Sony Bravia / Defective NEW Merchandise

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Simply put I was a victim of Conns. I purchased a television late Friday night (2/27) but against my better judgment. I was lured in by the great deal and a limited number in stock; I felt I had to take advantage immediately. (I felt uneasy about the purchase but it really was a good deal for a 1080p 32in) Well my job and family keeps me busy (son's 3rd birthday on the 27th and the party on Sunday), so I failed to open the box until Saturday night and actually turned the TV on Sunday night. Well to my surprise the picture was terrible so I contacted my cousin, proclaimed expert in electronics and cars. He was shocked at the fact the merchandise was defective because he has the same TV only bigger and considers it a great product. Listen, defective merchandise happens and I believe that Sony is a great company but Conns is not. After this discovery I took the television back to Conns but was told that there is nothing they could do because they were out of stock and it has to be returned within 24 hours for a fast resolution. Then if I just returned the product they would charge me a restocking fee at 15%! Oh, I forgot about the great offer they made, I can upgrade to fix the probably but I would have to pay the difference of the price! Well to say the least I am upset. I have to wait on their so-called service department to come to my home to ATTEMPT to repair something that’s supposed to be new. So now I am basically being forced to pay for something that I can not use and then depend on these repair guys to fix something that the maker obviously got wrong. For all of you out there I have a 32in paper weight in my home! The gentleman who originally helped me in the store seemed very concerned and disappointed, but his managers were not. You would think that Conns would at least attempt to contact another Conns in the area to retrieve another TV but that didn’t even cross their minds. Now hear comes the kicker, I got word while in the store that one of the managers actually had the last one in stock reserved for her in the back of the store. WOW! I know that they have a right to purchase items like any other consumer but that sucks! I am more than disappointed with Conns and would suggest severe caution when dealing with Conns. I am going to annoy every person within the Conns organization which may accomplish zero but at least I will feel better.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Al
      2nd of Apr, 2009

you are so correct. i had the same problem with a compaq computer from them. it was defective from the day i brought it home. i sent it back and forth for service. And almost everyother time, they would find something they claim was not under the warranty. this last time the programs wouldn't open and no internet access. explained all this to the store rep, so they could send in for service. that was on august 23th of 2008. they kept the laptop until October of 2008. with no repairs done. then the service tech claimed he called and someone was playing on the phone. i had my main number and an alternative number. no one ever called the main number. then to add insult they used masking tape across the top and wrote on it with a black perm market: "that computer had spillage and if i wanted it repaired i had to pre-pay $689 in the store before returning it. HA. the defective computer never worked from the day i brought it home. I paid $699 for it brand new. i informed the store location manager about this and he suggested i send it back to the service tech and ask the service tech manager to contact me. well, it's been seven months and i have not heard from a store manager or a tech person. i purchased an extended warranty for $300 extra. So, since the managers continued to ignore getting back with me about this problem. I stopped making payments on the account in January of 2009. And on March 3, 2009 the legal department sent me a letter advising me that they would excelarate the loan payments as a default if i did not respond to them within 30days. the letter was dated March 3, 2009 and i did not receive it until after March 15th. I don't know about you all. But, I am not paying for a defective product that the store managers refuse to address and will seek legal actions. i also, did not except the computer after they once again sent it back to the store without repairing it. it is still in the store now. so the way i look at it, conn's can accept their lost for the sale and kept the damage computer and i will accept my lost of the $200 down payment and payments i made on that computer. since they took over seven months with no resolution to this problem, i don't even at this point want any more products form them! their service is crappy and their employee and store managers are a joke. if you are not buying something new, they will not waste their time or attention on assisting you with a bad product you purchased from them. they will just continue to give you the run around.