Sonic Drive In / awful place

I worked at the sonic in elkins arkansas for a year. When i was hired management was good but it was only temporary. The store manager when i had started had taken over after a previous one had passed away. The manager when i started was going to attend college the next semester and would be transferring to another location. That is why Bryan Davis was brought in from the Sonic on College to be the new store manager for elkins.

In the beginning i can understand why Bryan would have trouble. He had never done most of the tasks he was suppose to do as manager. So i helped him out as much as i could and tried to make the other employees understand that he would get better as time progressed.

As time went on Bryan still could not do his managerial duties correctly. I was the only assistant that ran my own shift on most days (with no other Assistants on duty) And not having proper amounts of products ordered nearly every week drove customers away. I of course would take some of the heat for that.

For anyone who has ever worked for the fast food industry then you will understand this. Labor stayed at about 27% daily even on the weekends. Elkins is a small town so not a whole lot of business to begin with. But the previous manager had been able to keep labor Around 22% or lower. around 16 or 17% on weekends.

Bryan davis would Schedule way too many people for my shifts and tell me not to send anyone home early. and When labor went up I would take ALL of the blame for it.

The reason i left The Sonic after taking all of that crap is simple. He blamed me for him getting in trouble from The General Manager for our Sonic. So when i told him that i had to move from my apartment a couple days later he said NO bcuz he isn't going to cover for me because of The GM getting on to him.

I either had to work and have all my stuff confiscated by my previous landlord or Quit and keep all of my stuff.

Do

Comments

• Du
      15th of Apr, 2009

• Br
      16th of Dec, 2009

Well, what an interesting dip into the fictional world of sean macy. Good one sean. Clever way to vent your frustrations I suppose. If I wrote forums lying out my ### trash talking people online to try to make up for my own failures in life, I would be nothing more than a loser with a guatamalan bullfrog of a girlfriend... oh snap. Sean quit without notice after being criticized for video footage revealing himself and two other crew members playing computer games and chatting at the desk for over an hour straight. If he hadn't taken this initiative, he was to be terminated shortly thereafter. Sonic of elkins has never been more prosperous. It seems without mr. Macy and his protoges, business has been considerably better. In an era of economic crisis, we continue to increase profit margin and boost sales. But yeah, that Bryan Davis guy..what does he know.

• Ge
      11th of Feb, 2013

Dustin,
    Im sorry to hear about that. You should have taken your concerns to the General manager or supervisor of the sonics in your area. That is high labor and depending on the weather is may or may not have been avoidable. There should always be a minimum of two in back and 2 or 3 employees in the front depending on business. Our labor stands at 24 on our worst days so I can understand how unorthadox it was for you.
    I hope your move wasnt too taxing and did you transfer out or...?

• Me
      24th of Jun, 2013

I travel so I get an opportunity to visit many fast food places at all times of the day and all days of the week. I was very happy a few years ago when Sonic put in a drive-in in our small town, but now I say take it out and I will drive the 10 miles to the next one. They never have what you order. I have been told "I am sorry but we can't fix milkshakes today, our ice cream is runny like water", "can I just give you a large instead of a route 44 because we are out of the 44 cups". One night we drove up town, my whole family, to get milkshakes, they brought us the milkshakes, but we could not get a strawberry one because they said they were out of strawberries. So we ordered a different flavor, when they brought them I noticed that there was no cherry and no whipped cream, I ask the girl about that and she said "yeh, we're out of whipped cream". I have never been able to get what I want at the Sonic in Bloomfield, Missouri, my hoetown, Dexter is 10 miles away and many of the people I go to church with say they don't even stop at the Bloomfield store anymore, they either go to the gas station or they drive to Dexter. You might as well close the one here in Blooomfield or get a manager who knows what they are doing.

Mary Thornburgh,