Sonic Drive-In / lame commercial

1 Conway, AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 501-679-6048

We have been lambasted recently with commercials featuring two white "men" that are degrading to men in general and white men in particular. These "men" are assumed to be parked at a Sonic seemingly about to have an orgasm over whatever it is they just bought. Such behavior is demeaning.

Commercials are generally effective if they make people want the product and or want to be like the people in the commercial. Needless to say, I do not want to be like them.I am to the point I immediately mute the tv each and every time I see the commercial begin. I am near to the point of boycotting Sonic until such commercials are pulled. I realize such a large corporation will not miss my little bit of business but I protest on behalf of all the white me who are not gay and feel all white men are belittled every time this comes on the air.

To have only two white men is also politically incorrect. Where are all the Latinos and black folks represented. Was someone afraid to have them represented in such a poor design of a commercial?

Get this crap off the air!!!

Comments

• Re
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Sonic - messed up complete order but no one cared
    SONIC
    Swansea
    Illinois

we went to sonic and ordered breakfast and asked that no peppers especially wouldn't be put on breakfast burrito.
    we called and they just didn't care and either did corporate. it wouldn't have bothered us but the lack of customer service from management showed customers are not important to sonic.

• Ep
      5th of May, 2009

If Sonic chooses to have two white males it does not mean they are politically incorrect. This is beyond stupid. Also, Sonic just one up'd you since muting the tv while the commercial plays still adds to the ratings. But by all means, for the sake of you, let Sonic and hell, every other company put every race, every religion, every sexual orientation, and other thing you can think of or it's evil corporate crap! I hope you post was a joke, because I'd be scared you were able to be allowed in society.

• Tr
      26th of May, 2009

Mr. Thomas of Racist Arkansas!

Who cares what color they are? They are paid to be stupid, so they are. Did you miss the one with the dumb woman and her equally dumb husband (still the driver?) I think they're funny because they represent Sonic and their employees.

I recently saw a white man driving a BMW and one driving a Mercedes on TV. Is that PC? How come a woman wasn't driving? Women drive the vans as soccer moms. That isn't PC!

Why don't they allow women to be professional baseball players or professional boxers? Why don't we see women football players playing for the NFL? Why not a woman in the NBA? Why not someone under 6' in the NBA?

You are just the type to take a date to Sonic for their dollar menu.

• Br
      12th of Jun, 2009
    Sonic - equipment
    Crossett
    Arkansas

we have the worst sonic when it comes to the equipment working. 70% of thw time it is the ice machine, then the speakers and the system down and could not take orders, the service is wonderful and has a great staff. but who is in charge of keeping the machines going?

5th of Oct, 2010
    Sonic - drug
    sonic drive in

Witnest assestent manager selling pot. And smoking it behinde. Trash can. Manage whouldnt do nothing about it same assistent man was asking female cook to have sex in deep freez somthing needs to be done about this guy

• Wi
      18th of Oct, 2010
    Sonic - Bad food-Sonic-Auburn, NE
    Auburn
    Nebraska

The Sonic in Auburn, NE has some work to do. On most recent visit, couldn't get order right, bad food, cold fries with no salt, drinks all ice-not much soda. Need to clean...

• Ca
      30th of Dec, 2010
    Sonic - Bad food
    Topeka
    Kansas

Ordered foot long coney with everything. The hot dog had no jalepenos as picture on the tv ad and the hot dog itself was so salty as to be unhealthy. When we ordered it with everything, we assumed that's what we would get. We will never go to Sonic again.

• Po
      30th of Dec, 2010

Of course it's unhealthy. The majority of fast food is unhealthy.

• Fl
      17th of May, 2011

I work at a Sonic and it is very confusing when a customer says they want "everything" on something. We have so many things you can add on to burgers and coneys that it is close to impossible to figure out exactly what a customer wants. For example when someone orders a burger with "everything", does that mean they just want all the sauces and veggies, or do they also want us to add chili? Bacon? Pepperjack cheese? Who knows! If you choose to go to a Sonic again, please specify exactly what you want on your menu item.

• Cd
      23rd of May, 2011
    Sonic - sick off of food
    sonic
    cadiz
    Kentucky

MY DAUGHTER AND HUSBAND AND MY SELF WENT TO SONIC ON MAY 22 ND AND THEY MESSED UP MY HUSBANDS AND DAUGHTERS ORDER AND THEY WERE RUID ABOUT IT AND MAD THEM NEW FOOD AND NOW MY HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER GOT REALLY SICK OFF OF IT I NEVER GOT SICK IT SEEMS ALSO FUNNY THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT GOT SICK AFTER COMPLAINING. THEY HAVE BEEN THROWING UP AND ALSO HAVE DIAREIA OFF OF THE FOOD . WE WILL NEVER EAT AT SONIC EVER AGAIN

29th of May, 2011

booohooohooo... eat at home

• Me
      19th of Jun, 2011
    Sonic - New milk shake cups
    Manchester
    Tennessee

I took my kids to sonic we got two blasts and two milkshakes. By the time we got them they were like flavored milk. The complaint is about the new cups. They are awful. Go back to the stet foam cups. Thanks

19th of Jun, 2011

styrofoam is horrible for the environment

• He
      10th of Jul, 2011

Bad food, bad service. They even make your ice cream taste bad

• Ah
      12th of Jul, 2011

i agree..the new sonic cups might look nice and all but they Suck. By the time we got our shakes they were already melted into a milky drink.Please Go Back to styrofoam!!

28th of Jul, 2011
    Sonic - New milkshake cups
    Madison
    Tennessee

Well the new sonic cups for milkshakes are AWFUL! thy condensation is ridiculous and gets everywhere. By the time you reciee your milkshake it is already melted & disgusting.

28th of Jul, 2011

Who gives a crap! Paper is bad for my milkshake!!

9th of Dec, 2011
    Sonic - food temperature
    1618 FRANKLIN RD, BRENTWOOD, TN 37027
    Brentwood
    Tennessee

Food is served cool or lukewarm. Returned several times in the past year to turn in breakfast sandwiches that were not hot. They still are serving egg sandwiches that are barely warm and often cool.

• Be
      23rd of Jan, 2012

I just left a Sonics on North Main Street in Columbia, SC. I had ordered a cheeseburger with NO onions.. The young lady repeated the correct order back to me so I just assumed that the order would be correct. When I got back to my office I had a hamburger...NO cheese and onions. Well...I have an allergy to onions...so I couldn't eat the burger. Wasted trip. Didn't know I would have to inspect my food before I leave the drive-thru. Won't be back!!

• Be
      27th of Sep, 2012
    Sonic - Employee cursing me...
    512 Harvey Rd.
    College Station
    Texas
    Phone: 979-680-8051

Drove through the drive thur the young man stated I'm so damn tired of people driving so far from the window...How rude!!!