Sony GPS / rd.ca/gps contest

1 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

Isn't this interesting. I open my new issue of Reader's Digest to find enclosed an entry to go to www.rd.ca/gps and to HURRY, the draw closes February 28, 2009, to find this does not exist. I am extremely disappointed as I have found Reader's Digest to be accountable and a reliable source of information. Is my trust misplaced?? Would someone please reply as to the context of this contest and whether other contests from Reader's Digest can be trusted!

Comments

• De
      16th of Jan, 2009

This is at least the fourth time I have tried to enter a contest on your web site----with little to no luck. Will not enter a contest ever again. I have lost faith in Reader's Digest!!! Seems it is like a scam to order readers' digest for your family and friends. If this is to continue I will after all these years cancel my reader's digest.

• Sh
      16th of Jan, 2009

I HAVE HAD SIMILAR RESULTS TRYING TO ENTER READER'S DIGEST CONTEST. yOU GO TO THE WEB SITE TO ENTER AND THE SITE DOES NOT EXIST

16th of Jan, 2009

I too have been trying to enter RD contests and have not been successful. What is going on?

• Da
      16th of Jan, 2009

No site for GPS contest, have tried other contests with no luck, do any exist?o6e

• Di
      17th of Jan, 2009

You need to enter the URL into your browswer as https://secure.readersdigest.ca/gps and it will take you directly there.

• Ca
      20th of Jan, 2009

I have tried to enter your contests and it never happens.Your web site is to hard to understand .If you are having free things to try for then make it easy.To much of this and you are going to get a bad name as a company

Yours truly

Carol Mercer Ont.Canada

22nd of Jan, 2009

Thats got me thinking about other contest which Readers Digest has are they fake also, and just a front to get you to subscrbe to the Magazine.

• Ba
      24th of Jan, 2009

i too am a regilar readers digest fan. i too agree it is a scam.does anyone really win anything.its doubtful.they promise it all, if you buy their products.they shouldnt put stuff like this in there books if their not going to be good by it.guess ill quit their books too after mine runs out.barbwhite

• Co
      25th of Jan, 2009

I tried "https://secure.readersdigest.ca/gps" site and it took me back here.
    We have cancelled our subsciption and another gift subscription over this and other issues with RD such as unordered publications showing up in the mail. It was never Canadian anyway, just a poor cousin to the great american propoganda machine.

• Sc
      27th of Jan, 2009

i have been regular RD customer for a long time.lately all it is "enter our contests" and buy more books.little did i realize that when i have entered a contest was i also ordering a magazine of some kind that i know i'd never read.and then to try find the gps site-yeah right.well RD i guess the only way i will get satisfaction to to totally end my subscription and i won't have the aggrevation any more.

• Ga
      27th of Jan, 2009

I typed the web address into the address box of my web browser and had no problem getting to the page. The issue I fell many of you have is that you are using a search engine (eg: google, yahoo, etc.) to get to the website. But I may be wrong I hope this has helped someone. :-)

• Mr
      28th of Jan, 2009

i was getting suspicious about rd contests always wanting you to order something. If there is a winner that comes from sending in a "NO" envelope - then I might believe it!!
    Mrs Shore

• By
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I to cannot find website for your GPS contest. What isthis a scamm

• Li
      13th of Feb, 2009

where do i put access code

• Ga
      19th of Feb, 2009

I feel bad for you guys you have to pay attention to Dianne up in Comments I did and I got it right. Please do it You won't be sorry. U may even win Good luck every one!!! Gail from New Brunswick

• Br
      22nd of Feb, 2009

I FINALLY TOOK THE TIME TO GO ON LINE TO REGISTER. THIS MUST BE AN OVERSITE. I SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT WE WOULD NOT BE SCAMMED. I COULD SURE USE A GPS AS I HAVE A HUSBAND THAT DOES NOT LIKE TO STOP FOR DIRECTIONS. WHAT A FABULOUS GIFT. I WAS REALLY HOPING TO WIN THIS GPS FOR MY HUSBAND. I GUESS I HAVE TO GO BACK TO A STUBBORN GUY WHO DOES NOT LIKE TO ASK DIRECTIONS...OOPS. PERHAPS THERE WAS AN ERROR BY THEIR IT DIVISION. THEY WOULD NOT SCAM US. NO WAY...

• Ke
      26th of Feb, 2009

Being a newbie to the computer age...I decided to enter my first contest online, and it turns out that it might be a scam. Thanks for the introduction to the computer age reader's digest. I've been a long time reader and subscriber, I thought they might be above it all... thanks again.