and are they certified in customer service?
5. Can the price of products change every hour at stores?

Dw

Comments

• Db
      9th of Jul, 2008

YOU NOW KNOW WHY MANY PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF BEST BUY AND THEIR DEVIOUS BUSINESS PRACTICES. THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN A HIGH COMMISSION SALE AND THEN AFTER YOU BUY SOMETHING YOUR STUCK WITH IT AFTER TH SHORT FOURTEEN DAY RETURN POLICY.
    ON A POSITIVE NOTE, YOU SHOULD BE GLAD YOU DID NOT BUY THE SONY LAPTOP. THE REASON I AM ON LINE NOW IS TO WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE ABOUT THEM.
    I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED SONY PRODUCTS BUT MY NEW COMPUTER IS A NIGHTMARE. I HAVE OWNED IT FOR 6 MONTHS AND STILL CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.
    BEST BUY SAYS THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT AND I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH SONY FOR HOURS TRYING TO FIND THE PROBLEM AND THEY SAY THEY DO'N'T KNOW WHAT IT IS AND WILL NOT AGREE TO REPLACE THE COMPUTER UNLESS BEST BUY AGREES TO DO IT. SO ROUND AND ROUND WE GO AND NO ONE WILL ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY LEMON OF A COMPUTER THAT COST OVER 1, 200 DOLLARS.
    SO DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFOR BUYING AND STAY AWAY FROM BEST BUY.

• So
      17th of Jun, 2016
    Sony Vaio Laptop - Ripped off!!
    Sony Electronics

I paid for a Sony Vaio Laptop on 3/25/13. As of today, 4/8/13, I have not received my laptop although the money for the laptop has been debited from my account. I have spoken with customer service everyday for the past week and they can not tell me when my laptop will be shipped. I have tried to cancel my order and they will not refund my money. If any one out there can help me with my situation please do. I am at my wit's end.

• So

Good afternoon Sony Internet is a Rip Off,

I'm Pat Kennedy with the Sony Support USA Team.

I'm sorry you are not happy with the customer service you received when you contacted Sony regarding your Vaio order.

Please e-mail sonylsitens@am.sony.com and refer to Event ID# E57384189.

Please include your contact information, mailing address and your Sales Order number.

I assure you myself or one of my team members will get back to you with a response ASAP.

Thank you...

• Sh
    Sony Vaio Laptop - Dishonest Newegg did not keep their promise
    newegg

I had got a good deal of sony vaio laptop on blackfriday. I ordered the item. After some time, got a mail from newegg that the item is not in stock and will provide you the laptop in the same price if it comes back in stock with higher price.

When the item came back in stock, I called up customer service. They said they will not be able to honor the blackfriday deal and kept arguing and started giving discount on the original price. They said they will work on it and call me within a week. I didnt get a single call from them. I again called back and they said the item is not in stock. We may give you the laptop in the same price when it will come back n stock. After a week or so, I saw it back in stock. Called customer care, (who were not at all good listeners), I was evry time repeated the same story to every CS representative and they did not give me a valid reason for not provding the same deal even if I have their mail stating that they will give me the lappy in the same price.

Very bad experience...will not ever shop again from them...dishonest ppl...dont keep their promises...

• Ne

Dear shilwil,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this latest promotion. Due to insufficient stock and overwhelming demand, not all orders were able to be processed a this time. No company is perfect, but we pride ourselves in fixing mistakes. The service you've described is unacceptable.

At your earliest convenience, please contact Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or joshua.l.key@newegg.com so we can assist you appropriately.

Newegg.com