Sonic Drive - Indid not give us our order

Me and my finance and our roommate decided to eat at Sonic's on the fourth of July, little did we know that this would be a huge mistake. After waiting at my car for 40 minutes and not receiving our order, we pressed the red button and asked about our order and they said it was on its way. After another 15 minutes we went up to the door and our waitress said that the order had been canceled because we weren't at our car, however we had been waiting by the car for the whole time! So then they said we would have to replace the order, which we did and waited another 15 minutes and my roommate then went to talk to them and they said the food was on its way. 5 minutes later and another women came out to our car and said the waitress was looking for our car to deliver the food.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Radford, VAFinally the waitress arrives with our food and I ask her to talk to the manager and tell her that I really don't think I should have to pay for this food again, she tells me that it was discussed with their manager and that because we were supposedly not at our car a half and hour ago it is not their fault. I tell her that I will not be coming back to sonic and that I will be filing a complaint. After I leave the drive-in and arrive at my apartment we find that our order was in fact wrong. I did not receive a refund either after I drove back to sonic to get the right burger. As I was waiting for my replacement burger, I see the waitress we had just had say "Get that woman out of her!" . This is by far the worst service I have ever received anywhere. Do not go to the Sonic Drive-In in Radford Virginia!

Me

Comments

•   Oct 17, 2008
    Sonic Drive - In - worst sonic driver-in ever!
    Nevada
    Missouri

Why can't they get the order right?

Last night at our local Sonic Drive-in in Nevada, MO, and my family decided to try their Angus Burgers.

We placed the order and in a reasonable length of time they brought us our food. Not only was the meat cool and under cooked, but they hadn't filled the order correctly. We called to complain, they sent out a new sack of more of the wrong stuff, still cold.

The third time we ordered our food, the assistant night manager refunded our money and basically asked us to leave. He was rude, even though we explained that we had never gotten what we had ordered.

His only comment was that he had prepared the food himself. I am so very happy for him, it still wasn't correct.

I personally know the owner so I know nothing will ever get done about it. He could care less about his customers.

I personally will never return to this drive-in and I may never stop at any other Sonics for that matter either.

Nov 08, 2008

I just hurried to Sonic to get a couple foot long coneys for the football game. They taste so bad I can't even eat them. So salty they are uneatable. They can keep their Sonic food in Glenpool, Oklahoma because I'm not going back.

John Covey
    12817 South Elgin
    Jenks, Oklahoma 74037

• Ro
      Jan 27, 2009

Why cant they get rid of there thousands of cockroaches out of there store.Every day at sonic in stigler oklahoma i see thousands of bugs crawling around there store because they never get my order right i have to take back in to them and wen i take my stuff back in there i see a bunch of bugs and thats just nasty. I think they should be shut down so please atleast come check it out for me.

• Ko
      Apr 13, 2009

Wow if you see roaches in there then why do you go back? that's stupid...and judging by your comment, you seem to continuously go back...so that's you're problem

• Wa
      Jun 01, 2009
    Sonic Drive - In - poor customer treatment
    Sonic Drive-In

Sonic drive in located on 29th and shields Oklahoma city, Oklahoma did not answer the drive thru and when we pulled up to the window was ignored although a girl with headphones on was at the counter and looked out of the drive-thru window at us and turned around and kept talking to another employee. We waited and she turned again to look at us and kept talking. We waited alitlle longer and left. It was the worst service I have ever seen and have never been treated that poorly at any drive-thru restaurant ever.

• Mo
      Jun 15, 2009

That really sucks, I would have knocked on the glass to ask for a manager.

• Su
      Jun 19, 2009

Damned car-hops.

• Mo
      Jun 19, 2009

THAT is funny phillypower! lmao!

• Mi
      Sep 11, 2009

OMG please grow up phillypower! Get a job or maybe even get a life and you might realize you are too grown up for immature drive-thru games. At least we can hope you'd realize that. Unless you are 16 then go for it!

• Dj
      Oct 25, 2009
    Sonic Drive - In - coupons
    2800 S. May Ave
    Oklahoma City
    Oklahoma

I went to this Sonic because its practically across the street from where I live and have done so for years, I had 2 coupons one for the Wacky Pack $1.99 and the other Brown Bag Specical $6.99. They refused the $6.99 coupon I got home my husband called and spoke to the manager who told him we are a franchise store and we do not have to honor anything. Well needless to say coupon or not part of her paycheck just drove off!

Nov 08, 2009

Sonic will definitely not get another dime from me! Too, I can't find a mailing address to send a letter thoroughly explaining why I'll never dine there, again!

Jan 11, 2010

You'll notice on the coupon it says "only at participating sonic locations." It also says to mention the coupon when ordering. Coupons go out nationwide. Every sonic is a franchise and have the option to participate. You've been going there for years and now you're opting out of going due to your own lack of reading ability.

Andrea- You can't find the mailing address? Try google. Better yet, its at the top of this page.

• Th
      Jun 21, 2010

Sonic has a corporate complaint line. It is [protected]. Please be sure to call this number if you want your voice to be heard. If they hear from all of us, they may change their policies.

• Ro
      Feb 28, 2012
    Sonic Drive - In - drunk general manager!
    Sonic drive-in
    Winnsboro
    Texas

I went to sonic one Tuesday evening a few weeks ago and my burgers were cold. I told the CarHop and she took the burgers back in to have them corrected. Upon receiving them again, they were cold once more. This time I asked to speak to the manager. When he came out I could smell whiskey on him. He was slurring his words and not making sense. I eventually got my burgers for free but was appalled at the service. The general manager should be fired.

Feb 28, 2012

I want some of what he was having.

• Za
      Dec 15, 2012
    Sonic Drive - In - management
    Highway 28
    Pineville
    Louisiana
    Phone: [protected]

I have been working for sonic for around a year an a half and I can honestly say that the job is absoloutely horrible in pay as well as the things that you hve to put with. My issue is that the management team is alwys horrible. My manager that I hvean issue with name is sean and his father 'mickie' is the store general manager and he makes $10.00 an hour which is normal and I get paid $7.25 an hour which is ridicoulous because I have been working for sonic for so long but that is not my complaint. He is scheduled next week four hours overtime while I have 31 hours for the week and im the beat night cook that they have as of now and lets keep in mind his father makes the schedule. He from what I am undertanding has around 15 hours overtime from this past week on top of his usual 44 hours every week and has well over $1, 125 on his paycheck for the two weeks while no other manager does. The other managers are making around $600.00-$800.00 evey two weeks. I make around $550.00 every two weeks and that has only been recently due to a co-worker quiting. I am absoloutely sure that mickie is messing around with the pay time. I think that lance or another head person in the sonic business should look into it because not only is sonic running up its labor all the time but this issue is making it nearly impossible for any other worker to make any decent paycheck. I may only be 17 years of age but I have rent, bills, and things to pay for like every one elas that needs a job. All I request is that someone please come check the clock in times, the schedule and take a look at the cameras to just make this job bareble for me and the rest of this sonic crew. Sincerely a sonic cook that cometely hates his job.

• Ga
      Dec 16, 2012

Learn to spell and then maybe you will qualify for a better job.

• Dw
      Dec 16, 2012

Their time and labor is likely audited by Sonic. If your restaurant is corporate owned, you should contact their headquarters with your complaint. They are the only ones who can correct the issue you are having. There are no laws permitting them from doing what you say they are doing. It is up to the company to choose whether or not they accept what is going on. If it is owned by an individual, they probably know the manager well and his family, and likely won't do much about it. You are getting 30 hours, and most fast food jobs are part time. Also, many states require that full time employees get benefits, which are expensive. They will likely never guarantee you full time unless you move into management. Also, you are still a minor, in most states until the age of 18, and until 21 in others. This may also keep them from getting you more hours or making you a full time employee. You make the federal minimum wage. Companies are not required to give you a raise at all. I work in law enforcement for my state and we haven't gotten raises in over eight years. If the store manager only makes $10.00 an hour, the likelihood is that there's not too much better you will be able to do at Sonic. Go to college, and then when you graduate, attempt to find a better job. We're in a recession. There are people with Master's degrees that are doing what you do right now.

• So
      Sep 03, 2014
    Sonic Drive - In - employment
    535 Southwest Blvd
    Kansas City
    Kansas

Through my researching the customer complaints list just got way too long and
    The business just lost track. After time had past a group of individuals
    Has not only hurt the restaurant, its hurt the hardest entire working
    Wait staff in the world!! A carhops job is by far the hardest
    Restaurant work in its field that is why its turn over rate gets killed.
    It makes it harder for the management to hire and can hurt fellow
    Employee's also, so when this happens our work schedules are figured on a
    Daily. By daily I mean the workers carhops/cooks call the store
    Everyday or the night before to see if they are working. The
    Restaurant does try I mean come on half prices during certain happy
    Hour's even the shakes are half off after 8 at night until close!!! Honestly
    Sonic shouldn't have taken away its old ways customers buzzing through
    The drive through and not even waiting for the order to be re-red and getting to the window without a receipt. I even tell the best
    Car-hop that not even she's a robot, we have lost a lot of our streak but
    The truth will only hurt us both. Service people and the people. I
    Was forced to quit by my management and boss with in my 3 month return
    To working with sonic drive-in never had such a problem before ever in
    My work history with thefranchise although this store#3477 has had a
    Huge turn-over rate since I have been employed there. I am not taking
    Back the written attack on us complaint but am saying or just wanting
    To say wow!! Wrong store to defend, I was however in there defense and
    As far as losing not only me but many other good hearted employees its
    Absurd.in my recollection I recall, 13 employees that have fired left
    Or quit.
    I did however have hope for my sonic while I was employed there, it was a
    Wreck, after the audit, the store being closed for cleaning and bug
    Bombing, in regards to it being closed down.
    I needed my job is what I am trying to say and it was known, cant understand why I was pushed so hard? Verbally and was told my replacement was already hired, I had done
    Nothing except my job and the day I quit was a sad one.

• Re
      Sep 04, 2014

Your complaint doesn't make sense, because of the way it is worded. Quit whining and find another job.

• Bo
      Jan 01, 2015

My girlfriend and I have gone to the sonic on staples just past saratoga blvd. in Corpus Christi, Texas and we have never received our order correctly. We look on the receipt and they never follow our order but the receipt is correct. We used to enjoy going to sonic but because of this sonic we will never go to another sonic EVER!!! We finally got so tired of going back because of our order not being right we have decided to drive further to Whataburger because they never mess up our order.

Jan 01, 2015

Did you later admit that you were not in the car that you were shopping down the street. Either way you are a dishonest person. With such terrible grammar skills there is no way any of you are old enough to drive.

Jan 01, 2015

The only mistake the waitress made was by saying get that woman out of here, she should have said get that child out of here instead.

Jan 01, 2015

Bobby if you are old enough to have a girlfriend and you have the same problem every time you are old enough to double check the order. I can understand you not checking if it happened once, but come on all the time. You are not the brightest crayon in the box are you?