Sony India / Faulty SONE LED EX52 - 40 inches

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased LED EX 52 - 40 inches from one of the distriputor in Jaipur in the month of Mar-11...during Sep-11 the LED got faulty and colours disappeared...as I have now moved to Gurgaon...compaint was lodged at call centre on 28 th Sep-11 vide complaint number is 8223146...this was informed to us that LED Panel need to be changed...this is very unfortunate that even after 25 days LED panel has not been changed...this has really washed out the image which we were carrying for SONY brand...Inspite SONY should have replaced the LED altogether...we are very sorry to state the even after making around 50 calls at call centre nothing has yet taken place...my contact number is [protected]...will request for early closure or replacement of the LED...

Comments

• So
      20th of Oct, 2011

Dear Sir,
    Hope your concern has been resolved now. For future communication on this concern, please call us at our official toll-free helpline at 1800-103-7799 or write to us at [protected]@ap.sony.com for assistance on your concerns. This is a third-party forum and will not help you in any way.

Regards,
    Sony India Team

• Sk
      13th of Mar, 2012

Deficiency in service
    Request for refund
    Please allow me bring to your kind attention harassment, mental agony caused by supplying reconditioned defective TV - under warranty up to July 2012 and indifferent, careless, callous, evasive attitude of SONY service team towards its customers.

I purchased a SONY TV. It had defective BG2BOARD . After protracted follow-up, Sony India replaced defective TV and vide Bill No.11154409 dated 12.5.11 charged Rs.23, 632 towards repair/replacement of defective LCD.
    At the time of installation itself, TV supplied by SONY vide Bill No.11154409 dated 12.5.11, it was brought to the notice of technician that there is problem in sound output. SONY INDIA. reacted that ' Itni Problem Nahin Hai' There is not much of problem. In other manner they agreed that there is problem in sound output. We were not reconciled why a new LED TV should have any problem with sound output.
    We also requested SONY INDIA to please check the problem and incase TV set had some defect to replace it. There was no response from SONY.
    However, instead of flaring up the matter, we consoled ourselves and reconciled with the quality of voice.
    Subsequently, Newpaper reports appeared about defect in LCD TVs supplied by Sony.It seems there is manufacturing defect in all the TVs supplied by SONY. But Sony instead of accepting the defect is indulging in denial and charging/fleecing its customers towards exorbitant repair charges.
    TV supplied by SONY developed same problem as that was in the old TV. Complaint complaint no.9552285 Dated 4.3.2012. followed by letter 5th March, 2012 was made. Service engineer advised that B- Board needs replacement. SONY informed that it will be repaired.
    Not satisfied with repairs to a brand new TV which is giving trouble, May I request you to please intervene and take necessary action on priority to take back defective TV and refund Rs. 91, 632 at the earliest.
    CA SKSINGHAL

• So
      11th of Jun, 2012

Dear Sir,

Regret the inconvenience caused. Our service team is already in touch with you for this issue, they have already shared the best possible solution with you.

Regards,
    Sony India Team

• Sk
      12th of Jun, 2012

SONY INDIA
    Sorry to inform complaint has still not been resolved.

• Li
      15th of Apr, 2014

Hi Sony India,
    I am facing the same issue with my EX52 40" TV. It has been more than 2yrs..i was enjoying the picture quality.. Just 2 months back i just lost the picture and i can see only 40% of the picture perfectly and all the rest are completely hazy. Contacted service centre and they have advised me to replace the LED panel. But again as i understand from this forum, this is not just a one time issue and i am
    not the only victim. All the yrs i have been a great fan/advocate of Sony for its quality. Now not sure if it will be worth to replace the Panel, if it is going to give me the same problem in another yr or two. Since the Panel is very costly, Probably the alternative will be look out another brand new model... But again Sony live in our sentiment now and it is difficult now to move out from Sony. Can you pls kindly suggest how best you can help me if at all ? Any quick response may be a good help. Thx & Regd - Lipun Mohapatra

• Na
      11th of Jul, 2014

hi
    i have brought my LED EX 52 in 2012, Even i am facing the same problem with it. Kindly let me know what can be done.

regards

• Ab
      13th of Jul, 2014

I have a similar problem as the mentioned ones. I had purchased Sony 40 inch LED EX52. in earl from one of the dealers in bangalore. The TV functioned well till 1.5 year from the purchased date. after that I started facing problem and went to the worst extent. The colour started diminishing now we are just seeing the faint picture with yellow Colour across the display area.We are cursing for buying such a TV .Complaints were raised With the dealer and the sony call centre. The team inspected just to tell that the display panel has to be replaced. I was shocked to know how could such a thing happen in just 2 years after investing money in such a top brand product. I need a sensible reply to This mail. I hope sony india understands the situation and should rePlace the Faulty units. Now

• Su
      5th of Aug, 2014

I have the similar problem after 2 years. It seems to be a common problem for SONY LED. We purchase SONY brand not only for best quality but reliability as well. But there seems a big big manufacturing defect which is getting banged on customers. Repair is also too costly which makes really dissatisfied though I do not find a way out than repairing from your service centre. I am planning to get it repaired and then sell it off.

12th of Oct, 2014

Dear All - Even I have faced similar issue with my EX52 model which is off 3.4 years old, all of sudden green color appeared. I have sent 2 e-mails to Sony India and few mgnt people abroad, I haven't got any proper answer/response from Sony. I am really sorry to say but after investing 64, 000 INR I am asked to replace the display panel which is of 23k. Again I haven't received any proper answer for failure. Please don't buy atleast Sony Televisions in near future.