Sonic Drive - In - Columbia, MO / $8 for order I finally threw out

Sonic Drive-in, Lake of the Woods exit, Columbia, MO. My husband ran to Sonic and brought home our late night dinner, a few months ago. No surprise! The order was wrong, he e-mailed the corporate office and we got no reply. A few weeks ago I called the office, they were going to have someone return my call. No reply. A week later I called the corporate office and I was assured I would get a call back in a reasonable amount of time. Guess what, no call back. So I called and asked for a manager, I think the extension was 446, I left him a message and did let him know that I haven't had any calls returned and I would expect he probably wouldn't bother either. I was right no phone call. They owe us $8 and some change for the order that I finally threw out.

Diane Epstein

Comments

• Ti
      31st of Oct, 2008

FIRST OFF, YOU SHOULD NEVER RUN TO THE CORP. OFFICE, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE DO THAT? DO YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE? THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS GO TO THE SONIC YOU PLACED YOUR ORDER AT. (GO MEET THEM, FACE-TO-FACE) FORGET ALL THESE DAMN EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS, YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE CALLING. & SECONDLY, PERHAPS WHOEVER WENT TO SONIC TO PLACE THE ORDER DIDNT KNOW HOW TO ORDER CORRECTLY. JUST SO YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU ORDER A BURGER AT SONIC. ALWAYS, START OFF BY SAYING I WANT A... CHOSE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: "MAYO, MUST OR KETCHUP"...NEXT SAY "WITH CHEESE" OR "WITHOUT CHEESE" ...AFTER THAT SAY " WITH/WITHOUT ONIONS, LETTUCE, PICKLES OR TOMATOES"... WE AREN'T LIKE ANY OTHER RESTAURANT THAT AUTOMATICALLY PUT MAYO & MUSTARD. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT IN IT. WE'RE NOT PSYCHIC. SO DON'T START ORDERING BY SAYING... " I WANT A HAMBURGER WITH NO ONIONS NO BLAH BLAH BLAH..." BECAUSE WE HAVE TO MEMORIZE ALL THAT YOU HAVE SAID AFTER "HAMBURGER" THEN INTERRUPT YOU BY SAYING " MAYO, MUST, OR KET?"... SOUND FAMILIAR? & TO BE HONEST, SOME OF US WORKING THERE AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO MEMORIZE. THIS IS JUST A "LET YOU KNOW" AND I'M DAMN SURE 95% OF THE TIME, YOUR BURGER WILL BE MADE CORRECTLY.

... IF YOU DIDNT ORDER A BURGER, IM SORRY. BUT WHEN YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER, 90% OF THE TIME, THEY WILL REPEAT IT BACK TO YOU, OR YOU CAN EVEN ASK THEM TO DO SO. IF YOU JUST SAY "YES, THAT YOUR ORDER IS CORRECT" AND NOT EVEN BOTHER LISTENING WHEN THEY'RE READING IT BACK TO YOU, THEN ITS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT... OKAY?

• Ha
      21st of Apr, 2010

wow! after reading the previous post, i can gaurantee i will NEVER visit a sonic again! first of all, you dont EVER talk to customers that way. second, after my friend starting work at a sonic recently they actually got MAD at her for washing her hands after handling raw chicken. I personally worked for a sonic for an hour once, but after the manager asked if he could watch me change clothes and grabbed a coworker's breasts, i walked out. In my opinion, sonic seems to be a dirty, lazy terrible company, especially in columbia missouri! and i have copied and sent your post along with your name to the sonic corporate office. i think they should know the level of maturity they have working for them.

• Sm
      30th of Apr, 2010

The company that mystery shops Sonic is Quest for Best which you can look up on Google. Jump through the hoops and you can be a Sonic mystery shopper and help make sure they do things right.

• Sm
      30th of Apr, 2010

By the way, typing in all caps is as rude as the post is.