SONIC JAVA CHILLER/SERVICE / CRAPPY PRODUCT CRAPPY SERVICE

1 Bella Vista, AR, United States Review updated:

I used go to SONIC drive-in in Bella Vista, AR on a regular basis. It USED (notice how I have said "used") to be the best place to go and they always got your order right and if they did make a boo-boo you got a sincere apology and either your meal free or a discount or even coupons for other products or meals. Somehow, they always made it fair and right. Managers USED to know how to manage the place.

Of late, not so. I have no clue who the newer management is -but there has to be someone in the past few months because they always, always screw things up and rarely offer a sincere apology.

I won't be going there again -I used to go and pick up Large JAVA Chillers on a regular basis and usually a few times a month I'd even go and buy my fellow co-workers a tasty chiller for our break. I was totally addicted to them after having one in Anderson, Missouri at their SONIC DRIVE-IN.

Last Sunday (August 30, 2008) around 8 PM I dropped by to pick up my usuals: a Large Mocha Java Chiller for my husband and Large Java Chiller (no flavoring, just the coffee) for me. The carhop came out and handed us the chillers and I asked her "Where are the straws?" OOPS! Yeah, I'm going to snort those puppies not slurp?

While she goes in to get the straws I look at my Chiller as it feels so light and like there's nothing in my cup and think "Holy smokes, my treat is hardly filled HALF way and has whip-topping over it to cover it up -my husband's felt heavy and was fine. In the mean time, our chillers are melting -it's about 95 degrees that day and we are still waiting. She's taking food out to others... and I finally ring the sonic button again and say "Hey, the car-hop is suppose to bring us some straws????" OOOOH, I am so sorry okay... once again, she proceeds to take food to the next person and THEN she brings me the straws she now forgot TWICE. When she arrives I scold her in a nice way (at first) and request that she be more thoughtful and or if this is her first day to remember "take good care of your customers and you get good tips" ...I look at her and said "Look at my chiller I scoop back the whip topping and show her that is barely even half full and covered up with topping. She says "Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want me to fix that?" I thought GOOD LORD YES you idiot. I've only waited now a good 20 minutes (no exaggeration) as it is -what's another twenty minutes?

So, yesterday comes around for our Sunday After Bowling treat 8 PM (Sept 8, 2008) and and we try it once again -thinking that it might be a fluke or a newbie that screwed up last week?? correct??? Not so. This time BOTH java chillers are skimped below half full and topped with tons of whip topping. I ask the young car hop WHO is making these and she played dumb. This is going to be her career for life with her dumbness... "The night girl that closes" she said... I said, "Uh, huh... yes, I figured that, deary, since it is close to closing time in two hours. What is her name? Did she work last Sunday?" She said "I don't know her name and I have no clue if she worked Sunday" hmmm "YOU DO NOT KNOW HER NAME? You're a liar and a cheat, " I mumbled under my breath.

I looked at her and said "Play dumb all you want young lady and you will go far in this world." I will never go back and needless to say they did not receive a tip two of my trips in a row? How sad -what has happened to customer service and real care for a business? I wonder.

I won't go back until I see "Under New Management" there, that will help my diet at least. Heh!

Comments

• Ti
      31st of Oct, 2008

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, I WOULD OF BEEN PISSED OFF TOO ABOUT THE JAVA CHILLERS. LOL! BUT ANYWAY, YOU ARE NEVER SUPPOSE TO ASK A CARHOP ABOUT SOMEONE INSIDE. CAUSE GUESS WHAT? WE'RE NOT GONNA TELL YOU ANYTHING. THAT'S NOT OUR JOB. WE ARE ONLY THERE TO SERVE YOUR FOOD TO YOU AND TAKE YOUR MONEY. IF YOU HAD A CONCERN ABOUT SOMETHING OR SOMEONE INSIDE, YOU COULD OF GOTTEN YOUR ### OFF THE CAR AND WENT INSIDE TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER OR SOMETHING. I'M SURE THEY WOULD OF HELPED YOU OUT IN SOME WAY. :) OBVIOUSLY THIS IS MY OPINION, IF U DONT AGREE, IT'S OKAY.

13th of Apr, 2009

While I understand why you were upset, the person above me is right. Carhops are never supposed to give out any information about other employees. There are a lot of weirdos out there. So she might not have been displaying her "dumbness" as you put it.

4th of Jul, 2009

whatever you people need to just shutup about other people because if you think that you can do it better then go do it. and if you complaining about not enough liquid in it then ask for NO WHIPPED CREAM thats what i do. sounds like you need some sense as well.

• Dh
      19th of Dec, 2009

Everyone here is correct. The nice lady who received incorrectly made product is right for complaining. She received a substandard product. The employee was correct for not sharing info as it is against standard operating procedure and a violation of safety and security.

However, never enter a drive-in. It is against procedures and you should be asked to step outside. That is a serious violation to safety and security and the management does have the option to report you to the police as a potential threat to employees.

David