Sony Playstation 3 Console / Very unfriendly customer service

PlayStation.com
www.us.playstation.com

In last 10 months I have exchanged three( 3) Playstation3's and now i'm waiting on my 4th one. Problems with unit freezing and also shutting down while doing upgrades. Sony would only replace with refurbished units and NO refunds were accepted. Wrote a letter to SCEA but NO RESPONSE. Customer service replied that it's not they're problem and SONY is aware of the multiple issues but NO CHANGES have been made. I requested my money back and I was told they cannot do that. Been w/out the PS3 console for past 4 weeks. Very unfriendly customer service no matter what time of day you call.

Hope this helps for other consumers.

Very, very disappointed customer.

Va

Comments

11th of Mar, 2008

I think The Customer Service at Playstation 3 is the worse ever they give you a attitude before you explain the reason they are very unfriendly and not understanding they basically dont care about your situation and wont even give me a box to send with my Playstation that broke even when its under warranty in November 2007 I will never by any more Playstation products or systems ever again because of the customer service they should be audited on the way they treat buyers.

• De
      14th of Mar, 2008

I bought my ps3 in sept 07 and it's early march and i have to send a game back that i paid over 1000.00 with games and controllers. The customer service rep that I was dealing with was very unprofessional and unwilling to help . His name is Asher and he is a supervisor on the 800-345-7669 line. I'm already upset that after spending all this money I'm not satified with the system and service i'm gettting from sony. I would have bought an x box had i known in less than six months that i would send it in brand new and get a refurbished ps3. it's not fair to the customer to spend their money and then have to wait several weeks to get a used one. I will not let this matter rest cause sony really needs to get their customer service dept, and product together.

you would think with all the lawsuits from the ps2 that they would get it together for the ps3

A LONG TIME SONY SUPPORTOR NOT HAPPY AND THINKING OF NOT BUYING SONY PRODUCTS PS3

• Be
      17th of Mar, 2008

I'm having some serious problems with my ps3 as well. Started freezing while reading disks, sent it back, got a replacement which doesn't even read disks, in fact, it worked for about an hour after I got it. Now, I didn't have any trouble with the customer service. Contrary to the remarks above, I've thus far found them very helpful. However, it is B.S. that I have to send back a $500 purchase twice. I would have bought an XBox if I had known this would happen. Sony should be offering rebates or compensation for this crap. Does any one here know if a lawsuit has been started yet?

• Fk
      29th of Mar, 2009

I agree. Sent back the ps3 in Oct. 08 because it would not read discs. It is now March and I have to send it back again for the same problem but this time it freezes for log in as well. I paid $156.45 the first time and was told it was over 3 months ago and I would to pay the same again. Less than 6 months and I could almost bought a new one. I could have at least bought an Xbox. Yes, someone please let me know if there are any suggestions or lawsuits again Sony for the PS3.

• Bb
      12th of Jul, 2009

My PS3 won't spin any discs. This is a known issue with the PS3's and they still want me to pay $149 plus tax to fix the problem. Yet, their idea of fixing the problem is exchanging my PS3 for one that has been refurbished. I actually exchanged my XBox360 for this system because I thought I would find more games that I enjoy playing. (RPG's) WRONG! For $50 more I can buy a brand new XBox360. So, guess what I'm going to do, yep Microsoft has won me back. When I had a problem with their disc system they replaced it, no questions. The PS3 was a built to be a rip-off from the beginning. They were never upfront about the backwards compatibility. The wireless remote always freezes up. Their updates are even designed and released with extensive issues. The HD compatibility is great, however it also has issues of damaging the IP/OP terminals.

• Mi
      12th of Aug, 2009

I have been at with sony australia for just about all the reasons above. They refuse to sell me the part i need to get it up and running, they also refuse to sell any parts to thrid parties giving them a monopoly so the can charge $315AUD for a service. They are professionals at blaming other depts but refuse to put you thru to them. I hhave caught them out right lying to me over the phone. I used to LOVE sony stuff and the reason i bought a ps3 is bcos of this loyalty. NEVER AGAIN SONY! you have burnt me bad and i will never forgive you. FOR SHAME!

• Si
      9th of May, 2011

CAN YOU TELL ME AS A LONG TERM PLAYSTATION ONLINE USER WHEN THIS PROBLEM WILL BE SORTED NO DETAILS AV BEEN FORTHCOMING AS TO WHEN THE NETWORK WILL BE COMING BACK ONLINE I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK WITH HOLDING ANY IMFORMATIONS OF THIS PRESENT HACKING INTRUSEION PLEASE COULD YOU POST OR EMAIL CONSIRDED USER WITH YOUR FINDING AND YOUR REMMDEES PLESE MANY THANKS LONG TEM USER