Sony Handycam DCR HC21E / LCD went blank

1 Nepal Review updated:

I purchased this product at kathmandu nepa hima trade links pvt ltd in nov 2005 warranty certificate 8060 serial no. 1326244. I have been using the camcorder since then but not regularly only on occasions. Yesterday all on a sudden the lcd went blank. No display absolutely. The product never fell from hands and no kind of rough handling has been done in the past. Although the touch panel seems to be functioning it is of no use since there is no display. No light on the screen, so cant make out anything. I am very upset and surprised about the reliability of this product.

Comments

• Al
      12th of Sep, 2008

Mine also bought in 2005, never had any rough experience on it. but currently the LCD is blank.

I wonder, why the reliability of this product only for 3 years?

What is the real problem? Anyone knows? Due to I will fix it this weekend and don't want to get fooled by the service center.

• Ms
      21st of Jun, 2011

My Sony handycam DCR-HC21E bought in 2005, never had any rough experience on it. but currently the LCD is blank.
    I wonder, why the reliability of this product only for 3 years?