Sonic Drive Inn / false advertising

1 Huntsville, AR, United States Review updated:

I went to Sonic today and ordered my daughter a stawberry malt at about 2:30, which their Happy Hour starts at 2:00 and runs till 4:00. Under the Happy Hour sign offering their drinks at 1/2 price they have a large sign showing their drinks like the slushys, sodas, lime aid, shakes and malts, floats, ect. but they charged my full price for the malt. The manager argued that the 1/2 price Happy Hour only applyed to serten drinks. I told him his sign is falsely advertising all the drinks which is illigal and he can be sued for that, but told me drink was still full price. So warn you Sonic lies about their prices. (BEWARE THEY WILL CHEAT YOU!!!)

Comments

• Xe
      19th of Mar, 2009

Hi,
    I work for Sonic Drive-In and have so for 2 years. I was a part of the company when Happy Hour started and since it's launch the advertisements have only claimed half price "fountain drinks, slushes, and limeaids." Any product containing ice cream will not be given half price, period. This includes sundaes, blasts, cream slushes, shakes, etcetera.
    I hope this helps.
    This isn't false advertisement.

13th of Apr, 2009

You read the sign wrong. It says that Happy Hour only applies to fountain drinks, slushes, and malts. It's not the manager's fault that you don't know how to read.

14th of Apr, 2009

*fountain drinks, slushes, and limeades

• Tr
      26th of May, 2009

Right that's what the sign says, but it took us 5 minutes to locate it on one of the modulars.

It also doesn't cover water, for those who desire water, which used to be free. :)

30th of May, 2009

Your wrong... It's only fountain drinks, and slushes... not MALTS! Idiot.

• Dh
      19th of Dec, 2009

FYI Tracy,

When you purchase water you are not paying for the water, you are paying for the cup, lid and straw which do cost us money to produce. Therefore, like every other company operating today, we pass that cost onto the consumer so we can make money. Believe me, we don't make that much off of your .30 cent water!

Anna,

The commercials and signage have always very clearly stated in BIG BOLD LETTERS that Happy Hour, from 2pm-4pm, is for soft drinks, teas, and slushes - NOT MALTS!

• Sp
      14th of Jan, 2010

First of all it's called spell check, do they not have that in Huntsville, Arkansas? The sign does say specifically what it is for, and it doesn't say MALTS! Not false advertising just consumers failing to read the signs correctly, but not a surprise here.