Sony India / No online registration for cameras!

India Review updated:
4.7
Hi,

I two weeks back i purchased sony DSC W80 digital camera. When i tried to register my product online http://sony.co.in or any sony domain, observed that for other than india, all countries have provision for online registration but not products bought in india why???

Its nothing but negligence of sony towards indian consumers?
Ki

Comments

Ni
  14th of Jul, 2008
refer my earlier communication. My camera is with
Chaitanya Electronics Pimpri
Pune

my job no. with them is CE46383
Ru
  22nd of Feb, 2009
Hi,
I Strongly support the comment of my fellow customer of SONY Cameras. Even I purchased a SONY CYBERSHOT DSC W220 (12.1MP)on 17th February, 2009, and tried to register my product as i usually do for every purchased product. But I was shocked to find no provision for product registration in SONY India domain. For a Brand like SONY, this i feel is a severe issue in terms of Customer Handling, and should be actioned seriously as early as possible, so that we, in India can retain our trust and confidence in SONY products.
Su
  25th of May, 2009
Hi,
Well said. Even I am suffering from the same. I purchased a SONY CYBERSHOT DSC W210 (12.1MP)on 10th March, 2009, from Singapore and want to cover my International Warrant but I find no provision for product registration in SONY India. Its a same for SONY and complete ignorance for the consumer in INDIA. i don't
want to keep any further transaction with SONY. its my first and last mistake and i have already paid price for it. thanks to SONY who taught me from whom i need to keep relation as a buyer.
Su
  27th of May, 2009
Its very surprising that there is no provision for product registration. I purchased a handycam DCR-HC54E in March 2009 and tried to register the same in SONY INDIA.

I hope that Sony India will take care of this drawback and initiate the action on it to stop the diversion of its coustomers.
Ra
  18th of Jun, 2009
yes, indeed! there must be a look into this matter by the sony officials as product cannot be registered from india.
Sa
  14th of Jul, 2009
Yes there is no provision for product registration. I purchased a Digital Cam DSC W-180 series last week (July 2009 ) and tried to register the same in SONY INDIA.
Mi
  7th of Aug, 2009
Hi,

one weeks back i purchased sony DSC W-190 digital camera. When i tried to register my product online http://sony.co.in or any sony domain, observed that for other than india, all countries have provision for online registration
Na
  14th of Aug, 2009
Hi,

Even I am suffering from the same. I purchased a SONY H50, from USA and want to cover my International Warranty but I find no provision for product registration in SONY India... Now i am loosing Faith in SONY to by Now onward...
Sh
  23rd of Mar, 2010
Hi Everyone thank you for the info as I was not aware that there is no provision for product registration in SONY India. I purchased a SONY W190 Digital Camera, from Hyderabd and want to cover my International Warranty but I find no provision for product registration in SONY India... Now i am loosing Faith in SONY...SHIVA KUMAR
Aj
  24th of May, 2010
This really is shocking. Even i was surprised to see that there is no provision on Sony India Website for registering the products. I recently purchased DCR SR68E and wanted to register it. But then came to know that they donot have registration facility for India.
Sh
  27th of Nov, 2010
PLZZ TELL ME HOW N WHERE I CAN REGISTER MY " SONY W320 SYBERSHOT DIGITAL CAMERA" .I PURCHASED IT ON 26/11/2010
Me
  23rd of Jan, 2011
Yesterday (i.e. on 22/01/11) i purchased Handycam (HDR-XR550E) & for its registration when visited the sony product registration portal, it was found that INDIA is not listed for registration !! Just shocked !! Is this a kind of service sony provides for Indian customers??
Pr
  11th of Mar, 2011
Hi,
I Strongly support the comment of my fellow customer of SONY Cameras.
Even I purchased a SONY CYBERSHOT DSC T99 (14.1MP)on and tried to register my product as i usually do for every purchased product.
Regards,
Laxman
Sa
  21st of Jun, 2012
Sir:
I had purchased a Sony Blue Ray on 08-09-2010 with model No: HBD E-870 and with serial No: 3351754 as your dealer in Changanacherry M/s Bluemoon highly recommends abut this product. As one of his regular customer I had taken your product but on 5-3-2012 the center speaker (model no: SSCTB101 and serial no: 0006501) was not working and registered complaint with your service center in Thiruvalla. After several phone calls and service center visits I got a new speaker (model no: SSCTB101 and serial no: 0015214) on 29-3-2012 and charged Rs. 1450/- with bill No: 3385. Again on 18-6-2012 the same complaint again happened with the center speaker. I have given complaint on 18-6-2012 (complaint no: 8395). Mr. Krishnan Unni your service in charge of Thiruvalla service centre spoke to me very badly and he says that the complaint happened because I have used the home theatre with 95% of sound and asked very unnecessary questions. I already met your retailer M/S Bluemoon and explained him about the service centre dealings to customers. As the effort from the retailers side one person Mr. Arun visited my home and taken photographs of the blueray and said he will intimate me after a week.
dont buy any prooducts of sony poor service madonna thiruvalla
Km
  2nd of May, 2013
Hi, My Vaio Laptop often freezes.When i serviced it they said me that is an OS issue and made a Factory OS Install.Then the Laptop works fine for 2 months and then the same problem arises. They don't listen to my comments . Just simply say that is a Operating system issue.

Sony India Logo Sony India