Sony Vaio / Bad service

1 Belgium Review updated:

Have very serious unjust treatment related with vaio Europe support service. Related with this subject I have to send my complaints and problems to japanese responsible unit. Please send me emergency contact details of this responsible unit... Because, my problem that is related with vaio euro support, european support unit is not volunteer to give me contact details of japan headquarter... I am a client in Istanbul Turkey, I am writing this letter so sadly and desperately. I buy a vaio note book and after than I have some problems with it and it’s already 45 days I give it to the Sony European service without a clear answer. The problem is after 2 weeks I buy it, I found some problems in the notebook, from that time and the next one year l at least call the service 300 times and still not any response and I got their announcement 14th may that they agree to take the notebook to Belgium for repairing, then I give them the computer. After that I still not get any useful information or responsible from them and ask them the contact of the center office of Sony company in Japan, but sadly they don’t give me. After than I found this fax number. I always believe Sony is the most magnificent company and it will bring us the best service. But now, I am really disappointed .so and desperately hope you can help me to solve my problem.

Ma

Comments

• Ke
      15th of Sep, 2008

I'm writting this e-mail to complain about Vaio notebook. I bought a Sony Vaio notebook in Japan. I knew that my warranty was valid only in Japan, but wouldn't imagine that my notebook could break in ONE and A HALF month. I was using my notebook in South Africa and it stopped working, so I decided to fix it in Brazil, my home country.
    It such a shame for Sony sell something with poor quality like this notebook. To fix my notebook I'm going to pay about 670 dollar, it's about 1/3 of the value that I paid for this notebook because of a burned out mother board. I must confess that I'm ashamed, should had bought another notebook like Sharp notebook or another one more interisting like Mac Book Air. Sharp notebook had similar configurations but cheaper, but I decided to take a Vaio notebook because of the "quality" and the model: SZ series (yes, one of the top series). I'm very unhappy, I belived that this company could offer good computers and good service, but now I've realized that this is only marketing.
    My notebook is in Sony Service Assistence for about 60 days!!! 2 months! They don't have capacity to fix it in few days.
    All I can say is that I'll never buy such poor quality computer and I'll advice collegues and friends to not buy notebook of this company.

Kelly

• Da
      17th of Jul, 2009

I also had bad experiences about Sony Vaio's after sales service. Their customer service is lousy, not customer friendly. They take hour to find answer and the answer does not necessarily help to solve the problem. I recently bought Sony Vaio notebook and battery did not work properly. I talked to customer service 3-4 times spending at least an hour explaining them the problem. They promised to send a new battery to replace, but sent me empty boxes twice. I complained again, but they claimed that they have sent the battery inside the box. It was delivered by FeDex and I complained them too, but they said that they deliver whatever they receive. I am frustrated and will not recommend to buy Sony product if you want to receive after sales service and warranty claim. They are not good.

• Da
      17th of Jul, 2009

Don't recommend Sony Vaio.

• Is
      15th of Aug, 2009

Dear Maola...I am sorry about your trouble with the vaio...I understand. I too bought one and it is as if you are on your own with no-one to help when things go wrong. I have a VG-NR10 /s there was a problem when running the notebook with the battery. A window kept popping up which said maybe the battery was not compatible or not working and said take it out and out it back in again...I did this many many times...still the window popped up. After many long calls to vaio europe they told me to buy a new battery. I did..it cost a lot of money and...guess what...same window popped up again! So there was NOTHING wrong with either battery. They then offered to collect the computer ( at a charge of over 200 GB pounds and then would have charged anything up to 500 pounds to 'top it up.) YOu must be flipping joking I cried...I could get 2 laptops for that money!
    SO...I took it into PC world...they had a look.. told me to run the discs and do 'System restore' and charged me NOTHING...I will never reccommend or buy a Vaio product again. Good luck putting your notebook back to good working order. Yes try Japan...UK customer service is generally CRAP. If you get to talk to a real person they are generally in India..and no-one takes responsibility.

• Mr
      22nd of Sep, 2009

I can't believe the way that vaio sony has treated me, my husband who is terminally ill with brain cancer thought he'd buy my a laptop for my birthday, i had it aweek and it stopped working, i phoned vaio sony to have it repaired, to be told well if you have dropped it it's going to cost me £169 to have it repaired, i told them it has'nt been dropped, and how can you say whats wrong with the laptop if you have'nt seen it yet, they booked DHL to collect the laptop, but they went to the wrong address, so i had to phone again for pickup, they were very rude to me on the phone, telling me to stay in my house until its collected, i said i was, but you went to the wrong address, that was last week, i've phoned again monday and asked them why have'nt they picked up my laptop, and they said stay in until they pick the laptop up, so me and my husband have been in for 6days waiting, and still no pickup, i phoned to complain and asked to be put through to there complaint's department to be told they have'nt got one!!! then i asked to be put through to a manager to be told there is'nt one!!! a big company like sony, i find that hard to believe.
    the after service for vaio sony is terrible, rude, unfriendly, yet again i have to phone them to ask why my £799.00 vaio laptop has not been picked up, which so far, taken from my phone statement, has cost me £24 in call's in 6days, being kept on hold and still not getting anywhere. wish me luck! going to try and get through to them yet again.

25th of Nov, 2009

I BOUGHT A SONY VAIO TT11WN LAP TOP IN MAY 2009. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT TRUOBLE WITH IT AND IT HAS ALREADY BEEN BACK TO SONY TWICE FOR REPAIRS. IT HAS BROKEN DOWN AGAIN AND WHILST USEABLE CAN NOT BE RELIED UPON TO WORK ALL OF THE TIME.

SONY SAY IT IS THE SOFTWARE WHICH IS MYSTIFYING TO SAY THE LEAST AS THE ONLY SOFTWARE ON THE MACHINE IS THAT WHICH THE LOADED AT THEIR REPAIR PLACE.

AS THIS MACHINE COST ME OVER £1700 UK I HAVE GIVEN THE COMPANY 21 DAYS TO REPLACE THIS MACHINE OR ELSE I WILL GO TO COURT FOR A REPLACEMENT. THEY DO NOT ACCEPT MEDIATION SO ITWILL HAVE TO BE COURT.

LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON.

JAMES S ROBERTSON.
    K500JDR@TISCALI.CO.UK
    25/11/2009

12th of Sep, 2010

I have a bad experience with SONY Service Centre ghaziabad.In ghaziabad there is official weekly off on tuesday, but they don't care about the custmor . when i goto repair my laptop on sunday, the service center was closed on the day without any reason.

I never expected this from SONY service center...

• Ab
      9th of Jul, 2015

Hello

I bought a mobile phone Sony Xperia Z3 in Turkey. My phone stopped working 3 weeks later then I bought. I went to the shop where I bought it and explained them the problem. The phone was giving me signals after one week with error reading 3 weeks later it went off and didnt go on anymore.

The shop send me to the technical service teleservice who is taking care about it. They send my phone to Ankara as they want to check it there. Last week 10 days later I heard that I getting a new phone only the problem is that there was no device in Turkey. I was really shocked to hear that. No phone in whole Turkey. I send a mail to Sony Turkey and a day after I called Sony Turkey and told them my complains. That I have a warranty and that I have to get a new phone inmeddiatly. Now 3 days later still no answer from Sony Turkey or the technical service who is taking care for it.

I am now 18 days further really bad service and no information at all. I was trying to find direct mail to Sony Japan to explain the problem but I couldnt find.

Is there someone who can give me the mail.

My mail is abmoragency@gmail.com