soniccameras.com / Terrible Customer Service

1 3505 QUENTIN RDMARINE PARK, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18884504111

I found a camera package that I have been shopping for lately, and the deal was too good to be true. $1099 for a Canon 40D with TWO lenses, wide and tele. The lenses alone go for $500 and $1000 respectively, plus $1000 for the camera, USED at a reputable company. I called to confirm the Canon model number of each of the lenses, and the rep told me he didn't have that information. I asked why I would buy it from him then if I didn't know what I was really getting. He said he didn't care. So I asked what complaint service i should report him to, he said I could go ahead and call the BBB. So I will. He was very rude. I can't imagine being so rude and dishonest.

Comments

• Th
      30th of Dec, 2008
    soniccameras.com - Bad Customer Service
    SonicCameras.com
    New York
    soniccameras.com

Like many others, I found a good deal and made the purchace online, after reading their website description about their great customer service. The next morning, I got "the call" -- except I wasn't in the office. Daniel called to talk to me about my order, and when my office tried to get a return number so I could call him back, he told my stafff “it was too much work and he was just going to cancel your order.” My office explained they would reach me and I could call him right back, and he said “no, he had 400 other people to deal with.”

I called back, got customer service and the "gentleman" I reached said the order was cancelled, so he had no way to see what it was that I ordered or do anything about it. I asked for a supervisor, and he told me to call back later and that he couldn’t take a message. When I told him that did not sound like good customer service, he said “what a dip” and hung up on me.

I guess, after reading all the other compliants, I actually got lucky. They were only rude to me and cancelled the order.

• Nh
    MARINE PARK
    New York
    Phone: 800-450-4111
    soniccameras.com

I thought I had a deal when I found a Canon EF 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 lens listed on their website for $439.00 + free shipping. I placed the order and immediately received an email confirming the order was received with an order number; however, there was no description of the product I was purchasing. 2--days later I receive the following email:

This email is to confirm receipt of your online order with us. For your security, please call us at 1-888-450-4111, Option 1 to provide a verbal confirmation so that we can ship out your order. If you have already called and confirmed your order, you may disregard this request.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Sincerely,
    Sonic Cameras.com

After waiting over 20-minutes on hold; "Bill" gets on the phone, tells me he will speed up my shipping for no extra charge for the wait and asks me for the 3-digit code from my credit card. I give him the information and asked what kind of camera I have, so I tell him, and he proceeds to tell me that the lens I ordered is not meant for a digital camera; the one I need is $499. Obviously, something is not right so I ask him why his website tells me that the one I ordered is listed under "digital camera lenses"? Basically, he says that it doesn't matter since he does not have either of the lenses in stock and I should cancel my order.

This fraudster now has my credit card, the 3-digit security code and my contact information. My guess is that they are selling information. I wish I found this site sooner...

• Wi
      24th of Feb, 2009

I completely agree. I ordered a Nikon D80 at a 'steal' of a price. A couple days after my order I received an email to call and confirm. I did and he said he needed the 3-digit code for processing... which I gave him. He said everything looked good and it would be shipped the next day.

Two days later I received an email canceling my order. So, still unaware this was a blatant scam, I found a good deal from them on a Nikon D40x and ordered it. Same thing happened, called to confirm, gave my 3 digit code to process, was told to buy all kinds of accessories I did not need and when I told them I did not need all that, he said it would be 6-8 weeks before he shipped it even though I ordered express 4 day shipment.

I found another deal on another (legitimate site) with a faster shipment and ordered it. I called to cancel my order and after the man answered, I told him I was cancelling my order. He asked for the Order # which I gave him and said, I can do that, then hung up the phone... no verification of my name, address, phone number, why I am cancelling or anything.

I believe like some others that this is a blatant scam and they are collecting and selling credit card information for a future attack.

I have since called and cancelled my credit card to prevent these jokers from frauding me.

BE VERY CAREFUL... DO NOT ORDER FROM SONIC CAMERAS