Sony Bravia TV / Sony Completely Unresponsive

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Contacted Sony Customer Service back in July and complained about the amazing loud bellowing tone made by the TV when turned on. They admitted to receiving many complaints and said they would immediately send me a software driver to plug into the tv that would disable that annoying sound. By end of August had not received it ... so again contacted Sony and was advised it had never been sent! Was assured that delivery of it would be expedited that day. Called again today, September 23rd, still having not received it ... and was tossed around from person to person, department to department with no success (everyone claiming they were not the correct department to handle it). After circling continously all Sony's departments for help, sales, customer service, order status, technical support ... I went on line to rewrite my email with of course the lengthy data they required only to be told upon submitting it to them ... THEIR WEBSITE IS UNAVAILABLE. SHAME ON YOU SONY!

Here's just one example of Sony's NOT addressing the issue (containing yet another site for me to get assistance on that IS UNAVAILABLE):

Marilyn,

I'm sorry to know that you've not yet received the firmware update for the TV. I understand that you have already called customer service to order the update multiple times.

Our goal at Sony is to provide excellent customer service. Communication regarding such concerns are strictly handled by our Customer Relations Team and I would advise you to contact them again. If you feel that your situation is not being properly addressed by your customer service agent, you may ask that your conversation be escalated to the next level of support.

Please feel free to contact me in the future for any product information, troubleshooting or technical assistance.

Thank you for your time.

The Sony Email Response Team

Western Australia
    Australia
    Phone: 94054205
    teasterb@bigpond.net.au

I purchased a Sony Bravia TV from Harvey Norman Joondalup Store in 2008 along with the extended warranty. About four weeks ago the TV went black on one side of the image. I contacted the warranty department who organised a local TV repair firm to fix the proble. After a week I cintacted the Repair Firm who said that they were waiting for a part to fix my TV. I said no one had been out to look at the TV. They informed me that the problem with my TV was a common problem. It has been four weeks since I reported the problem with my TV and nothing has been done. How much longer do I have to wait as I have lost a month out of my warranty just waiting for a part, so they say?