Sony Ericsson Z520i / Defective handset, sick response from company!

I had purchased a Z520i mobile from Ranchi in November 2005 and the cell undergone a fault in august 2006 but the service center i.e. Byte Shoppe at Kadru, Ranchi, Jharkhand did not accept the set for servicing and ultimately they took it in October 2006. After the repairing of the set i used it for say seven days or so in the month of feb 2007 and the set again broke down on the 7th of feb 2007 and the set was taken by the service center on the 8th of feb for repairing. Now, i have sent several mails to the company, had a talk on the no [protected], [protected](mr Ranjan), [protected] (mr Pinaki, kolkata) and [protected](local service center no) several times but the feedback is ridiculous. the service centre is not bothered to talk to me. they say that i would get back the handset whenever it comes may be 6 months or so.none of the company personnels is giving response. I had to purchase a new mobile set because i am not getting back my set from sony ericsson. Through mails the company says that they are sorry for the inconvenience cause and thats it. Very bad mobile and service!

A  11th of Apr, 2007 by
The company should give a new handset to Mr Shanker Saboo.
A  11th of Apr, 2007 by
Undoubtedly he deserves a new handset. The company should give proper service to the customers.
New z520i is a must for the complainant
A  14th of Nov, 2007 by
Sony Ericsson service sucks. I myself and my friend had bitter experience at Compcare, Jayanagar, Bangalore. I have posted my experiences at

Interesting part of Sony Ericsson support in India is, they do not seem to be having an contact office in India! (At least I could not trace any). So, people can not file any case against them at Consumer Redressal Forums.

But, I am initiating this task of propagating Sony Ericsson's indifferent attitude to its consumers and SE not having India contact office. People should stop buying the products of such companies who do not have a contact office in India. So, legally they are hiding from issues of poor consumer support.

Let us all generate the public awareness on this. We should not buy goods, which are not properly supported in India. We have to send mails to our friends on these issues and post in all forums.

I have lost few thousand Rs due to Sony Ericsson poor support. Now, I would spend few more thousand Rs and I will start an exclusive blog site on Sony Ericsson woes (probably sonyericssonwoes.somthing :) ) which should draw international attention.

Consumer Activist