Sony Style USA / Terrible experience!

United States Review updated:
I recently placed an order with a sony style representative from www.sonystyle.com. After placing the order I was contacted a few days later from the shipping company that they use and setup a delivery time for Thursday November 29th 11am-4pm. Someone has to be there to sign for it so I had to take the day off of work. I'm waiting all day for the TV and it never came. The shipping company finally called me to say that they had delays in NY and they would have to reschedule for the next day. So once again I had to take another day off of work to receive the TV. They said between 11am - 4pm again. Once again the TV never arrived and I called the shipping company and again they said they had delays and wouldn't be able to deliver the TV that day and would come the next day being Saturday. Finally it came on Saturday. After this took place I called Sony customer service to try to get a credit or something. After calling and speaking to 2 different supervisors that apparently were unable to connect me with anyone higher than them I got nothing accomplished but an apology. Meanwhile I work on commission at work and did not get paid for those 2 days. Sony refused to give me any credit at all and said if I wanted to return the TV i would have to pay for shipping. Its a lose lose with them. If there is anything further you think I can do please let me know.

Thanks,

Va

Comments

Ha
  13th of Dec, 2007
I had ordered dilivery by 3-day air because I was going to leave the shipped address, they billed me for 3 days air and actually sent the order by ground (6 days).

When I called them for a refund, they asked me to pickup the shipped item, get the RMA and ship it back.

I explained them that the fault is not mine, I should be getting teh refund in 24 hours.

As expected SonyStyle is careless, careless and careless!
Al
  21st of Jul, 2008
One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had!!!

I've ordered a top of the line laptop to take to my friend in Europe and they've shipped it by FedEx ground which takes forever to get here. Anyway, FedEx always delivers during business hours when Im at work, but I wasn't worried about that because I knew that I could pick it up from FedEx up to 10 business days after their last try. When I came to FedEx 5 business days after their last attempt they've already shipped it back to Sony and said that it must have been requested by the shipper, but that Sony can call the FedEx and ask them to return the item to me before it gets to Sony warehouse. I called Sony and they said that they didnt request it to be shipped back to them before time so it was FedEx's fault. I asked them to call FedEx and tell them to return the item back to me before it gets to Sony's warehouse because Im leaving for Europe in less than a week and cannot wait that long. They refused to do it and said that it is against their policy and they have to wait till it gets to their warehouse and only then they can ship it back to me (which is bull... of course) In general the supervisor couldn't careless about my problem even though I was almost bagging him to do something about this situation. I then was trying to find an email to submit a complaint but found out that there is no such a thing at Sony Style USA so I submitted my complaint as a feedback to their website. At this point I dont know what to do anymore as I have less than a week to get that laptop and Sony coudn't careless about it. I was trying to find some numbers to call Sony's managers, but the only phone number available on their website is the "customer DON't care". Did not expect this from the biggest name in electronics, but now I'll know better then to ever deal with them again.
Di
  5th of Jan, 2009
Had the same kind of terrible experience with Sony Style... wish I had thought abt checking SonyStyle reviews before placing the order... never thought I would need to with Sony...

Bought a 52" XBR6 and blue ray player... sales rep was very nice when placing the order... Within a week of purchase there was a price drop at Circuit City.. when we asked for a price match... Sony took abt 3 weeks to respond and refused to do a price match as soon as the offer ended at circuit city. Takes forever to get anybody from customer service who are not very helpful and if you ask to speak to the Supervisor or Manager ... they just put you on hold (was on hold for 4 hrs) and then just cut you off after a few hrs... apparently the manager has no direct phone line or email... Customer service could hardly care abt anything... worst service ever...

Now we've to ship back the TV at our own cost...

Never thought would have this kind of experience with a company like Sony... they've discouraged me from ever buying anything from SonyStyle... Please think twice before buying anything from Sony
An
  28th of Mar, 2009
JUST LOOK AT THIS WHAT I GOT IN THE STORE. NOT BY THE WORKERS BY THE SECURITY GUARD!!!

UNHEARD OF!!!

THE SECURITY GUARD BY THE NAME OF GEORGE THAT WORKS IN SONY STYLE IN ROOSEVELT FIELD MALL. IN GARDEN CITY NEW YORK.

I WAS A BUYER FOR SONYSTYLE UNTIL I RAN INTO GEORGE. I REFUSE TO BUT ANOTHER SONY PRODUCT AS LONG AS HE WORKS THERE.

I WENT INTO SONYSTYLE IN ROOSEVELT FIELD MALL TO PURCHASE A $3000 LAPTOP WHEN ENTERING THE STORE THE SECURITY GUARD WAS SURFING THE WEB ON YOUTUBE.COM WHEN I TOLD HIM I WANTED TO LOOK AT THE LAPTOP. HE GAVE ME THIS "HUFF' AND THIS "ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOOK" AND WISPER "FINE" AND WALKED AWAY.

I DO NOT NEED TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT WHEN I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER! AND IF IM NOT MISTAKEN SECURITY GUARD SHOULD BE PROTECTING THE STORE NOT SURFING THE WEB AND PISS OFF CUSTOMER!!!

SONY STYLE YOU NEED TO GET RID OF THIS SECURITY GUARD I AM TELLING YOU NOW IN THIS DESPERATE TIMES YOU ARE LOOKING CUSTOMER EVERYDAY BECAUSE OF GEORGE!!!
  21st of Jul, 2009
Delivery with FED-ex is to blame, Sony Style seems to agitate more than diffuse situations it sounds like, when providing customer services, or in the cases above a dis-service. I am more, voicing my situation.
I just order the Sony LFV-30 Refurbished for about 54$ shipped Free.
I very focused on details. So i watched as my order was placed, and watched for 3 days and saw the sale still pending, yet my CC was charged already. Something was wrong. No one from Sony, contacted me. this is a problem. I have to proactively watch my item, chat with advisor form Sony, call Customer service, which was fast and friendly, but with HEAVY? ACCENT. They apologized and the next the day the item is claimed to be shipped. Now we play the waiting game. Most likely 2 weeks it will be here.
Again the delays I assume come form Fed Ex, they normally take 7-10 days to get to me no matter where the item ships from. I know in this age of now, now, now, we want things right away.Fed ex is methodical, in their updates, tracking status and delivery. For me it seems, Items are tracked with a certain delivery time that always gets pushed back, ie, delivery set for 7/21/09, update item set for delivery 7/25/09. Although the items are protected, (better than UPS) but at a cost, a slower delivery.

Morale of the story.When there are important things that must meet a deadline, if not a document, DO NOT TRUST FED EX Delivery. They are like the COMCAST Cable of delivery time windows,
The flip side is, they do care about the item NOT being DAMAGED, which in my honest opinion should matter too.But my situation is this.I paid for an item at a servery reduced cost. I'm fine with whatever shipping time frame they choose, however am not fine with having to proactively seek my item and make sure its gonna be delivered.
Defiantly one of the reasons I choose newegg for all electronics.They Ship UPS, which is faster but damage to items can increase. They have facilities in multiple staes, making shipping extremely quick. I get items in 2-3 days flat.I live in NY.

From what i read above me.
The bottom line is this though without the customer, Sony Style is nothing.
They should definitely compensate the customer when they are clearly in the wrong.
Co
  30th of Sep, 2009
OH MY GOD. I think I have developed an ulcer dealing with this company...I'M NOT KIDDING. It is almost beyond comprehension how awful this company's customer service is. While the people are oh-so-nice to you, NOTHING THEY SAY GETS DONE WHATSOEVER. They lie and lie to you and tell you whatever you want to hear (just to get you off the phone with them). They are awful, I cancelled an order with them and have been waiting for a refund (not a small amount of money mind you), it's been way past the time it is supposed to take to credit my card and NOTHING. I call and call and keep being told "another 48 hours" and NOTHING. Each person I speak to promises "they are going to handle this situation personally" and send me an email update the next day and NOTHING. I seriously hope the entire Sony corporation burns down...I really hate them. I want my money back and I want to warn everyone else out there...PLEASE SPARE YOURSELF, do not order from this terrible company...you will regret it.
Ka
  30th of Sep, 2009
maybe some more details of what happened would be helpful.
Co
  30th of Sep, 2009
Here's all the details. I placed an order with them, then had to cancel a few hours later. They told me the item was already shipped, and it could not be cancelled. (The order actually shipped a full 2 days later as per their website.) So I had a bad taste in my mouth from the beginning. Anyway, I accepted that I could not cancel, and was tracking the package...then the day before it was supposed to arrive, it was cancelled while in transit. They had my cell and email, and I received NO notification that this was happening (I was told that there was no way it could be cancelled, and had to call Fedex to find out what had happened to the shipment!) So I never even received a package. They promised me 7 days after it reached the warehouse, my card would be credited. It's been close to a month and nothing. It's such shotty customer service and organization, I am very worried about actually getting my money back. They admit they did receive the package a couple of days after it was sent back...so there is no reason why I should not have my money back at this point. Everyone I talk to apologizes and says "I understand" but nothing gets done. I do not trust this company; I just want my money back so I never have to deal with them again.
Ho
  14th of Dec, 2009
i agree to you a 1000%. i had a similar experience. i bought a vaio notebook which was with a big discount and all that. but when i received the notebook i noticed that the optical drive (that plays discs). was a bit out of alignment and because this drive gets opened and closed a lot during the entire lifetime, i was worried that this defect might cause it to loose its alignment further.

so i asked them for a replacement. now here their shoddy service episode begins...

first of all they transferred me to the repair department. i had to yell at them to make them realize that i received this laptop a day ago and i am entitled for a replacement. so finally they agreed. i had to confirm with them 2-3 times that i wont be charged for the shipment.

they mentioned that i will receive a prepaid shipping label in my email in 48-72 hrs. i said thats fine with me but i need the replacement to be shipped asap cuz i am going on a vacation soon and wont be able to deal with this issue if i am not here. So in that call they said ok we will do that sir. and as if to show that they are very sincere she started pretending that she is making notes of that the replacement wont be a defective.

But the shipping label came into my email after 5 days. i asked them why did u not ship my replacement yet. Then these ###s mentioned that i need to give them the tracking number. so the research team with look into the issue and then the replacement will be shipped.

so now a new department comes into picture "the research team of sony style". frankly another bunch of ###s who probably just sit there and play "passing the parcel" with ur file.

and probably sony style customer service has just one phone instrument cuz i have already tried 15 times since morning to give them this freaking tracking number but i always get the same old message. all our representatives are assisting other. on a couple of calls i even waited for 10 minutes to get to a rep. but no good.

i just wanna slap the manager of the customer service department and kick his butt and hang him by his balls for the rest of his life.
Ya
  19th of Nov, 2010
Sony Style is really really doing a bad job when it comes to customer service and delivering the products in a timely matter
I have order a laptop that I am paying almost $2000.00 for . I placed my order on 10/24/10 and today 11/19/10 I have not received my product yet. Everytime I call the customer service center they have no clue on what is going with my order. Good luck speaking with supervisors they are always out or in a meeting. I wonder if the center we call is even located in the United States. They are wanting to give me $30.00 for the trouble when I paid close $2000.00. I told them that they can keep the $30.00 and improve their customer service with it. I own Sony camera, gaming systems, tv's and desktop I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER BUY ANYTHING SONY AGAIN.
AND TO TOP IT ALL THEY CAN'T GIVE ME ANY CREDIT BECAUSE THE ORDER HAS ALREADY LEFT THEIR WAREHOUSE BUT YET THEY CAN NOT PROVIDE ME WITH ANY TRACKING INFORMATION OR DELIVERY DATE. I call that ROBBERY !!! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS !!!
Ce
  20th of Dec, 2010
I ordered several Playstation 3 games from Sony Style USA in December 2009. (My company - a Fortune 100 company - has discounts with Sony Style). I placed my order online with no problem and gave them a valid AMEX card (which I used for all my Christmas shopping in 2009 - primarily online shopping - with no issues). My games arrived promptly. ONE YEAR LATER I see an unusual charge on my AMEX bill from Sony. Since I just ordered a television for Christmas, I called to ask why two Sony charges - of different amounts - were on my AMEX bill. That's when I find out that Sony Style had a "software glitch" that "preventing charging" in 2009. So with absolutely no notification, my credit card was charged one year later. I get ad emails from Sony Style several times a week, yet they couldn't notify me that their software was so poor that they couldn't charge me for one year???
Ma
  6th of Feb, 2011
I had a similar experience recently. I had originally purchased my PS3 from Sony Style in December 2009. About a year later I saw a charge on my credit card for about $32 from Sony Style. I even received an email from them saying that 'this charge had been delayed' when I made the original purchase. Then there was an email a few hours later saying that the amount in the previous email may not be what my credit will be charged!! This is all BS! My credit card was charged the entire amount the first time in 2009. I challenged this transaction with my credit card company and got my money back. They are just asking to be sued!!!

Sony Corporation Logo Sony Corporation